shape
carat
color
clarity

a bit frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I called and have been emailing Jim Meyer back and forth about doing a setting for a sapphire ring I''d like to have made. I don''t have the sapphire yet and told Jim this fact. He told me he had three sapphires I might be interested in. He sent me a picture. Two of them are ovals, which I don''t think I like and one is a round. The round is 1.22 ct. and I think by the time I get it bezeled it might look too small. I had mentioned to him that one of the oval stones looked windowed to me (hopefully he wasn''t offended) and he emailed back and told me that it was well cut. On Wed., I told him that I would consider the round stone, but wanted to see if I could find perhaps a bit bigger round stone or maybe even a cushion. (I''m having Wink look for this for me) I also asked him for the price of a different setting that I liked after getting a price for the initial one I had asked him about. I emailed him again today since I hadn''t heard from him. I feel as though ever since I told him I might not get the sapphire from him, he has not responded to me. He was very responsive when I first contacted him. Now, I don''t know if I should call him or what. I really want him to do the setting, but don''t feel as though I should have to beg someone to take my business.

Any thoughts?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t make any assumptions at this point. It is Friday and he may have taken the day off.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cind,
he is very busy atm, and remember he is just a one man operation - no SA''s to answer emails etc.
If you are really concerned you should phone him - I don''t think email is his "preferred" method of contact, and is sometimes a lil slower than other PS vendors.

I am saying this because I was also concerned earlier this week, but he emailed and said he''s been very busy and apologized.
If I were in the US, I would probably just call.
But don''t worry, I''m sure he''s got your emails and is cool with your stone search.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure you''re probably both right. I guess I was just excited about my project and wanted to "talk" further with him. Maybe I''ll just give him a call on Monday. Thanks.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yup, as AJ said, he's a one man operation with a very busy schedule these days. It once took him 2 weeks to email me back. He's easier to reach on the phone. Every time I've called him, he picks up. Honestly, I think some people just aren't big emailers--I find this to be true with some older folks, but that's just a casual observation haha. He's a great designer, but again he does everything by himself--so it's a different kind of "customer service."

eta: just saw your post above.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results