shape
carat
color
clarity

A 4th of July proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bass12

Rough_Rock
A few weeks ago I posted a camping trip proposal idea, but it won’t work because something else came up that weekend (and we’re busy practically every other weekend this summer).

So, I’ve had to come up with another one, which I think is even better. FYI: we’ve been dating 2.5 years, have known each other for 4 years come September.

4th of July weekend we’ll be staying in the Finger Lakes at her family’s lake cottage. The week before the proposal I’m going to give her a Finger Lakes charm (shape of the lake her cottage is on) for her charm bracelet; then I’ll have my jewelry store put the charm on her bracelet. What she doesn’t know is that I’m going to have them put on another charm. It’s a small circle which engraved on one side says, “A date to remember”, and on the other side will say, “July 3rd, 2004: Will You Marry Me?”

Fast forward to July 3rd. We’ll go on a bike ride to a lookout point on the lake. I’ll pack a picnic and we’ll dine over-looking the lake. Then I’ll set up my digital camera to take a picture of us with the lake in the background, but I’ll actually put it in movie mode without her knowing.

I’ll give her the charm bracelet and she’ll love the new finger-lakes charm, as she won’t be expecting it back from the store so quickly…a cute little surprise. Then she’ll notice the date charm, and as she flips it over and reads the back I’ll drop to a knee, pull out the ring and say my two cents, asking her to marry me. (And it will all be caught on tape!)

When I ask her dad for her hand in marriage (and her mom) on Father’s Day, I’ll let them know that I plan on doing it July 3rd on a bike ride. So after the proposal when we arrive back at the cottage on our bikes, I’ll give her dad a thumbs up (and she''ll hide her ring on her hand in her pocket) and he’ll have everyone (probably about 15 people) gather around to light sparklers for the 4th of July. I hand out sparklers to everyone except my new fiancé and once they are all lit, I’ll announce that she doesn’t have one, because she has her own special “sparkler”, …and she’d hold out her hand and I’d announce that we were engaged. Then I could show everyone the video from my digital camera by plugging it right into the TV.

Any glitches you can see? (Except for the obvious bad weather...in that case I''m stumped)
Thanx

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
Glitches?? Well... no... it seems that you thought EVERYTHING through pretty thoroughly, including what you are going to say, hand motions you will make to her Dad, and how she has to keep the ring after you're done. Just relax and let it happen naturally, because you don't want to get flustered or disappointed if one piece of the plan doesn't fall exactly into place. But I do think you have an excellent plan overall.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results