shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond bracelet for my mom?

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey folks!

So, I was going to purchase a pre-loved Temple St. Clair piece from a local seller, but it appears that deal has fallen through. It would be for my elderly mother for Christmas.

I was looking online and found this bracelet:
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg

It's about 3 cts total with baguette, round brilliant and marquise diamonds.
I was hoping the seller will go down to $1.4k for me (Canadian) which really lowers what I can get. I'm trying to find a Canadian seller unless the price is low enough to counter the conversation rate, customs, duties etc

I'd love to hear what you folks think about this bracelet.
The seller does not have an appraisal for it, but claims the diamonds are higher quality etc etc.
After dealing with my 5 stone ring I purchased off of ebay, I realize that sometimes the claims made about quality can be very different than reality :lol-2::lol-2:

I just wanted to get her something fun for Christmas to make her smile. She's had a terrible year.

As always, thank you PSers for your advice!

close up pic
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Last edited:

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
I think the design is really unique, with attractive proportions. You're right about the 'bay being hit or miss, so you'll have to determine your personal risk tolerance. But, it's a VERY pretty bracelet, and a sweet gift for your mama. :))

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You'll probably get more comments if you have mods move this to Rocky TalTalk.

Here's a pretty one on Loupe Troop - $1250. Not mine but simple,classic, elegant. I think it might have cert?
https://loupetroop.com/listings/bracelets/dot-69ct-east-slash-west-marquise-bangle
The one you picked is ok .I worry though that the jeweler has overestimated the bracelet 's quality.
So sweet of you to think of your mom.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design is pretty, though I'd be worried that if the quality of the setting isn't great, the prongs and pointy corners might catch on fabric/sleeves/etc which might be annoying.

Reactions: caf

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You'll probably get more comments if you have mods move this to Rocky TalTalk.

Here's a pretty one on Loupe Troop - $1250. Not mine but simple,classic, elegant. I think it might have cert?
https://loupetroop.com/listings/bracelets/dot-69ct-east-slash-west-marquise-bangle
The one you picked is ok .I worry though that the jeweler has overestimated the bracelet 's quality.
So sweet of you to think of your mom.

The design is pretty, though I'd be worried that if the quality of the setting isn't great, the prongs and pointy corners might catch on fabric/sleeves/etc which might be annoying.

I think the design is really unique, with attractive proportions. You're right about the 'bay being hit or miss, so you'll have to determine your personal risk tolerance. But, it's a VERY pretty bracelet, and a sweet gift for your mama. :))

Thank you for the suggestions and ideas.
I suppose I should continue to look for something else.
I know my mother would like a bit more bling. I feel bad that she wears copies of tennis bracelets that are made of steel or sterling and they turn her skin green or give her a reaction. I just keep trying to replace her jewelry with the real things whenever I can make enough cash to put towards her.

Thanks Caf for the suggestion of the other bracelet. I think my mom wants something a bit more full circle in case the bracelet flips around.

Reactions: caf

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll keep an eye out for you. A lot of vendors are having sales now. Would you consider a DBTY bracelet? So one with bezeled diamonds?
You probably should check out Blue Nile and James Allen also for a diamond bracelet.
Again this is a really nice thing you are trying to do!
Also maybe look at Langs.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'll keep an eye out for you. A lot of vendors are having sales now. Would you consider a DBTY bracelet? So one with bezeled diamonds?
You probably should check out Blue Nile and James Allen also for a diamond bracelet.
Again this is a really nice thing you are trying to do!
Also maybe look at Langs.

https://www.jamesallen.com/fine-jew...d-two-prong-diamond-bracelet-2-ctw-item-58253

this is above your budget! But you might call J A and see if they have a 1 or 1.5 ct version.

you might also check IDJ.

Caf, you are awesome! Thanks so much for all of your suggestions!!! I'm looking at them right now.
Do you think pre-loved might be better for me to get more bang for my buck? I was looking at folks who are selling their one off jewels to see if I can get better value for my cash.

Oh wow. Thanks very much for your searches! The IDJ one is very interesting!! I love the rose gold option. That's very kind of you to help me out and investigate options. I'm going to keep looking, but I wasn't really sure who to go to for Etsy, so your postings are fantastic!!

Gosh, I just love PSers!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results