shape
carat
color
clarity

Sea of Cortez pearls - share the history?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not being the pearl person in general, just because I am probably too brusque to take good care of them, I am very much interested in the Sea of Cortez pearls.

I don’t know what strikes me more, the their unusual look, or the fact that their production is being restored, as very few things in this world are. And in the context of our failed protection of the environment, maybe it is one of efforts that should be an example for us?

I read that they started from a student project that was graded a “C”, is this true?

If so, it is even more interesting, as it could serve as the great learning story, for our students that come up with interesting projects that the world marks a “C”, and they get discouraged. (Just yesterday I spoke with a talented young lady to whom I said, never get back to your home crying because your project got a C. Prove that it is an A+ because the teachers grading you might be idiots).

These pearls are expensive, but I am planning to make something, or replace the pearls in my mom’s ring.

So I wanted to invite the people who have them, or have visited the farm, to maybe share the experience? I don’t even know which ones I like best, what is the preferred color?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is a question for Douglas - each harvest yields its own best, and they are hardly ever the same colour.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I hope this thread gains traction--as I am interested also.

cheers--Sharon

Reactions: AV_

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One day I shall make a necklace from these pearls!

Attachments

• 38C27BFF-A0B9-4828-A52C-42F0346F36D9.jpeg
    38C27BFF-A0B9-4828-A52C-42F0346F36D9.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 66

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question. Maybe to the owners. Is the story that the business started from a home project in economy class of a local community college, the project that was graded “C”? (I tell the story to some teenagers, to motivate them, to never give up and accept someone’s “C” as the the ultimate truth.) But maybe the story was different?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results