color
clarity

Sapphires for eternity ring?

Sapphire eternity or 5 stone?

• Total voters

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
:wavey:hi all,
I’ve been thinking about an all sapphire eternity ring for a while now, but I am concerned about how fragile it might be.
I am hoping to create a largish one (as in, not a small staking band) if it was diamonds I’m guessing each sapphire would be around .4 of a carat?
I know colour matching might hard, but hoping to approach one of the pricescope vendors or maybe David klass when I’m closer to being ready. Hopefully it’s not too big a job.
Perhaps a 5 stone is the way to go? But would really love the eternity, hmmmmm?
Would this be a nightmare to wear or make? I wouldn’t be doing anything too strenuous with it, but I wouldn’t want to chip and break sapphires daily.
Thanks so much for any opinions:loopy:
-just added a small poll, can’t wait to see opinions (is the idea of a sapphire eternity horrifying?)

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of a diamond-sapphire-diamond-sapphire-diamond band. That’s just my preference, though. =)2

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you going to stack it with anything else?

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
Maybe on my ring finger with a thin diamond band, but mostly on my right hand.

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
F17BB5FE-7DDF-43AC-B64C-461022D51144.jpeg BC638D18-BCAA-4A5B-9A3B-EE456836980F.jpeg 16DE37C4-C859-4C61-9D03-39DD9FD0D5BD.jpeg I just found these on Pinterest, can I assume that because they have been made that the sapphires would stand up to being worn? 00B8F9C1-CFC9-470C-902E-DEFE174CA768.jpeg i hope these aren’t too big, I’ve never attached photos before!

Oh no, they’re huge! Sorry

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the last set of bands!

Maybe on my ring finger with a thin diamond band, but mostly on my right hand.

So if it physically rubs against the daimond band then that is going to cause wear and tear (probably far more so than the occasional scraping against other things like draws/coat hangers/door handles/etc.). If you plan to stack it then I might personally go with daimonds. I have no idea if these have sold

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/yellow-fiy-cushion-diamonds

But I have always thought it was crazy that they were still available at that price.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on how often and when you wear them. Some will chip diamonds at the bottom of the band. Some won’t. The size of the stones also makes a difference.

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
Qubitasaurus- thankyou for that listing, I do love yellow diamonds, and what a gorgeous colour!

Chrono- I think having larger sapphires set with a prong type setting might make them more susceptible to chipping, but I guess I’m looking to see if they would just shatter the first time I wore it.

I’m not ready yet, I have just found out that I am pregnant so will have a little while to decide and think etc, not to mention to wait until my fingers deflate!
thank you both for attempting to answer my question, I think there will be lots of time to look into this project as I deal with the morning sickness that’s beginning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results