shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire opinion

dearbornpop

Rough_Rock
6B4EF9D0-1DB8-48E6-BBE5-6256E58E834A.png hi!
Could you tell me if $4000 is a reasonable price to pay for an unheated blue sapphire with the following measurements please?

7.82x5.78x4.27
Rectangular Cushion
2.93 ct
Unheated (certified by GIC Colombo)
Origin - Sri Lanka

Thank you!!

dearbornpop

Rough_Rock
6B4EF9D0-1DB8-48E6-BBE5-6256E58E834A.png hi!
Could you tell me if $4000 is a reasonable price to pay for an unheated blue sapphire with the following measurements please?

7.82x5.78x4.27
Rectangular Cushion
2.03 ct
Unheated (certified by GIC Colombo)
Origin - Sri Lanka

Thank you!!

Correction - it’s 2.03 ct.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
A bit on the too-good-to-be-true side, perhaps? Depends on the lightsetting you used in your image. As it is there it looks like very-royal to me. Though there might be a window. Can't see. More images?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colour looks fabulous
Cut is terrible
I would use a better lab to verify that it is untreated.

dearbornpop

Rough_Rock
74DBCFFB-AFA2-4C4B-BBCF-18A3A9B242C9.jpeg 5A64F41A-C74E-4629-BBC0-F7E1A9EC15C4.jpeg Here are two more pictures in daylight. I acted very impulsively and bought this stone from a Sri Lankan gemstone dealer after looking at a few pictures and videos. The stone doesn’t look like a 2ct (7.82x5.78) and I’m wondering if I should sell it? And if so, what could I expect?

dearbornpop

Rough_Rock
Also, I was able to pull up the certificate on the website below which confirms that the certificate is authentic. I don’t know if the stone matches the certificate. How should I check that?

https://www.gicolombo.com/

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your certificate won't help much if selling it to someone who wants a certificate. We don't know about this lab, except according to their "About" page, they are the "best in the business." Maybe someone in Sri Lanka would be OK with it. The stone's measurements put it somewhere around 2ct, but if it seems small, next time draw out the measurements so you see what 7.8x5.7 looks like. Remember, depth also impacts weight. As for the price, I don't think you'll get your $4000 back.

torontocatlady

Shiny_Rock
Hi !

Was your intention always to sell this or were you originally looking to make a piece of jewellery? I think that despite the cut, the colour is quite nice but it is hard to tell from the lighting. Perhaps if you set this, it could be a nice piece to wear. I am not sure if you will be able to get your value back for resale unless you have a certificate from a more reputable lab and the cut is better in person than it looks. Most people looking for loose sapphires (around here anyway) put a significant amount of time into learning and finding the best possible match for them so it could be quite hard to sell. Perhaps you could post a video once you receive it so we can give better recommendations

dearbornpop

Rough_Rock
I purchased this stone as a center piece on a ring so I intended to keep it. I was quite excited until I received it and took a look at it in person. I have a video that the sales person from Sri Lanka sent over. I’ll try uploading that shortly.
Thank you for your feedback!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results