shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Setting Continues and Appraisal Question

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
I’ve not posted on this forum for awhile, but first off, I need to thank you all for your help on helping me find the perfect stone last fall. I found a ring I loved at a local jewelry store which led me down the journey of finding a radiant. You all recommended David at Diamonds by Lauren, and I could not be happier with my experience. The most important thing to me was value, and I believe I paid at least 30% less for my 2.01 G SI1 radiant than I would have found at any local store. And it was a prettier stone than any I looked at. Trust me, I did nothing more than diamond hunt for like 2 months last year. So, call David!!! Especially if you’re looking for a fancy cut or colored diamond.

As far as the setting, I’ve procrastinated and still can not stop thinking about the setting at the local store. My boyfriend and I are going to Paris in 3 weeks, and he’s hinted that he would like to propose then. So no time to have custom made by David. I went over tonight and purchased the setting at the local store. I’ve tried on many settings similar to the one I love and they’re just not as perfect which led me to make the plunge and probably overpay for the local store setting. With that said, I do like supporting the local store and being able to have it serviced here locally in the future.

My question is... the jeweler asked where I purchased the diamond and what I paid. Is that information I have to provide? I’d rather just have it appraised without telling them that. I did provide the GIA number and copy of certificate so I would think that is enough?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would tell him because you want your diamond to be appraised at least what you paid for it. It’s not an exact science..There is some play in his figuring out how much it’s worth..If he’s trying to decide on a number and it’s close to what you paid but he’s thinking a little under..then he will at least use your number..You want it to worth what you paid for it. I feel better to over insure a little then to not insure enough. Of course, you don’t want to over insure it either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results