• A. Yes. But it!

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • B. No. Pass on it.

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
99196EBB-C326-4C12-849C-38BF37721A06.jpeg 4459BE59-F65A-4B56-BF8B-38E708EED9CA.jpeg 6C9DD01C-EA17-4EDE-A2ED-E29783F00173.jpeg 6183B903-BACD-4D80-A0C1-0FF316B1AF8C.jpeg Im trying to justify to dh that this diamond is not worthless. Please be honest. Enable or dissuade. Lol. It’s 1000 out the door at a Pawn shop. The gold is prob worth 140. So my net cost for stone is 860. Here are the pics. It’s estimated at 1 carat. A little over, I suspect. I1.color ?? It’s next to my 2.52 GIA I round and next to my .60 heart idk the color.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Just noticed typo. Should read Buy it. Not but it. Lol. I can’t edit.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Set east west would look nice.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I’d buy that. It’s still a nice “white” colour and even though busy with inclusions in a marquis cut its far less noticeable - sort of a crushed ice look.
You could change it to an East/west setting and pop a coloured halo around it and you’ve got yourself a bargain beautiful ring.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hem and haw and ask them if they’d do $850. Then work your way up. Worst case you pay what they’re asking. See if they’d “include tax” for that amount.

It’s a sizable stone. Lots of potential!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with trying to negotiate price! Also, where is this unicorn pawn/jewelry stuff where you find so many goodies????

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Just noticed typo. Should read Buy it. Not but it. Lol. I can’t edit.
@nala sorry for asking ,but have you reset your Diamond back to three stone setting ??i am debating between three stone and halo ! Please , share your experience:))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala sorry for asking ,but have you reset your Diamond back to three stone setting ??i am debating between three stone and halo ! Please , share your experience:))
Lol. No. That’s an old pic. I really love the 3 stone setting but my side stones were not very well cut. I still have it and eventually will go back to it, hopefully after I come upon better sidestones to swap into it. I’m still loving my halo. What do you have now?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nala..I’m not a huge fan of marquise cut but I think this diamond is very pretty. It looks bigger than a carat..I would buy it if you love it..Would you keep it in the setting?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s so prett. Can’t wait to see how you reset it! Yay!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see your reset pictures!! Love Affair Diamonds has a beautiful marquise in a sapphire setting I’ve been lusting after. What do you have in mind for it?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the big bold setting. Enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel - we need your opinion on this marquise!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel - we need your opinion on this marquise!
We actually didn’t. I had already purchased it by the time you tagged her. And I’m very happy with it...now that I’ve seen it in various lighting situations, I have no doubts.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We actually didn’t. I had already purchased it by the time you tagged her. And I’m very happy with it...now that I’ve seen it in various lighting situations, I have no doubts.
Ok. :lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kind of uncalled for...MGR was just trying to be helpful! I don't think anyone could've foreseen that you would've bought the diamond so shortly after posting this thread (although it's usually your MO so maybe we should've known).

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of uncalled for...MGR was just trying to be helpful! I don't think anyone could've foreseen that you would've bought the diamond so shortly after posting this thread (although it's usually your MO so maybe we should've known).
Huh? I posted a several pics saying I bought it. What is uncalled for is your post. Bc you obviously haven’t read the thread so no need for you to nanny net.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh? I posted a several pics saying I bought it. What is uncalled for is your post. Bc you obviously haven’t read the thread so no need for you to nanny net.

No one is nannying just calling you out for being nasty! Enjoy your ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one is nannying just calling you out for being nasty! Enjoy your ring!
I sure will! And please stop obsessing over my purchases! My MO or not, you are clearly triggered. Have a great evening.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you bought it! I have wanted a marquise...for ever. Yeah, girl of the 80s here!
And yes, I'd wear it as is for now. Why not? It's fun. And when you know if you want something else for her, then that will be fun, too. Enjoy!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you bought it! I have wanted a marquise...for ever. Yeah, girl of the 80s here!
And yes, I'd wear it as is for now. Why not? It's fun. And when you know if you want something else for her, then that will be fun, too. Enjoy!
Ty! Yes!! Very true!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see your reset pictures!! Love Affair Diamonds has a beautiful marquise in a sapphire setting I’ve been lusting after. What do you have in mind for it?
No idea yet! But that will be half the fun! I sooo love the ring you are referring to. It is definitely a dream ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmmm ?
Wasn’t there an earlier thread on this ring,? Dec I think, where Nala had found it in a pawnshop and was weighing up whether it was too included for the $1,000 asking price. DH / DP was somewhat anti it’s “80s” style I recall and wasn’t sure it was worth anything!.
Anyhow, I’m glad Nala decided to go back and get it, obviously it had “her name on it”, it’s a nice bright diamond and for $850 (less setting gold value) a good buy in my book.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I’d buy that. It’s still a nice “white” colour and even though busy with inclusions in a marquis cut its far less noticeable - sort of a crushed ice look.
You could change it to an East/west setting and pop a coloured halo around it and you’ve got yourself a bargain beautiful ring.
Here’s the thing. I have great eyes! I really do! But all I see when I look at her is sparkle and brightness! So I guess I’m very forgiving when it comes to clarity as long as I don’t see black carbon spots or grayish murky areas.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmmm ?
Wasn’t there an earlier thread on this ring,? Dec I think, where Nala had found it in a pawnshop and was weighing up whether it was too included for the $1,000 asking price. DH / DP was somewhat anti it’s “80s” style I recall and wasn’t sure it was worth anything!.
Anyhow, I’m glad Nala decided to go back and get it, obviously it had “her name on it”, it’s a nice bright diamond and for $850 (less setting gold value) a good buy in my book.
Yes! I updated the thread today but started this one so that I could include a poll, as I wanted to negate hubby’s biased opinion and I didn’t trust the lighting. Lol. I’m glad I did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results