shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help with this round diamond - L/W ratio 1.02 acceptable?

Tomo

Rough_Rock
Need some help deciding whether to purchase this diamond online. What throws me off is L/W ratio of 1.02 for a round diamond, although the diamond has a symmetry grade of Excellent... Is that something I should be concerned about for light performance?

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 8.27.14 AM.jpg

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm still drinking the first pot of morning coffee, but check your calculation. When I divide 7.12 by 7.06 I get 1.00849858 or less than 1.01.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looking through my bookmarks from April when I was diamond shopping...

www.lumeradiamonds.com/glossary/Length_to_Width_Ratio

"A perfectly round or square diamond will have a length to width ratio of 1.00 (since its length and width are equal), but many will be off slightly since they are often not perfectly cut. Any L/W ratio of 1.05 or less will appear perfectly round or square to the naked eye."

I don't know if I'd go as far as 1.05, but we ended up choosing a diamond that's a hair over 1.01 and no one has questioned its roundness. Trust me, my friends would have said something. Some of them I've known more than 40 years. They'll stretch the truth about the weight of a fish and always bluff at poker, but they don't pull any punches.
I've tried to figure out which side is which and simply can't do it. The difference between the length and the width - in inches - is 0.003543307 :)

www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3955177.htm

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can tell the difference of 0.06mm by your naked eye, you can collect your Superman/Superwoman cape at the point of purchase ;)) lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results