shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help look at these two oval rings, which seems of better looking? Thanks

Vivianhuo

Rough_Rock
Hello, I have set my eyes on two oval rings, they are of similar size and Specs. I can’t decide which is of better option (v confused) and would plea for some insider advice please.. wether either one of them is a better choice than the other or should look further..

The plain platinum halo ring the centre stone is of 1.01, F VS2, depth 57.6, table 58, excellent polish, VG symmetry, non fluorescent;

The diamond band halo ring the centre stone is 1.07, E VS2, depth 62.3, table 58, excellent polish & symmetry, none fluorescent

Many thanks in advance 82FDB462-4688-47EF-8563-5F6D917284FF.jpeg 35920695-1DC9-4A4C-B4D6-A6A4B41C2C90.jpeg EA9B7A25-ABAC-4A1C-BC9C-5C0A9370F606.jpeg

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Depth and table matter more for rounds than for ovals. That being said, I prefer the deeper depth of the E color diamond. It really comes down to your eyes and preferences. If you see a visible dark area extending across the center of the oval that is a bowtie and is a negative. Outline wise the shorter squatter ovals tend to have less mush and more sparkle than the longer thin ovals
Both E and F are colorless grades of stones. VS2 are very slightly included and may have eye visible inclusions, such as dark crystals or they could be eye clean depending on the inclusion.
H ave you looked at the Opulence Ovals on the August Vintage website? They are cut for maximum brilliance and to eliminate the bowtie found in the majority of ovals.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With these very limited pictures, I* think the 1.07 E has better light return with less areas of mush. The blue outlined area in the second stone shows
what looks to be clear well-defined facets that are returning light nicely. The top ring is showing only a small area that looks to have well-defined facets.
The other area could be mushy (does not return light well) or could be small, sparkly facets that are not as bright as the center. Cant really tell from the
photos.

However, with that being said...I'm working off of a few pictures. You are seeing the stones in person. Which one do you like the faceting pattern on
better?

Capture.PNG

Vivianhuo

Rough_Rock
Depth and table matter more for rounds than for ovals. That being said, I prefer the deeper depth of the E color diamond. It really comes down to your eyes and preferences. If you see a visible dark area extending across the center of the oval that is a bowtie and is a negative. Outline wise the shorter squatter ovals tend to have less mush and more sparkle than the longer thin ovals
Both E and F are colorless grades of stones. VS2 are very slightly included and may have eye visible inclusions, such as dark crystals or they could be eye clean depending on the inclusion.
H ave you looked at the Opulence Ovals on the August Vintage website? They are cut for maximum brilliance and to eliminate the bowtie found in the majority of ovals.
Thank you v much for the reply. It seemed that both have some sort of dark areas across the middle but hard for me to tell which gonna be more prominent than the other in the special lighting at jewelers shop. I have no clue how to tell if these dark areas (wished there were a pair of professional eyes when i tried on). I do like the shape of the E Color but do you think it has a slightly more darker area? I had planned to try on some then shop around but came across these two I like and not sure if either of them is good choice..

Vivianhuo

Rough_Rock
7293C4AC-005E-43F7-A133-C879E83ED9EA.jpeg 4449BC6B-D21D-4A80-8B28-9AFEDD7A43F9.jpeg AFCB1567-5595-4B93-9911-671411A65CA2.jpeg Tyty333, many thanks for the reply. I like the look of E Color one a bit better think it is clearer but not sure I can tell which has the better faceting pattern (totally layman:). I do have a few more pics and one of the E color ring pics seemed to have a cute batman mask, might it be the bow tie? Would it be a better indication as to better light reflection? Please excuse the pics overload.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results