clarity

Opinion on this 4.13 cushion cut diamond

TEH

Rough_Rock
7C97C8C3-668F-4F55-923A-D3D8688C920E.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your concern about the strong fluorescence?

TEH

Rough_Rock
What is your concern about the strong fluorescence?
Everything I read about looking for the ideal stone recommends either none or faint. My previous stone was ”faint” so I have nothing to compare it to.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you say center stone is it slammed by other diamonds? This would be my only concern with the fluorescence since in UV light the diamonds won’t match - this one will have a blue sheen. I am more concerned that despite its good clarity it is not eye clean. Those two inclusions on the table are pretty glaring to me. Having said all that, it’s a nice looking pattern.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*flanked not slammed!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything I read about looking for the ideal stone recommends either none or faint. My previous stone was ”faint” so I have nothing to compare it to.
Fair enough. The way I look at it, fluorescent diamonds used to sell at a premium as blue-whites. At some point the industry changed direction and started saying fluorescence is bad. I don’t tend to trust that kind of change as being indicative of anything useful.
If it has no influence on the appearance of the stone, as stated by the vendor, it can make for a good discount and a neat effect in sunlight.
You may notice a difference in appearance next to other non-fluoro diamonds (or you might not).
Do you like the stone? I don’t know how to read the imaging other than thinking white isn’t always great and it looks like you have a ring of white around the table which might be suggestive of leakage. But there’s lots of red too. Hopefully other much more experienced posters come along and chime in.

TEH

Rough_Rock
*flanked not slammed!

My current setting is a halo setting. My center stone was a 2.5 cushion. I expect to have to have the halo redone if I go with a stone this large. I started out looking at 3-3.5 ctw but ran across this one in the same price range.

Reactions: AV_

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest the aset doesnt look that good under the table.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The inclusion is a speck of dust and the ASET looks good - for a cushion. The SBF will give it a subtle blue glow in sunlight - IMHO something worth wishing for.

I will ever wish for the OMC style of faceting thought - it is the one thing I can say this stone does not have - else it is just so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results