shape
carat
color
clarity

Officially Engaged - a couple pictures+story

ManMadeandConfused

Rough_Rock
So I'm officially engaged as of yesterday, the first day of spring! I'm here from the MMD section where I was asking for opinions on the stone. A couple people wanted me to post a few on hand shots so thought I'd share the story and 2 photos here. I'll post more photos as they come!

Story:
I picked the first day of spring to ask as it is a special day to me. My father passed of cancer today, March 21, 2017. He wished that he would make it to spring and he did by one day. I wanted to have something positive to bring spring in and pay tribute to him. I chose to propose in the town where his ashes are. It happened as we walked through a beautiful park surrounded by willow trees and running water. We were walking to dinner and crossed a cute bridge over the bubbling stream where I stopped her in the middle to take a picture. I then proceeded to hold her and not let her keep walking as I stumbled around a few seconds before I could collect my thoughts and go into my short speech. Of course, she had no idea why I was talking about when we first met and various other things and thought I was crazy, until I reached into my pocket and got down on one knee, when she immediately started crying. I might have got a little teary eyed as well ;)2 it was a very enthusiastic and immediate yes. I thought she knew but she said she had absolutely no idea, and my winter jacket hid the box well. The box might I add, was a backup box I ordered just three days prior because the handmade engraved one I ordered still hasn't arrived in the country Now she knows why I was trying to convince her to paint her nails the night before but I didn't want to be too obvious so when she refused I didn't push it. Needless to say she now understands why I didn't want her to be wearing black chipped nail polish :lol:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet, sentimental & sparkly!!
Congratulations!!
Blessings to you both for a happy & loving life, together!!! :kiss2:

Q

Queenie60

congratulations. Wishing you many years of happiness. Also, great job, the ring is beautiful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful proposal and ring - thanks for sharing with us!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations ... Very sweet and sentimental proposal! Beautiful ring!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both! Beautiful ring, well done.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and very sweet proposal! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, it sounds like a perfect proposal and the ring looks beautiful!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations...what a lovely proposal and a lovely ring.... She is so lucky...

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congratulations ! What a beautiful proposal story, thank you for sharing!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal story! Congratulations! The ring is just gorgeous on her hand!

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
So I'm officially engaged as of yesterday, the first day of spring! I'm here from the MMD section where I was asking for opinions on the stone. A couple people wanted me to post a few on hand shots so thought I'd share the story and 2 photos here. I'll post more photos as they come!

Story:
I picked the first day of spring to ask as it is a special day to me. My father passed of cancer today, March 21, 2017. He wished that he would make it to spring and he did by one day. I wanted to have something positive to bring spring in and pay tribute to him. I chose to propose in the town where his ashes are. It happened as we walked through a beautiful park surrounded by willow trees and running water. We were walking to dinner and crossed a cute bridge over the bubbling stream where I stopped her in the middle to take a picture. I then proceeded to hold her and not let her keep walking as I stumbled around a few seconds before I could collect my thoughts and go into my short speech. Of course, she had no idea why I was talking about when we first met and various other things and thought I was crazy, until I reached into my pocket and got down on one knee, when she immediately started crying. I might have got a little teary eyed as well ;)2 it was a very enthusiastic and immediate yes. I thought she knew but she said she had absolutely no idea, and my winter jacket hid the box well. The box might I add, was a backup box I ordered just three days prior because the handmade engraved one I ordered still hasn't arrived in the country Now she knows why I was trying to convince her to paint her nails the night before but I didn't want to be too obvious so when she refused I didn't push it. Needless to say she now understands why I didn't want her to be wearing black chipped nail polish :lol:

What a lovely story !!!! And the ring is gorgeous ! Congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results