carat
color
clarity

Need advice on this OEC

Itzedward

Rough_Rock
https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/r4qf5a-1.492-f-si1-old-european-cut

Hello All,
I am new to OEC diamond. Is this diamond worth buying? What are the specification to aim for for an OEC? I am worried about the Large cutlet. Will it affect the diamond negatively? Also, I saw that the date on AGS certification is from 2014. Is there a reason why this diamond was not sold?

Thank you in advance for your time and response.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does your GF want a old OEC or a newly cut one? What is her color preference? Victor Canera OECs are newly cut to great optics and they carry a price premium because of that - its worth it to some people and not to others. I would not worry about the date on the report. Many people upgrade their diamonds and it is likely that it was bought, worn for a few years, and upgraded for something else. If you are concerned you could ask about the report and/or ask for a new one. Culet size is a matter of preference. I’ve owned stones with medium and slightly large culets and liked both.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The culet, which isn't large for a european cut diamond, is part of the charm of an OEC. These are recently cut antique style diamonds, not actual old european cuts. These modern ones are cut to maximize optics, like @kgizo said.

So no the culet is not a negative. However, if you like only modern round brilliants, then a culet is a negative.

I personally love old european cuts and would buy a Canera Antique Round if I could. Not sure if this helps you.

And you know that you get a discount on the setting if you order it from Victor as well, right? His settings are to die for. Hand forged (no casting) from platinum and the work is extremely fine, prongs super delicate and all around amazing. Check out his thread, or maybe you already have.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-victor-canera-beauties-here.175281/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results