clarity

Need Help with ASET

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help me evaluate this princess diamond IMG_1019.JPG IMG_1025.PNG

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASETscope image looks pretty good to me.

A tiny bit leaky in the corner of the table (see the white bits) but decent light return across the stone (red and green) and nice, symmetrical contrast patterning from obstruction by the camera/viewers' head (blue).

Do you have a link to the listing and a video? (Only post if it is on Hold, just in case someone else snaps it up while you are looking.)

Look at the Whiteflash website for very well cut Princess stones, and you can compare the ASET images to see how yours fares.

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
ASETscope image looks pretty good to me.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/2.06-carat-e-color-vs2-clarity-sku-6308973
A tiny bit leaky in the corner of the table (see the white bits) but decent light return across the stone (red and green) and nice, symmetrical contrast patterning from obstruction by the camera/viewers' head (blue).

Do you have a link to the listing and a video? (Only post if it is on Hold, just in case someone else snaps it up while you are looking.)

Look at the Whiteflash website for very well cut Princess stones, and you can compare the ASET images to see how yours fares.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
Personally speaking, I think it looks attractive and is pretty good as far as Princesses go, but the areas showing leakage in the ASETscope image seem to show as a little 'quiet' in the video.

These are comparable stones from WF - you can compare the ASET images to see the differences:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=3971435,4051641,3971443
I reviewed the WF ASET images and compared them to the one above and I think they are very comparable to me but I am not an expert. What do you mean by leakage shows a little quite in the video? Do you mean you can’t see it in the video. Is that good or bad. Should I keep this diamond as one of my top picks? I haven’t got to see this diamond in person yet as I am still waiting for it to arrive.

I have looked at some other top performer princess ASET images online and it seems that almost all princess cut have some type of leakage. Is this true in your opinion?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert, but I think you are right that the majority of diamonds have some leakage.

I think the 'quiet' parts (with perhaps less sparkle) look different to the whiteflash videos because of the 'flat' lighting. I don't think anything is majorly wrong and they are both probably very similar in real life - as mentioned, I think it is an attractive stone and definitely a Princess on the good end of the spectrum.

When you see the stone in person, review it in a range of lights (including 'flat' cloudy daylight) in order to understand how it performs away from the 'magic lights' of the jewellery store (that make everything look good).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results