shape
carat
color
clarity

More cheap thrills- TransGems on Amazon

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Not a super long review but just recommending this seller on Amazon. I was looking for an inexpensive, smaller (1 carat), simple solitaire to wear on days when I feel less might be more.
I was going to place another Tianyu order, but being so close to Christmas I felt guilty spending a few hundred on myself. I found TransGems on Amazon- reviews were good and it was shipped through Prime so if something went wrong, a return would be painless. For $70 after a coupon code, I ordered a 1 carat H-I color moissanite in platinum plated silver.
For the price, my initial impression is super favorable. I really like the style of the solitaire, I don’t detect much color, and certainly no green in the moissanite. Seriously, if the setting wears down, I feel like I could reset the stone and still feel good about what I paid.
Here’s a link to the exact ring I purchased in case anyone wants to check them out:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CNRKJ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Q.FcCb5E25YZB

3661C253-C169-4156-9545-A344B5B9CC65.jpeg 96585B0F-CB3A-4D7A-9296-678D6D4E68EA.jpeg 8A0EA6C2-3BC4-446B-B17C-03339ACA21C3.jpeg

Attachments

• AF2B5469-C585-4775-876F-AB6F7CE0E15D.jpeg
    AF2B5469-C585-4775-876F-AB6F7CE0E15D.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I have seen Transgems listings on AliExpress but never pulled the trigger... amazon is so much easier to buy from, May end up with some moissy studs sooner rather than later

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I ordered 5mm light blue studs for my daughter from TransGems on Amazon, they're really cute. I liked them so much, I went back and ordered some 6.5mm light blue studs for myself but had to return them because the color was inconsistent. One was lighter than the other and the blue wasn't uniform throughout the stone. The description said the stones weren't dyed but I wonder if that is true or not.

I tied again with the 3.5mm hoop earrings. They were really nice and well made but I couldn't stand the splintery cut of the stones so I returned them. I found TransGems store on Aliexpress and when I scrolled all the way down, StarGems had a recommended product for me (5mm stud earrings) that's how I found them. So happy I did!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I have seen Transgems listings on AliExpress but never pulled the trigger... amazon is so much easier to buy from, May end up with some moissy studs sooner rather than later
After I posted this I felt a little silly because I’m pretty sure they’re more well known than I realized. Still, I was thrilled to find their rings on amazon because of the free fast shipping, and super easy returns. I’ve ordered from Alibaba.com , but I think most people trust Amazon far more.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that setting!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Well, since they're on Amazon, I decided to purchase 2 rings to see. I also purchased a pair of earrings as gifts. And sincd I'm a Prime member and they're going shipping crazy for the holidays, it said they'll be here by Sunday

It's strange that the Dov Eggs Alibaba store has stuff that isn't on Trans Gems, same as Amazon.:confused: I ordered some hoop earrings but they were super rainbow-y and the splintery cut really bothered me. My daughter LOVES her 5mm blue moissanite earrings though. They look so much like the Lightbox blue lab diamond earrings! Please post some pics on this thread when you receive them.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
It's strange that the Dov Eggs Alibaba store has stuff that isn't on Trans Gems, same as Amazon.:confused: I ordered some hoop earrings but they were super rainbow-y and the splintery cut really bothered me. My daughter LOVES her 5mm blue moissanite earrings though. They look so much like the Lightbox blue lab diamond earrings! Please post some pics on this thread when you receive them.

When i was going through their listings on Amazon (and yea there are more listed on Dov Eggs than Trans Gem), they have the description as Excellent cut and then there are the Heart Arrows excellent cut. That might be the differences slightly in how splintery it looks. The earrings I got mentioned them being Heart Arrows Excellent cut so I'll wait to see how they come out looking.

I just checked Amazon and it said they'll be here tomorrow. DDaanngg. I ordered it last night O_O

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
When i was going through their listings on Amazon (and yea there are more listed on Dov Eggs than Trans Gem), they have the description as Excellent cut and then there are the Heart Arrows excellent cut. That might be the differences slightly in how splintery it looks. The earrings I got mentioned them being Heart Arrows Excellent cut so I'll wait to see how they come out looking.

I just checked Amazon and it said they'll be here tomorrow. DDaanngg. I ordered it last night O_O

That's what I love about Amazon. One time I ordered something at 8PM on a Saturday and some dude delivered it to my house by 3pm Sunday the next day! I think I live close to one of their distribution centers because I hardly have to wait for anything. I have read and looked at so many of the reviews on Amazon, people seem to really love TransGems/DovEggs. I was tempted to buy the 8mm solitaire in 10k gold but discovered Stargems.

I can't wait to see what your earrings look like. Don't forget to come back here and post. This will end up being the Transgems/DovEggs thread, lol.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
That's what I love about Amazon. One time I ordered something at 8PM on a Saturday and some dude delivered it to my house by 3pm Sunday the next day! I think I live close to one of their distribution centers because I hardly have to wait for anything. I have read and looked at so many of the reviews on Amazon, people seem to really love TransGems/DovEggs. I was tempted to buy the 8mm solitaire in 10k gold but discovered Stargems.

I can't wait to see what your earrings look like. Don't forget to come back here and post. This will end up being the Transgems/DovEggs thread, lol.

I got the rings and earrings yesterday. I haven't gotten a chance to take a lot of pics because I've been running around doing last minute holiday shopping so I'll get on it when i can.

I purchased this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BXBL759
I didn't have high expectation for moissanite's Chinese radiant cut. So the cut wasn't bad. You could definitely see the warm. it's still a nice ring. I would keep it, EXCEPT the head is crooked. I could see that straight away. it's slightly crooked compared to the band. So I'll return for that reason.

The other thing I got was this band:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D37YBT1
I dropped this thing hard like 2 times. Everything is still intact. LOVE it. My only concern is that it sits kind of high so you'll either need a space, or just wear it by itself. Unless your e-ring is also sitting high. I wish there were like 2 more stones (1 on each side), because it doesn't cover my entire ringer (if you're a US size 7.5). But overall, fairly happy with the band.

Then the earrings with their H&A cut:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6KDCV6
I didn't get a chance to look at this too much, because I had to run. But the cut looks good to me. The arrows aren't too thick, but it seems to work well with the size of the culet. I couldn't find the 10k stamp for the post, so I'll have to go find that again before I wrap it up as a present.

Overall, for the price you pay they aren't bad at all. I'd rather buy these than Amazon's CZ rings. You just have to becareful not to get the crooked head one.

PICS to follow tomorrow:D

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried the band on with any of your SG rings? I'm wondering if there is a big color difference with the EF stones in the band of your ACC ring and the TransGem band?

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried the band on with any of your SG rings? I'm wondering if there is a big color difference with the EF stones in the band of your ACC ring and the TransGem band?

I haven't been able to find my ACC ring so I haven't been able to compare the colors:(

Well, here are more pics and videos.
I love the band and the earrings. The earrings were a Christmas gift and she loves it:D The H&A cut to me, from what I could make out, looks pretty decent. It was really hard to capture the earrings because they were freaking sparkly in my house. The band is gorgeous. I wore it out today and for the most part it's sparkly. When you are in the super market or some where with spot lighting that's when it goes super rainbow sparkly. It looks colorless to me. The radiant cut for sure is near colorless. it doesn't quite match the melee of the band. it's still nice and sparkly, but the head is slightly crooked so I'll be returning it.

earrings_01.jpg earrings_02.jpg earrings_03.jpg band_01.jpg band_02.jpg band_03.jpg band_04.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181227_122919.jpg
    IMG_20181227_122919.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20181227_122954.jpg
    IMG_20181227_122954.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20181227_123037.jpg
    IMG_20181227_123037.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 66

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
You can't find your ACC ring? Oh no! Did you take it off to wash your hands and forgot it? So sorry. I hope it shows up soon.

The earrings and band look great quality! Amazon makes shopping so easy with prime and free returns. I'll have to go have a second look at both stores. Thanks for posting the pics and videos.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
You can't find your ACC ring? Oh no! Did you take it off to wash your hands and forgot it? So sorry. I hope it shows up soon.

The earrings and band look great quality! Amazon makes shopping so easy with prime and free returns. I'll have to go have a second look at both stores. Thanks for posting the pics and videos.

I took the ACC and a round ring to work. I didn't put the ACC ring away correctly and I have no idea where it's at:( I'm ordering a new one from SG. It totally sucks because I love that ring. Plus, not to mentioned the money I just spent on it.

I definitely didn't know they had an Amazon store til I found the link from their IG. Made it ssooo much easier. I wish more oversea companies do it this way.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lucky_Rabbit, I bet that ring will turn up when you lease expect it! I lost a diamond ring for a month and found it in a ring box outside on my deck, so you never know!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Lucky_Rabbit I just ordered the same band you did but the one with 7 and not 6 stones. I also have a size 7.5 finger. I want to use it with a ring I will have done by SG it should sit quite high.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are SUPER tempting. I have been plotting/planning and researching moissy studs, really want at least 1 ct DEW per ear, I would prefer 1.25 or a little more, because why not? but I also am looking for a bargain (or want to do custom from China or India w/ a 6 prong setting.) The easiness of it being on Amazon is making me want to pull the trigger though! Thank you for sharing!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
@Lucky_Rabbit, I bet that ring will turn up when you lease expect it! I lost a diamond ring for a month and found it in a ring box outside on my deck, so you never know!

Fingers crossed it'd show up eventually. Out of all my projects, it was probably my favorite.

@Lucky_Rabbit I just ordered the same band you did but the one with 7 and not 6 stones. I also have a size 7.5 finger. I want to use it with a ring I will have done by SG it should sit quite high.

Ooohh, I didn't know they had a 7 stones one. I didn't want the stones to be too big. 3mm seems to be a good size that I got. With 7 stones, you'll get a good finger coverage for sure:D Take lots of pics once you get it:D

Those earrings are SUPER tempting. I have been plotting/planning and researching moissy studs, really want at least 1 ct DEW per ear, I would prefer 1.25 or a little more, because why not? but I also am looking for a bargain (or want to do custom from China or India w/ a 6 prong setting.) The easiness of it being on Amazon is making me want to pull the trigger though! Thank you for sharing!

I think you might like these earrings then. The stones are 1ct each (from what I remember), but the other halo part that can be taken off really make them seems bigger. It were so sparkly I had to tell them to simmer down so I could take the pictures:lol:

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed it'd show up eventually. Out of all my projects, it was probably my favorite.

Ooohh, I didn't know they had a 7 stones one. I didn't want the stones to be too big. 3mm seems to be a good size that I got. With 7 stones, you'll get a good finger coverage for sure:D Take lots of pics once you get it:D

I think you might like these earrings then. The stones are 1ct each (from what I remember), but the other halo part that can be taken off really make them seems bigger. It were so sparkly I had to tell them to simmer down so I could take the pictures:lol:

I just checked the listing- I really want 14k gold settings- I will probably end up doing custom from one of the China sellers.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I just checked the listing- I really want 14k gold settings- I will probably end up doing custom from one of the China sellers.

Aw gotcha:D Can't wait to see them, whichever seller you decide to go with.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
C3D77AC0-68D0-4DE2-994C-5BC1D6888028.jpeg 7B86811B-A11C-42C8-AB8E-BB02EFE3FB0A.jpeg 6B91DAD8-5466-4A80-9764-7213137389CE.jpeg 8E8D55F1-63F8-4E36-87B9-F2BADA4050D4.jpeg DD21F58F-D386-4B0B-86E7-74FDD8549D14.jpeg

My 7 stone arrived and I am very pleased with it it is nice and sparkly my poor diamond suffers by comparison excuse the puffy fingers it is hot here in Australia and I have had too many good meals and drinks over the Christmas period

Attachments

• 4A9D617C-1F05-4642-BB49-F19A1BD0B150.jpeg
    4A9D617C-1F05-4642-BB49-F19A1BD0B150.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 37

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
C3D77AC0-68D0-4DE2-994C-5BC1D6888028.jpeg 7B86811B-A11C-42C8-AB8E-BB02EFE3FB0A.jpeg 6B91DAD8-5466-4A80-9764-7213137389CE.jpeg 8E8D55F1-63F8-4E36-87B9-F2BADA4050D4.jpeg DD21F58F-D386-4B0B-86E7-74FDD8549D14.jpeg

My 7 stone arrived and I am very pleased with it it is nice and sparkly my poor diamond suffers by comparison excuse the puffy fingers it is hot here in Australia and I have had too many good meals and drinks over the Christmas period

I've been wondering about the 7 stone. What color would you say the stones are GH? HI?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover they look very white to me I don’t think HI my poor diamond looks ordinary next to them and it is a G colour it is very dirty however.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been able to find my caliper so I can't say how many mm high it sits. If I find it, I'll let you know .

Woot! It looks great and really glad you like yours as well :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results