shape
carat
color
clarity

Medium yellow fluorescence

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm perusing diamond pairs for studs and I found a pair of J color SI1 with medium fluro, one medium blue and one medium yellow. (Kinda cool?)

Would this influence the J color in any way?

Really just looking, but was curious... thanks.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was told that yellow fluorescence will make the diamond appear more yellow.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What ceg said.

Though if you are setting in yellow or rose gold, maybe that will be a moot point?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello whitewave,
I agree with you on the fact that it can be cool! I too enjoy the phenomenon of their added luster in general, but I need to ask if you had a chance to physically visualize the Diamonds? That's an important factor in yellow UV. And what is more perfect than the chance to compare with a non yellow UV pair.

Yellow UV can in some instances be a symptom of cloudiness, that's the main reason I would suggest comparing physically. On the other hand most chances will be that it's a non-issue IF GIA called the UV intensity correctly. I believe fluorescence grading is still incredible subjective and that's why I strongly suggest a visual inspection in numerous lighting environments outside of the Lab.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies. I'm not in need of new studs (just bought some in December), but you know how we are-- always searching.

I had been thought WF, HPD, BG and then went to BN. I usually search VS2 but decided to search SI1 this time.

Here it is in case anyone wants to see it: https://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-earrings/diamond-details/LD08566640-LD08723965 (cut/paste)
Its inclusions are crystal, cloud, feather 3.4 HCA

Anyway... wanted to learn more about yellow fluro

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few yellow florescent diamond melee in jewelry and I don't notice they appear any more yellow than the surrounding blue florescent or non-florescent diamonds. Largest size though are about 12 pointers.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a few yellow florescent diamond melee in jewelry and I don't notice they appear any more yellow than the surrounding blue florescent or non-florescent diamonds. Largest size though are about 12 pointers.

Ooh please post that yellow flour. Under blacklight when you get a chance ..

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
I have vintage ring with small single cuts (prob <10pts) - some are blue fluro and i think one looks either yellow or pink! Will take a photo later tonight.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have vintage ring with small single cuts (prob <10pts) - some are blue fluro and i think one looks either yellow or pink! Will take a photo later tonight.

yay!:geek:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Keep in mind med yellow is going to make resale extremely difficult.
Many people will not touch them.
Not a huge fan of the angle combination but depending on what is in the averages it might not be that bad.
An IS/ASET would help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results