shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions/reassurance on diamond

Hello all,
I just found this site not too long ago. It was unfortunately after we’d already bought a new diamond and setting from WF. And after reading a few posts on here it is clear that you all have a lot of knowledge and personal opinions on what angles/dimensions you like and why.
I ended up choosing this ES
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3916959.htm
I was going between a few other ACA’s but ultimately decided on this one. I also didn’t even realize that I could have asked them to pull a few of these for comparison.:wall:
We did a custom made ring which is done and is hiding in our house somewhere. This is a 15th Anniversary “upgrade” and based on the pictures my husband let me see I think it is a beautiful ring! I’m also going from a .50 carat IGI “F” color SI1 with a good cut. So I don’t think there’s any way in the world that I’d possibly be disappointed with this new ring. But after now reading some of these posts I guess I would just like to hear “the Diamond was a good choice” from people with actual knowledge! And if not, I can still trade it in for a different diamond. TIA!

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice for an ES diamond. That is one of the better ES diamonds for sure. Diamond performs well in the video so I'm most certain you will be extremely pleased. Huge upgrade from the IGI stone.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a WF ES stone. Yeah you made a good choice :P2 please post handshots for us to admire and coo over when you get it =)2

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
56.1 table, 61.7 depth, 34.4 crown, 40.8 pavilion & 77 LGF :love: :love:

Your husband did well. The proportions are rather awesome! Not to mention that at 1.488 you found a unicorn as the stone is just under the 1.5 carat magic weight price premium, so a great bang for the buck.

There are some minor imperfections in the ASET and the hearts image, but that was to be expected as the ES is a "near ACA miss" that comes with all the great perks of an ACA and a price discount. Looking at the video, I think it's rather apparent those minor things have zero impact on the performance and beauty of this stone.

Job well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
Great choice for an ES diamond. That is one of the better ES diamonds for sure. Diamond performs well in the video so I'm most certain you will be extremely pleased. Huge upgrade from the IGI stone.
Thank you!! I really only planned on “upgrading” once so I really wanted it to count!

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
It’s a WF ES stone. Yeah you made a good choice :P2 please post handshots for us to admire and coo over when you get it =)2
Will do! But he’s making me wait till Xmas

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
56.1 table, 61.7 depth, 34.4 crown, 40.8 pavilion & 77 LGF :love: :love:

Your husband did well. The proportions are rather awesome! Not to mention that at 1.488 you found a unicorn as the stone is just under the 1.5 carat magic weight price premium, so a great bang for the buck.

There are some minor imperfections in the ASET and the hearts image, but that was to be expected as the ES is a "near ACA miss" that comes with all the great perks of an ACA and a price discount. Looking at the video, I think it's rather apparent those minor things have zero impact on the performance and beauty of this stone.

Job well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:
This is what I was looking for!!:)
I definitely saw the imperfections and wished I’d known to ask if that’s the only reason it missed ACA. But like I said, going from my old diamond to this, can only be good things! Thank you all so much for your assurance! Since I’m still WF staking, I’ve also noticed there aren’t any other diamonds with similar specs for the price we paid. I feel like we just got it in time!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond was a good choice! You were lucky to purchase from WF where the selection of stones are all at a pretty high level.
Post pics when you get to wear it!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do! But he’s making me wait till Xmas
But that’s like DAYS away :lol-2: bet you are going to be like a little kid again come Christmas Eve! It’s a lovely stone and will be a fantastic upgrade. Congratulations on your 15 year milestone - that’s a great achievement

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is fabulous! The images look great. I would have zero problem buying a diamond with this cut. It is still a top cut stone. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas to you!!!:appl:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I was looking for!!:)
I definitely saw the imperfections and wished I’d known to ask if that’s the only reason it missed ACA. But like I said, going from my old diamond to this, can only be good things! Thank you all so much for your assurance! Since I’m still WF staking, I’ve also noticed there aren’t any other diamonds with similar specs for the price we paid. I feel like we just got it in time!

Glad I could help! :cool2:

The jump from an IGI good cut to the AGS ideal cut your ES stone has will be like night & day. FWIW, many people specifically search out that 34.5/40.8 crown-pavilion angle combo you have with this stone. Plus the smaller 56 table and 77 LGF's all translate to "sparkle bomb".

I'm so excited for you. And really glad that you guys found WF on your own. Not only do they have killer stones, but they are just good people to boot that truly cares about their customers. You truly landed in great hands IMO.

Are we correct to assume the avatar pic is the glamour shot of the ring that WF sent you?

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
But that’s like DAYS away :lol-2: bet you are going to be like a little kid again come Christmas Eve! It’s a lovely stone and will be a fantastic upgrade. Congratulations on your 15 year milestone - that’s a great achievement
Exactly!! I haven’t been this excited/obsessed in a long time! I keep coming on here now to check out everyone’s bling, pictures of J’s, hand sizes..it’s getting pretty ridiculous!:bigsmile:

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
The diamond is fabulous! The images look great. I would have zero problem buying a diamond with this cut. It is still a top cut stone. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas to you!!!:appl:

Thank you so much!!

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
Glad I could help! :cool2:

The jump from an IGI good cut to the AGS ideal cut your ES stone has will be like night & day. FWIW, many people specifically search out that 34.5/40.8 crown-pavilion angle combo you have with this stone. Plus the smaller 56 table and 77 LGF's all translate to "sparkle bomb".

I'm so excited for you. And really glad that you guys found WF on your own. Not only do they have killer stones, but they are just good people to boot that truly cares about their customers. You truly landed in great hands IMO.

Are we correct to assume the avatar pic is the glamour shot of the ring that WF sent you?

Hearing that is really exciting! We’ve been nothing but happy with WF so far. I had been doing some research awhile back and found your diamond teacher and some other sites that talked about WF anc BG but never here:/ But better late than never.
And yes my avatar is a pic of my ring. I’m truly acting like a kid waiting on Xmas!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you wait??!! :appl:
You are going to have such a wonderful Christmas.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Great stone.... I can’t wait til you share pics with us!!!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful choice, looking forward to your hand shots

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet story - the anticipation of Christmas this year must be as fun as it was when you were seven - ha! Your ring will be beautiful - no worries. Please come back with lots of pictures for us. And yes, PS can be addictive but it is also fun - welcome!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. 12:01 or 23:59 on Christmas? Depending on both your sense of humor, your H could squeeze out a little more torture. o_O:mrgreen2:

Me and my fiancee tease and joke each other all the time. As such I'd be tempted to go really early or really late as she wouldn't expect either.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyyy !!! Such a great stone choice and a sweet story. I can't wait to see your pics on Xmas!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a nice stone ! :love: nothing to worry about. ;))

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
Hmmm. 12:01 or 23:59 on Christmas? Depending on both your sense of humor, your H could squeeze out a little more torture. o_O:mrgreen2:

Me and my fiancee tease and joke each other all the time. As such I'd be tempted to go really early or really late as she wouldn't expect either.
That’s horrible!!:lol-2: He actually had something else planned that involved a 1.5 carat cz from Amazon but I saw it on past orders(I was looking for something else) and busted him out! I’m so pathetic though that I actually wear it sometimes just so I can get a better idea of how much bigger my real ring will look.:roll

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
Yayyyyy !!! Such a great stone choice and a sweet story. I can't wait to see your pics on Xmas!
I can’t wait to see them either...this is torture!:0

Kgrl12

Rough_Rock
Such a sweet story - the anticipation of Christmas this year must be as fun as it was when you were seven - ha! Your ring will be beautiful - no worries. Please come back with lots of pictures for us. And yes, PS can be addictive but it is also fun - welcome!!
Thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results