shape
carat
color
clarity

Kristall: Diamonds from Russia

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Came across a Japanese Wedding Band company marketing they have a line of diamonds sourced from Kristall, a Russian company, crafting their stones which are only mined in Russian. The roughs they used are claimed to be in the "best" crystallisation structure of Octahedron, which is stronger in structure as well as easier for light to go through it.

Is there any truth on the above statement, or it is just marketing? The said company is a very well respected one and honestly is selling high quality diamonds. However, currently in an age where we can have access to more than enough information extremely easily, it's important to know how we should interpret something we are not expert on.

Appreciate any thoughts~

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Serg is based in Russia (I think?) so might be able to advise!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The strategy behind this seems to be: Buy my rough diamonds, which I cut for you, because of the quality of the rough diamond.

The claims about the quality of rough creating an impressive result in the polished are not very strong, is the least one can say.

Live long,

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
just ignore such statements .

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IIa diamonds( D color, pure carbon without nitrogen defects ) usually have not octahedron shape.
Brown diamonds could have octahedron shape .

there is not direct correlation between shape and color

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys!
On one hand, it's very pleasing to keep learning here in PS, on the other hand, it seems the more I learnt here, the more is the frustration & disappointment on the way, the marketing and the knowledge being presented by the businesses in Asia, where I am living (though not all vendors ofcox, but generally)
When would the change come?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, guys!
On one hand, it's very pleasing to keep learning here in PS, on the other hand, it seems the more I learnt here, the more is the frustration & disappointment on the way, the marketing and the knowledge being presented by the businesses in Asia, where I am living (though not all vendors ofcox, but generally)
When would the change come?
Probably once consumers make them change by not buying into their marketing and not buying their products. There’s no incentive to change otherwise.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The majority of people don't do research, though, and many people buy into the marketing. They do it because it often works.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

... adds blur into nothing almost all of the time, then, when one does read any of them, this is what you get .(

Diamonds work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results