shape
carat
color
clarity

Is SI2 ok for a 0.5 carat pendant?

TheGoodHusband

Rough_Rock
89CD47D8-77F2-4902-A74B-6F4555BD73E7.jpeg Hello!

This is my first post and I just wanted to start off by saying thank you so much for all the help the past two years. It was 2 years ago this month that I began researching about diamonds (for my soon to be fiance’s engagement ring) and I came across this website. From her engagement ring, to her wedding band, to her tennis bracelet I gave her on our wedding day, this site has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. Now, it’s our one year aniversary and I wanted to get her a 0.5 carat solitaire pendant. My budget is not high, but I’ve spent the past two weeks researching as much as I can. I found a diamond that is far from perfect, but it’s in my budget and was hoping for some input and opinions. I went ahead and put it on hold just in case!

The diamond is:
0.5 carat round brilliant (GIA)
H Color (it’ll be in a yellow gold setting)
SI2 Clarity (Crystal, Feather)
3X Cut Polish Symmetry
No fluorescence
57% Table
61.4% Depth
34.5 Crown Angle
40.6 Pavillion Angle
HCA score of 0.8

I can definitely see the inclusions (I’ll attach a picture of the diamond) but with it being 0.5 carat and cut well, how well will I see them in person? I’m hoping with a HCA score of 0.8 that it’ll sparkle so much that I won’t notice. What are your thoughts? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to throw out my opinion here (and you can take it for what it's worth:cheeky:), my guess is that it will be eye-clean. I have a .46 SI1 with back carbon
as the grade making inclusion (under the table no less). There is no way that I can see a thing in it. I think basically due to its size, sparkle and maybe
my eyesight it is eye-clean. That being said every stone needs to be evaluated on its own merits.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there are even some eye clean I1/I2s! OP, the stone that you are considering is a pretty one and I wouldn’t be worried about the clarity grade. I had 2 larger SI2 e-ring diamonds and they were even eye clean.

TheGoodHusband

Rough_Rock
Thank y’all for the input! I was thinking the same. I’m hoping the inclusions won’t be noticeable at that size. The diamond seems to be cut really well so I hated to not get it because of the clarity issue!

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I got a .50 SI 2 stone last month to use as a bezel slider pendant. I too was worried I would see the inclusions, as I could definitely see them in the photo and video. It was a GIA dossier certificate so had no plot diagram. It listed feather under the inclusions. I can in no way see them in real life. I even stacked two pair of +2.75 reading glasses on my face and still couldn’t see the inclusions. I’m glad I saved some money and didn’t go with a higher clarity for this size stone. I attached a picture of my stone below.

349AABF4-A2A1-4710-B0BA-7AECB77E8806.jpeg

Attachments

• A710E855-E0AD-4933-9FE0-20716C04C7C9.jpeg
    A710E855-E0AD-4933-9FE0-20716C04C7C9.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 76

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a .50 SI 2 stone last month to use as a bezel slider pendant. I too was worried I would see the inclusions, as I could definitely see them in the photo and video. It was a GIA dossier certificate so had no plot diagram. It listed feather under the inclusions. I can in no way see them in real life. I even stacked two pair of +2.75 reading glasses on my face and still couldn’t see the inclusions. I’m glad I saved some money and didn’t go with a higher clarity for this size stone. I attached a picture of my stone below.

349AABF4-A2A1-4710-B0BA-7AECB77E8806.jpeg
That's an incredible SI2 :o

TheGoodHusband

Rough_Rock
No joke! That is a great SI2! The stone I’m looking to purchase definitely isn’t that good but I’m hoping I’ll still be ok with it being small!

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
No joke! That is a great SI2! The stone I’m looking to purchase definitely isn’t that good but I’m hoping I’ll still be ok with it being small!

The photo is deceiving. At the 2:30 mark there’s a good size feather that was VERY VERY visible in the video as it was spinning around, however, they removed the video after I purchased the stone and there was no way for me to download the video to save. I can’t see that feather in real life though. I bet you won’t see any of the inclusions in your stone in real life! I was also pleasantly surprised how large a .50 looks. It’s a good size for a pendant.

TheGoodHusband

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the help! I just got the stone in and it is perfect! My wife loves it! We are taking it tomorrow to have it set for the necklace! (Please disregard my ugly hand that is modeling this beautiful diamond)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! I bet your wife is excited! Please come back and post pics for us after the stone is set in the pendant.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the help! I just got the stone in and it is perfect! My wife loves it! We are taking it tomorrow to have it set for the necklace! (Please disregard my ugly hand that is modeling this beautiful diamond)

It’s beautiful!!! She’s one lucky girl to have a husband pick out a diamond for her! Great job!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you are pleased with it! Its got a lot of sparkle going on in your video...beautiful!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@TheGoodHusband What is your wedding band? On my side of the screen, I see a favorite bluish gray that does not happen in many things.

TheGoodHusband

Rough_Rock
@TheGoodHusband What is your wedding band? On my side of the screen, I see a favorite bluish gray that does not happen in many things.
It’s a silicon one I got off of Amazon haha my real ring is a gold one given to me from my grandfather who passed away right before the wedding. I don’t wear it often unless I’m dressed up!

Reactions: AV_

TheGoodHusband

Rough_Rock
AB4C53F9-2EDB-4871-9DEF-5C112315BDD9.jpeg 60F6C404-A49C-4FD8-9A4A-751355B58745.jpeg
My wife was so excited when she got it back from the jeweler that she had a photo shoot with it all over the house... She’s goofy but I love her! Here are a few of the pictures from the “shoot” haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
AB4C53F9-2EDB-4871-9DEF-5C112315BDD9.jpeg 60F6C404-A49C-4FD8-9A4A-751355B58745.jpeg
My wife was so excited when she got it back from the jeweler that she had a photo shoot with it all over the house... She’s goofy but I love her! Here are a few of the pictures from the “shoot” haha
It’s gorgeous! Great photo! :P2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Well done, of course.

___

Regarding the band - the nephrite I have in mind does look like a gel even up close, except for the reflective plish; I should get it out of my mind one way or another!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results