shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ v. Other Jewelers

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Hi pricescopers!

I need your help/advice. :) I've posted about wanting to get an eternity band of .25-.30 stones made. I had recommendations for going with IDJ and for what I'm looking for if I get .25 stones I'm probably in the $5k range and for .30 stones More in the $7k range.

I've also had some recommendations for other jewelers such as Victor Canera whose quote is more like $10k for the .25, and a few other jewelers in LA & jewelry district I contacted were $10k range too. That is basically out of my budget and I wouldn't be able to get it that soon.

I think the work and the eternity bands from IDJ looked really nice but would I be sacrificing any quality going with this choice over other jewelers? The quotes are based on the same specs and I want to make sure if I go with IDJ that I'm Still getting an amazing piece! I'm really only able to get this done once (lol) for now so I want to make the right choice.

Thanks for your help!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my 7ctw tennis bracelet there and my niece got 2 large eternity bands: one all diamond and the other alternating sapphires. Gorgeous!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi pricescopers!

I need your help/advice. :) I've posted about wanting to get an eternity band of .25-.30 stones made. I had recommendations for going with IDJ and for what I'm looking for if I get .25 stones I'm probably in the $5k range and for .30 stones More in the $7k range.

I've also had some recommendations for other jewelers such as Victor Canera whose quote is more like $10k for the .25, and a few other jewelers in LA & jewelry district I contacted were $10k range too. That is basically out of my budget and I wouldn't be able to get it that soon.

I think the work and the eternity bands from IDJ looked really nice but would I be sacrificing any quality going with this choice over other jewelers? The quotes are based on the same specs and I want to make sure if I go with IDJ that I'm Still getting an amazing piece! I'm really only able to get this done once (lol) for now so I want to make the right choice.

Thanks for your help!!
If you look at my threads you can see quite a few pieces I had made by them beautifully. PS recommended vendors do excellent work. Sometimes it comes down to clicking with the rep such that you feel that they understand what you want and you like their style of service.

I would also recommend getting a couple more quotes and speaking to a few more vendors so that you feel comfortable with your final decision. In no particular order, try reaching out to Whiteflash, David Klass, BGD and/or Brilliantly engaged off the top of my head.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
If you look at my threads you can see quite a few pieces I had made by them beautifully. PS recommended vendors do excellent work. Sometimes it comes down to clicking with the rep such that you feel that they understand what you want and you like their style of service.

I would also recommend getting a couple more quotes and speaking to a few more vendors so that you feel comfortable with your final decision. In no particular order, try reaching out to Whiteflash, David Klass, BGD and/or Brilliantly engaged off the top of my head.

Yes I thought all their work seemed really nice and I'm grateful to find that in my budget range for sure! I will check with some ot the vendors you suggested. Thank you!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I got my 7ctw tennis bracelet there and my niece got 2 large eternity bands: one all diamond and the other alternating sapphires. Gorgeous!

Ok thank you! Great to know! I think their work looked very good

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJ seems great if budget and not top quality stones are your concerns. For top quality stones WF or Brian Gavin will be better but the trade off is price. Can you see the difference in quality? Maybe or maybe not.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
IDJ seems great if budget and not top quality stones are your concerns. For top quality stones WF or Brian Gavin will be better but the trade off is price. Can you see the difference in quality? Maybe or maybe not.

So you think it won't be that high quality stones? I mean I don't think they need to be highest quality to have a great bling band. But I do have standards of expecting very well cut stones for maximum sparkle and eye clean for sure

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything you get from ID Jewelry will be visibly better than the stuff you see in your typical mall jewelry stores. And that'd be for their "off the shelf" stuff. You can upgrade to "pricescope quality stones" for a little extra.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not saying they won’t be good stones, I’m saying some people want top quality, some people are ok with a little less. Some people can see a difference, some can not.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By asking IDJ for "Pricescope quality" diamonds you'll get very nice diamonds that sparkle and shine more than the average diamond you'll see out there; they just won't be the "ideal" cut stones that people sometimes want and are willing to pay more for.

Search "IDJ" on here and you'll find plenty of examples. For a quick example, this is a bracelet they recently made for me:

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Anything you get from ID Jewelry will be visibly better than the stuff you see in your typical mall jewelry stores. And that'd be for their "off the shelf" stuff. You can upgrade to "pricescope quality stones" for a little extra.

Yes makes sense, that's what I would think and I do want to specify the quality level I'd be looking for and will say pricescope quality stones! :)

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I had a great experience with IDJ and would not hestitate working with them in the future.

Thank you. When I've spoken with them over the phone and seen their work on instagram, I've been pretty impressed in general I would say.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
By asking IDJ for "Pricescope quality" diamonds you'll get very nice diamonds that sparkle and shine more than the average diamond you'll see out there; they just won't be the "ideal" cut stones that people sometimes want and are willing to pay more for.

Right makes sense. Well to be honest anyway I can't really afford to do it with IDEAL in every way stones. I think that would run me more like 10k or more. I've had quotes up to $16k and I'm just not in the market to pay that price. So I'm happy with something amazing but doesn't have to be the highest possible quality it can be - in order for it to be really nice.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Denise was AMAZING to work with. I’m not always the easiest to please but she was so attentive. I actually referred someone to her before my project was even done. That’s how confident I was in their quality.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Denise was AMAZING to work with. I’m not always the easiest to please but she was so attentive. I actually referred someone to her before my project was even done. That’s how confident I was in their quality.

Nice. And she's at IDJ? I spoke w Yekutiel and he seemed very good and helpful!

Q

Queenie60

Another vote for IDJ - Yekutiel. If you're specific about what you're looking for, he can find it. Good luck with whomever you chose to purchase from.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for IDJ - Yekutiel. If you're specific about what you're looking for, he can find it. Good luck with whomever you chose to purchase from.

Thank you. I think this is the route I will choose and I will definitely be specific about how I want it all done and quality level!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an IDJ eternity band (about 1.5ct) and it is perfection. They do great work. Make sure to ask for PS-quality diamonds (they know what that means)

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t know your size but there is just such an IDJ ring for a steal on loupe troop.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don’t ask me to figure out the point weights though! I guess it could be higher than you want?

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a wonderful experience working with IDJ and they are very responsive.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m not saying they won’t be good stones, I’m saying some people want top quality, some people are ok with a little less. Some people can see a difference, some can not.

Some of us have a budget and IDJ will work with it.
FM

Karolinec1

Rough_Rock
Another vote for IDJ! I have a number of pieces from them over the years, and they are always fantastic to work with!!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I really like my eternity band that I purchased from IDJ. My husband says it’s the “most bling you’ve ever gotten for your buck”. I will say though that you need to be very clear about your expectations. One of the stones in my eternity has a noticeable diameter difference to it’s adjacent stones. Also, one of the stones has a large black carbon crystal on the table. I did ask for eye clean stones. If it bothers me, I just flip the band and go on about my day. But if that would bother you, you need to be very clear with them before they start building your ring.

Edited to add:
Most of the time though, I don’t notice either of these issues because the band is a big ball of sparkle.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I’ m working with Yekutial and he has been overly nice and patient. I believe I will be getting a ring that is more than I expected. I use him over and over. He works with your budget and a nicer man you will never meet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results