shape
carat
color
clarity

High Performance Diamonds Review - 0.84 ct

krkuskie

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I'm about 15 months late in writing this review but my wife and I were out and about last week and were admiring how great her engagement ring and wedding band look and it finally compelled me to do something I hate doing, which is posting to an internet forum. The fact that I'm writing this now speaks volumes to how impressed I am with a Crafted by Infinity diamond sold by High Performance Diamonds. So here's my testimonial, complete with photos.

I finally decided that I was going to pop the question but was lacking the most important part of that event, a ring. I tried educating myself on what to buy with some online resources and even picked out a few I thought I might be interested in on Union Diamond and James Allen. I sent links to these diamonds to a friend to get an opinion and basically learned that what I was looking at was not going to be a great purchase. He then turned me on to HPD and it was there that my diamond education really began! If you've never bought a diamond before, CBI and HPD help make this VERY nerve-racking event seemingly simple. I no longer had to worry about trying to balance a cut, carat, color, and clarity within my budget and didn't have to figure out which oft those to sacrifice for another!

I put in my price range and selected 3 diamonds that I felt good about and HPD had them shipped to a trusted jeweler near me so I could look at them in person and review the AGS reports. The local jeweler had extensive knowledge of CBI diamonds and really helped me learn what I was looking at and what I should be looking for.

I made my diamond selection and then got a call from Melissa Sharp. Melissa spent about 30-45 minutes on the phone with me learning exactly what it is that I (and by "I", I mean my fiance) was wanting for a ring. I sent her a few examples of bands that I knew my fiance liked and Melissa went to work. She was able to find the perfect engagement ring and setting for what we were asking and one that would really show off this brilliant CBI diamond. Oh, and the wedding band to match!

Needless to say, she was blown away and so am I. I often catch myself admiring the fire and sparkle of that diamond when we're out for dinner, drinks, or even just sitting on the couch at home. It's truly amazing how big that diamond looks and how much it sparkles even in low light situations!

As titled, it's not a big diamond, only 0.84 ct, but the CBI diamond coupled with the setting make it look enormous. People often speculate, "that's got to be at least a 2 ct diamond" (their diamond education is probably as good as mine was at the time I started looking!).

I cannot thank Melissa, Wink, and the entire CBI and HPD staff enough. The craftsmanship of a CBI diamond, with Melissa's ability to work magic with settings, and HPD's stellar customer service, are simply unmatched with ANY custom purchase I've ever made. I know I didn't buy one of their pricier diamonds or settings but they still made me, and continue to make me, feel extremely valued; Wink likes to check in from time-to-time to make sure we're still happy with our purchase and that everything is okay!

So if you're new to buying a diamond or looking for that perfect engagement ring, spend some time with HPD. They won't be for everyone, but if a Round Cut diamond is what you're looking for, and you really want to impress, you'll look no further.

Here are a few photos of our little MONSTER!
A.jpg
D.jpg
E.jpg
www.paigebakerphoto.com-1316.jpg

Attachments

• www.paigebakerphoto.com-1316.jpg
    www.paigebakerphoto.com-1316.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 20

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ban-cha.gif
ban-cha.gif
ban-cha.gif
ban-cha.gif

Your stone & setting is amazing!

Absolutely love to hear good reports like this. Wondering if your friend is a PS member, or how they knew about HPD/CBI. They definitely did you right by steering you towards them. Awesome stones and some of the best customer service in the business.

Tagging some of the HPD/CBI folks as I don't want them to miss this: @Wink, @Winks_Elf, @LaylaR, @John Pollard, @Paul-Antwerp

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and I LOVE the flower shot! My .90 CBI from HPD also packs a mighty punch. :dance:

The whole set looks beautiful. I totally understand the “no longer had to worry” thoughts regarding the 4 Cs. How awesome that it’s still making you smile, even though you’ve had it all this time. I’m still getting to know mine! (anniversary ring late October). I stare at it every chance I get!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the great feedback! :))

A fellow 'smaller' CBI purchaser here ;-) although my good lady is sporting a 0.67ct stone.

They really do 'punch above their weight' in performance terms :) and in many ways I think it's a great present to myself... what with being able to admire it throwing coloured fire at me from across the lounge in even very average lighting arrangements! lol

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Your CBI diamond is cut beautifully and it looks huge and gorgeous in the setting Melissa helped you accomplish. I really like that you set the diamond up higher in the prongs so you can see a little of the pavillion. I’d love to see your diamond details and and hear about how you chose this particular setting, which is very pretty and unique. Congratulations on your marriage!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Beautiful ring! :love:. The customer service at HPD are the best. :clap:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a big fan of halo or twisty shank design or pave. But this thing is just so pretty and well executed. :clap::clap:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting! I completely all of your thoughts about the beauty of these stones and the spectacular customer service at HPD! Congratulations on making an amazing choice!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love HPD and their customer service so much!!! Great story, and such a gorgeous ring! It looks so much better than .84, CBIs definitely look bigger than their size due to brilliance/excellent cutting. Congrats to you and your (now) wife!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your wedding! Your wife's ring is Gorgeous! and it's always lovely to hear about great customer experience from non PS'ers!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting! It definitely looks larger than .84

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
0.84 ct is a nice size, I wouldn't call it small!

krkuskie

Rough_Rock
I'd have to figure out where my wife has the certificate stored to get all the information but what I remember is SI2 clarity and G color. As for the setting, that's all Melissa. My wife wanted a white gold infinity band that was fairly slim and liked the idea of a halo. I think that's about all I gave Melissa to go off of and she went out and found the right one for our diamond!

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Your CBI diamond is cut beautifully and it looks huge and gorgeous in the setting Melissa helped you accomplish. I really like that you set the diamond up higher in the prongs so you can see a little of the pavillion. I’d love to see your diamond details and and hear about how you chose this particular setting, which is very pretty and unique. Congratulations on your marriage!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful, I don't personally like twisty bands and am so-so on halos, but this one in combination is gorgeous. Very well done!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looooove it! What a stunner!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
CBIs and HPD ARE the best - so glad you found them! The ring is a serious fireball. I hope you both enjoy it in good health and happiness for many years to come.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results