shape
carat
color
clarity

Help selecting 2.6+ carat stone

Foxtails99

Rough_Rock
Hi, I’m hoping to get some help from all of the experts on this forum. For my 30th anniversary we are looking to purchase a new diamond. My original engagement ring is a 1.35 G color but I do not know the specifics of it’s cut or clarity. I would guess it’s a good/very good cut because I believe it does have a large table. It is definitely not an excellent cut diamond. It is pretty clear though. Anyway for my new diamond I would like a D or E with an ideal/excellent cut, polish, and symmetry with no flurescence. The minimum I would like to consider is 2.6 carats but would prefer something larger if possible. Clarity wise I would like VS1 or VS2. I know that G color is where you get the most bang for your buck but I do not want a G especially with this size of stone. Price range $45 - $50k. Thanks in advance for helping me.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
These two are the only ones available under 60K closest to your specs from Whiteflash right now.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=4081359,4018662

I know you probably want F or above, but between the two stones, I prefer the G for the face up brighter appearance and side by side video performance. You should call Whiteflash and have the staff compare the two stones for you side by side. You may also want to ask when additional inventory may be coming in near your desired specs.

Only one available by CBI under 60K.
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10564

The above are the superideal option with guaranteed performance, and they come with great upgrade policies for future trade-up.
If your expectation isn't that you must have a branded superideal, you may afford bigger stones with better color.

dumbo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your less-than-ideal G will face up much differently than a ideal or superideal G. It is pretty well known that exceptionally well-cut diamonds can face up 1 or 2 grades whiter. I know this from experience: my wife has an M-colored superideal pendant, and had a M-colored superideal e-ring that she "tried out" for a bit before deciding to go bigger, and nobody guessed they were M color (K was the most popular guess). here is a pic; it is 6 color grades from a G!

Anyways, I would say "give G a chance" before discounting it. You may be surprised! IMG_9506.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally after w @dumbo ! I have an N colored CBI that I think faces up much whiter than it's grade implies. WF ACA stones face up super white as well. Definitely don't discount all G's!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my J ACA. Not suggesting a J for you, just giving an idea of how white super ideals are. 20181212_162506.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20181101_110637.jpg

my N colored CBI against my very white doggy. Img6107.jpg

Glamor shots from HPD

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results