Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Good deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mediocre deal

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Reberock

Rough_Rock
I have the opportunity to upgrade my 1.52 princess cut... G ,SI1.. for a 2.12 princess cut F I2 ... for $1,000... is the upgrade worth it? Or shall I sit on my 1.52?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I have the opportunity to upgrade my 1.52 princess cut... G ,SI1.. for a 2.12 princess cut F I2 ... for $1,000... is the upgrade worth it? Or shall I sit on my 1.52?

I think we need more info ... like specs and pictures. Personally would never get an I2 even if it looks nice ... I’d be worried about the stone’s integrity - like too many feathers (cracks) for example

Reberock

Rough_Rock
20181214_182402.jpg 20181214_182402.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 8

Reberock

Rough_Rock
IMG_2236.jpg

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think we need more info ... like specs and pictures. Personally would never get an I2 even if it looks nice ... I’d be worried about the stone’s integrity - like too many feathers (cracks) for example

This.

Does the upgrade stone have a grading report from a reputable lab? Or is it “graded” by the jeweller.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the I2 stone the one at the top in this picture?

Assuming that it is because it looks larger from here and (in the hope that I'm not about to denigrate your current stone!) to me, the facet patterning doesn't seem at all distinct - perhaps the stone is very dirty or even cloudy?

I would be very wary of an I2, personally speaking - it is highly unlikely to be 'eye-clean' from any reasonable distance, and as above, it could have potential structural integrity issues with certain inclusion types.

If you are happy to post your budget and colour/clarity/carat size requirements, we may be able to find you another option.

How much was your current stone and how much is the new stone, if you are happy to say?

Last edited:

Reberock

Rough_Rock
Stone, is $10,584 ... the new one would be about $1,100 more. This is my current Stone 20180821_180903.jpg
Is the I2 stone the one at the top in this picture?

Assuming that it is because it looks larger from here (and in the hope that I'm not about to denigrate your current stone!) to me, the facet patterning doesn't seem at all distinct - perhaps the stone is very dirty or even cloudy?

I would be very wary of an I2, personally speaking - it is highly unlikely to be 'eye-clean' from any reasonable distance, and as above, it could have potential structural integrity issues with certain inclusion types.

If you are happy to post your budget and colour/clarity/carat size requirements, we may be able to find you another option.

How much was your current stone and how much is the new stone, if you are happy to say?

Reberock

Rough_Rock
By a lab..

Does the upgrade stone have a grading report from a reputable lab? Or is it “graded” by the jeweller.[/QUOTE]

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone, is $10,584 ... the new one would be about $1,100 more. This is my current Stone 20180821_180903.jpg
Good picture!

Your current stone has a strong facet pattern :)

I have to go to bed but we should be able to find you some options to consider :)

Reberock

Rough_Rock
GSI

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Which lab graded your current stone? are you upgrading from the same vendor you bought your current diamond from?

Personally I would wait and save up a bit more to increase budget for upgrade and get a GIA/AGS stone with higher clarity....

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Does it have an inclusion plot we can see?

Being an i2 probably causes the cloudiness/dirty look. Also possible that it’s been graded softly by GSI too... I really like your current stone!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'd pass.

You might be able to sell me on a reputably graded I1, if the price were right, but anything below that I don't think I could be convinced.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably a poor deal for you. But actually impossible to tell without a lot more information such as grading lab for both stones, clarity plots for both stones, ASETs, IS or good video and pictures of both stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results