shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a sapphire please

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Thank you lovedogs for suggesting I start this thread.
The mastercut gems sale caught my eye! I’m looking to have a right hand ring made with a blue sapphire as September is our anniversary month. I’d prefer round around 7mm (i would like to halo it) and hopefully under $500 MAX budget for the stone. If it’s less, I have more to put toward the setting .
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! Have you purchased from this vendor before? thank you!

Personally I have not purchased from Steve, but many Pricescopers have, and he is on our colored stones vendor list.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

ksage92

Rough_Rock
@ksage92 do consider this sapphire. The needle inclusions will no be visible to the eye, just under magnification. I agree this is less prone to black out!
Just ordered it! I’ll post a pic once it arrives.
Thanks to all for your assistance!

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Poor iPhone pics —but it’s here! Thoughts? Sorry for the large pics.
5CBF4AEE-737C-48B1-BADB-F502F8013D08.jpeg
F3396268-2119-410F-997B-76E15AED0FB4.jpeg DB324D37-7C2C-4862-A2EE-2EFE182F3DC8.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you see in real life? And do you love it?
Does the stone resemble the pics in real life?
Based on your photo’s I do not love it to be honest. The colour is dark and not saturated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, your photos show a dark gray cushion. I’m suspecting camera shadow is causing an issue here. What do you see in real life (echoing Acinom)?

ksage92

Rough_Rock
What do you see in real life? And do you love it?
Does the stone resemble the pics in real life?
Based on your photo’s I do not love it to be honest. The colour is dark and not saturated.

Unfortunately, your photos show a dark gray cushion. I’m suspecting camera shadow is causing an issue here. What do you see in real life (echoing Acinom)?

Added 2 more pics — this is a much better representation of what I see I person. Thanks

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s grayish, but well cut and pretty. Get a good look at it in direct sunlight as well. I think it would pop in rose gold. You could put it on a shiny copper penny if you want to see.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s grayish, but well cut and pretty. Get a good look at it in direct sunlight as well. I think it would pop in rose gold. You could put it on a shiny copper penny if you want to see.
Agree that rose gold would be pretty, and that sunlight pics are important!

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, everyone. No sun today due to storms but hopefully tomorrow! =)2

Reactions: T L

ksage92

Rough_Rock
E534CC12-53B2-4AF9-A79C-C42C3895A1CF.png Last but not least-sunshine photo

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think?
Does the shape of the stone mesh with a certain ring design if you’ve got that picked out? Do you know if this shape can go in a stock setting, or does it need custom (if that matters).
For your budget and size requirement - which you met!!! - you’ve got a precision cut & non heated sapphire.
It is a bit greyish - ok yeah, but doesn’t black out/go inky...It’s got some inclusions, but still sparkles!
Very few sapphires look great in all lighting - it’s sad that’s the truth.
Unless you see it going muddy in some of the lighting, I think the positives justify the negatives, because it hit your requirements.
But 7mm sapphire! Yeah!
But it boils down to you liking it enough to set it.

ksage92

Rough_Rock
What do you think?
Does the shape of the stone mesh with a certain ring design if you’ve got that picked out? Do you know if this shape can go in a stock setting, or does it need custom (if that matters).
For your budget and size requirement - which you met!!! - you’ve got a precision cut & non heated sapphire.
It is a bit greyish - ok yeah, but doesn’t black out/go inky...It’s got some inclusions, but still sparkles!
Very few sapphires look great in all lighting - it’s sad that’s the truth.
Unless you see it going muddy in some of the lighting, I think the positives justify the negatives, because it hit your requirements.
But 7mm sapphire! Yeah!
But it boils down to you liking it enough to set it.

I do love it - totally agree the positives outweigh the negative. Working on a setting now. Thank you

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The colour is right up my alley!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love it - totally agree the positives outweigh the negative. Working on a setting now. Thank you

I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d love to see the settings your contemplating. Exciting!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

So pleased you like it! I have a similar color (but smaller) blue unheated Umba sapphire And I love all the various moods it displays

I can’t beleive how fast this all happened: Thread opened on a Thursday and gem in hand the following Monday!

Keep us informed

ksage92

Rough_Rock
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’d love to see the settings your contemplating. Exciting!

So pleased you like it! I have a similar color (but smaller) blue unheated Umba sapphire And I love all the various moods it displays

I can’t beleive how fast this all happened: Thread opened on a Thursday and gem in hand the following Monday!

Keep us informed

Super fast! I’ll start a new thread for setting feedback once i have more info to share.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Super pretty! Congratulations!

I had my eye on this one also but didn’t have the funds at present. Happy it went to a fellow PSer. Enjoy!!

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Nice sky color and looks well cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results