shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a 2ct+ Emerald Cut Diamond

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It seems like everyone I know is getting engaged! My friend is looking for an emerald cut stone and wanted some help combing though options online. I don't know much about emerald cuts so I would love some input from the experts!
What they are looking for:

- Over 2 carats, and over 9MM in length
- She likes them skinny - a 1.4-1.5 ratio.
- Color G and above
- Clarity- pretty high since it's an emerald cut?
- budget: Under 25K for the stone.

They contacted IDJ (they live in NYC and wanted to go to a brick and mortar store in the city), IDJ showed them some stones but they wanted to look at more options, so IDJ said that they would be happy to pull any stones that we find online for them to view. I started looking but am having a hard time determining which ones are good. Could any of the Emerald Cut aficionados on PS help me identify some online stones? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite I think that there is a little bit of wiggle room in the budget and they are ok with anything bigger than 2 (2.5 would be great too!)

@KKJohnson I had noticed that same one and thought that it looked great!

@Rpb that one looks nice, but I don’t think that IDJ can pull stuff from Brian Gavin Diamonds- right?

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
By the way, is depth below 60% a bad idea for emerald cuts?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am definitely not in the norm here, but my ideal depth is 58-60% in ECs. There is no magic formula with an emerald cut, and I feel that far too much carat weight is lost in depth. I have owned two now both have had a smaller depth than table and sparkled like mad! Personally, I would advise them to look for a lower color like H or I, VS2 would be a sweet spot... eye clean SI1 would of course be great, and something with a smaller depth. Then they can go up in size :love:That’s just me, it’s going to take a lot of patience And seeing stones in person. Note, I also bought my latest emerald cut from IDJ, I found it on another website and then had them source it for less. They can find anything that other vendors carry and more. They were amazing!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
@Rpb that one looks nice, but I don’t think that IDJ can pull stuff from Brian Gavin Diamonds- right?
@prbaglady BGD are a different vendor whom you can contact to see what they would have in their inventory as they have a line of products where in emralem cut diamonds are available for purchase.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite

I second you re long shape. These are not extreme, but still.

I could only 'hit' the 9mm or over, with L/W ration over 1.45 . I had searched for 1.4 and above on BN, where the filter lets you select this L/W ratio.

2c

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results