shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP? looking for information/value

Krsten Bullivant

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am wanting to sell a brooch I have however I cant seem to find much information about it anywhere.
does anyone have something similar and knows the value of these brooches?
Thanks
brooch.PNG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you see any markings at all? The dark stones are marcasite & not hugely valuable, so it would make me think this is costume jewellery rather than fine jewellery.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - barring any markings to the contrary, this looks to me like costume jewelry. However, horse-and-carriage jewelry seems to have been “a thing” at some point, if the many similar pins that show up in a google search are any indication. So there might be a collector out there who’d love to add your pin to her collection!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it’s costume jewellery. It looks “vintage” if the movement is manual ie wind up it would be 1950s / 1970s but if a quartz watch, it is likely to be later.
If the watch is a manual wind and working well, similar vintage watches sell for around $70 (more collectible) however If a quartz movement and working maybe $20.
If the watch movement isn’t working you will have difficultly selling it as a repair would cost more than the watch could sell for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results