shape
carat
color
clarity

CTW stamp on earring

Emerald_city

Rough_Rock
Premium
hello knowledgeable pricescopers! I recently bought a pair of uncerted earrings off Etsy and was curious about the likely total carats without having to pay to get them appraised. They are 9 mm each (pic below) and have a 14k gold and 0.38 ctw stamp on each earring. Am I correct in assuming that each stamp likely refers to an individual earring making the ctw for the pair likely 0.76 (rather than the stamp applying to both halves of the pair together)?

2BA73C16-5755-4887-A355-1CD629A9EFA6.jpeg

Attachments

• CFE1F08D-0A59-4EF1-B26F-CA41DB9F9967.png
    CFE1F08D-0A59-4EF1-B26F-CA41DB9F9967.png
    353.6 KB · Views: 7

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The seller from etsy might be best placed to confirm for sure? lol

Either way, I think they look pretty cool with all the different cuts on them :)

Emerald_city

Rough_Rock
Premium
The seller from etsy might be best placed to confirm for sure? lol

Either way, I think they look pretty cool with all the different cuts on them :)
Thank you! The seller couldn’t say. The only thing she knew was that they had tested as diamonds. I took the risk because the price was good, I needed them quickly to wear to my wedding, and they’re a very neat style of cluster where the effect is not trying to pretend to be a larger stone which I thought was super pretty.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're a great find, good hunting :))

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When each is stamped ctw it nearly always refers to each individual earring. These are often made in large groups of individual earrings and carefully monitored for the exact weight in each item. Then a quality control team makes reasonably matched pairs and they know the exact total weight for the pair. It is simply faster to make such pairs up visually after the diamonds are set than to attempt to make perfect pairs before they are set.

Emerald_city

Rough_Rock
Premium
When each is stamped ctw it nearly always refers to each individual earring. These are often made in large groups of individual earrings and carefully monitored for the exact weight in each item. Then a quality control team makes reasonably matched pairs and they know the exact total weight for the pair. It is simply faster to make such pairs up visually after the diamonds are set than to attempt to make perfect pairs before they are set.
Thank you so much for that interesting bit of insider knowledge! Makes total sense to me to do it that way :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results