color
clarity

BrianGavin H&A 1.344G/SI1 vs 1.325H/VS2

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For best value, I would actually pick this one: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...1.596-i-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104093785002 The blue fluorescence will greatly help the color and there will be a nice size difference compared to the 1.3ct. It is a bit more pricey.

Otherwise, I would probably go with the G/SI1. The stone seems like a super clean SI1 and it has the biggest spread of all. Also, if you think that there may be an upgrade in the future, it is easier to upgrade an SI1.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd take the 1.325 H VS2. I prefer VS2 or higher clarity, and may as well go for 1.32 over 1.31 with such a tiny price difference.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you ask BGD to send you a comparison pic? That may help your decision.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you ask BGD to send you a comparison pic? That may help your decision.

Those three stones are close enough to be matched for earrings. They are all superideal cut and are going to look very close to the same at 7mm.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BGD is running a special right now, so that 1.325 H VS2 stone will be approximately 1k less than the WF stone..I am assuming that is one of the reasons OP is looking at BGD.

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock
What special is BDG running right now?
BGD is running a special right now, so that 1.325 H VS2 stone will be approximately 1k less than the WF stone..I am assuming that is one of the reasons OP is looking at BGD.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those three stones are close enough to be matched for earrings. They are all superideal cut and are going to look very close to the same at 7mm.
DS, I was really thinking more so for a color comparison. I have seen some differences between stones graded the same color.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the sale percentage off?

Color of diamonds is never truly accurate in photos. He could order both and see if he could see a difference, though, if he is worried about color. Usually G-H will look similar from the top.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the sale percentage off?

Color of diamonds is never truly accurate in photos. He could order both and see if he could see a difference, though, if he is worried about color. Usually G-H will look similar from the top.
I 100% agree, but I would still pick the G SI1. I understand that you are more partial to VS2, but both H VS2s have table inclusions and I would prefer the higher color, but H VS2 is a more "balanced" combination. OP can't really make a "wrong" choice here.
The special is 8% off, pretty nice.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8% off diamonds

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock
You are the best! I reserved the diamond last week but have not completed the wire. Do you think they will honour the discount?

Also is the 8% off the wire discounted price?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, 8 off regular. Try logging in and applying the discount, if you can. I believe that they should honor it since you haven't purchased the stone. Else, I would honestly pick one of the H VS2s. The discount is too good to pass.

Or this one :) http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...1.596-i-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104093785002
Still my favorite, but then again, I would always pick size over color. People have different priorities.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The G/SI1 says "clarity grade based on clouds not shown." It may not be as clean as the plot appears.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The G/SI1 says "clarity grade based on clouds not shown." It may not be as clean as the plot appears.
Hm, I didn't even see that since I am viewing on my phone. That changes my opinion, either one of the H VS2s or the 1.596 I VS1 (w/ blue fluoro).
P.S. That 1.596 I VS1 comes to $11,115 after discount.

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock
I got Jamie to comment on the stone and she says it's eye clean:

" this is a magnificent SI1! I looked at it for another client yesterday. You cannot see any inclusions at all with the naked eye and it will require at least 10x magnification in order to even locate. " she indicates that this is a total no-brainer "the diamond is gorgeous". "faces-up completely eye clean"
"Visually speaking, you honestly cannot tell a difference between the two side by side. Both are incredibly brilliant and bright white. .The SI1 is completely eye clean as well as the VS2"

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That's great that Jamie confirmed that the stone is eye-clean. Sounds like a great deal.

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock
I think my preference will be the whiter colour and if eye clean SI1 I would rather take a G , but given this is my first time buying diamonds and eyeclean is subjective I'm a little concerned

Patty

Ideal_Rock
You can check it out once you receive it, but if Jamie says it's eye-clean, I'd be comfortable with the purchase. I have a G colored 1.35 and I love it.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my preference will be the whiter colour and if eye clean SI1 I would rather take a G , but given this is my first time buying diamonds and eyeclean is subjective I'm a little concerned
Go for the G SI1 then, if you are unhappy when you see it, you can always return it.

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock
You can check it out once you receive it, but if Jamie says it's eye-clean, I'd be comfortable with the purchase. I have a G colored 1.35 and I love it.
Oooo what do you have it set on? Any photos?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mine is in a 3-stone with sapphire sides. Sorry...I haven't posted pics in years. I had it made back in 2003. I hope that you love your stone.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, Nice to see you again!..:wavey:welcome back!

Yup, most PSers didn't notice that comment on the report...;-) thus the reason I pick the H VS2 1.31ct.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the G SI1 ,but the comment "clarity grade based on clouds not shown." would bother me.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Patty, Nice to see you again!..:wavey:welcome back!

Yup, most PSers didn't notice that comment on the report...;-) thus the reason I pick the H VS2 1.31ct.

Hi DF...nice to see you! I was just lurking and noticed the "clarity based on clouds" comment, so I had to un-lurk. I do hope the stone is bright and clean.

diamond_hunter2017

Rough_Rock
Hi DF...nice to see you! I was just lurking and noticed the "clarity based on clouds" comment, so I had to un-lurk. I do hope the stone is bright and clean.

Since it's my first time buying a diamond I'm not sure I would be able to tell even when I do receive it if it's fuzzy or cloudy or performance impacted by the "clarity grade based on clouds not shown" comment which has me worried.

Would BG advisors say it's fine when it may be border line for their signature stones? I've heard that they are very strict to keep their great rep.

All of the blogs I started reading on SI1 with that clarity grade based on clouds is making me not mind clean.

Would a local appraiser have a good enough eye to judge a super ideal stone?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
BGD is a very reputable company. I trust them and if their rep says it's eye-clean and not cloudy, think you're safe.

But yes, an independent appraiser could help give you peace of mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results