shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Nouveau pin-pendant conversion (scrap)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to share because I’m so happy with this I bought this antique stick pin for $27 and carefully removed the pin and used my steel files to smooth down the stump - strung it on a petite vintage rose gold chain and it fits perfectly and just makes me smile!

The enamel is damaged anyway it doesn’t hold value except as a beautiful thing :) 1F2B4208-544C-4172-8861-ABDA062A710C.jpeg B9BB8810-99AB-4EA6-B3A4-49E38F9252A9.jpeg 7E990CDF-7114-418B-B286-EA2364E418E3.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job! I just love repurposed and resurrected jewelry!:appl:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a fellow recycler - well done. :appl:
It looks beautiful, wear it with joy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! I love that you rescued and repurposed it!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I guess I should clean it? Ha!
I was so excited I just did the conversion without cleaning and then I was so busy patting myself on the back that I took photos and posted... and now I realize it needs a warm water q-tip on the petals.
Oh, so silly girl, me.:doh:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is so pretty.....what a great find!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unique and lovely - good job!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Gold flowers are magic to me...
-

note: I am seeing some dark overlay around the pearl - which, I am guessing must be some adhesive clumsily splotched around while attempting to fix the pearl in place (possibly on a peg, or not). If so, at least this stain could be removed with some solvent or other; the enamel is not very likely to be further damaged. The pearl can be protected, and re-attached if dislodged.
It would be a little interesting exercise to fill in the gaps in enamel - it is not difficult, but you would need matching laquer etc. IHMO, the damage is not distracting as is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this @InsecureSweetGirl. It is feminine and so lovely on you. Way to go in repurposing it into such a beautiful piece you will wear and enjoy for years to come. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool that you can "make" your own conversions! Its a sweet pendant!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
dark overlay around the pearl
I can see this darkness IRL as well as in photos, but under 60x it turns out to be the gold itself, where the enamel has chipped away. I suspect at some point the pin was repaired and a torch used, weakening the bond between the two materials. Not ideal, of course, but there’s no extra glue sitting there. The pearl sits atop a tiny gold spike, and I like that (as opposed to similar pins which have claw-prong setmine diamond 5pt) there is no glint/sparkle at the neck, just a glow/shimmer as it moves. More like the memory of a flower than a flower itself :)

Thanks for the support everyone!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

collier

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love it. How handy you are! I wish I were brave enough to do something like that

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Why not start small like I did? If it’s less than $30 and you’re not happy with the end result, you can always donate it afterward. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results