shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for unique setting ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My sister got a blue diamond (around a carat) for her tenth wedding anniversary. They are looking for a setting and have looked ALL over the place to find one. Her husband wants bigger sidestones, no melee, and wants it to show the blue center stone as much as possible. He loves the look of tension settings, but doesn''t want a true tension setting because he wants to be able to size it later if necessary. He doesn''t like a normal "prong" setting, he wants it to be different. She really likes heart shaped diamonds, but says she doesn''t need them if they don''t go with the rest of it. I''m pretty sure they want platinum, if not, then white gold. I think their biggest thing is they don''t want it to look like every other ring out there. I can''t really help with that, I have a solitaire with a band and love the traditional look. I thought maybe you guys would have some better ideas. Thanks in advance for any help!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
BTW when I said he wants to see as much of the blue stone as possible, I meant he wants to be able to see it from the sides like you can in a tension setting, but I don''t know if that''s possible without doing a real tension set. One they showed me that they sort of liked had it prong set well above the rest of the setting so you could see the whole thing. But they weren''t too keen on the prongs. I can''t think of anything
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
The thread title made me think of this setting by Mark Morrell, but it doesn''t allow for sidestones and does have prongs (although only 3). I think a blue diamond would look amazing in this setting.
31.gif

amazingmarkmorrell.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks:) I''ll show it to her. Any and all pics are appreciated!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Gwen, you're right. That would look fantastic.

When he says he wants a tension setting but more flexible for sizing etc., and not prongs, does he mean something like a semi bezel, open at the top and bottom? (It could be a lot more open - my stone is quite shallow.)

pad28d.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think he''d be ok with that. But he wants big sidestones. I''m wondering how that would work. Your ring is really pretty btw!

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
I really like the last one posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results