shape
carat
color
clarity

99.2% of recent US Covid deaths were unvaccinated people

W

westofhere

In my city, an infant with Covid had to be lifeflighted 120 miles away yesterday because our hospitals are full.

We’ve had two chances to contain this virus and we failed miserably because of politics and stupidity: first, when we failed to do a serious lockdown, a nationwide mandatory mask policy, and contract tracing; and now, when 50% of us have failed to get the jab.

If someone chooses not to get the vaccine and gets Covid, I hope they will do the moral thing and not seek medical care, and simply recover or die alone at home. The sad truth is that the country might be better off without them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Waiting for long term studies of the vaccine safety? STFU and get the jab.
Listening to Tucker Carlson's medical advice? STFU and get the jab.
Jab against your religion? STFU, change religions and get the jab.
Any other excuse besides valid medical one? STFU and get the jab.

Thank you Matata.

You just posted the best post EVER! :clap:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
In my city, an infant with Covid had to be lifeflighted 120 miles away yesterday because our hospitals are full.

We’ve had two chances to contain this virus and we failed miserably because of politics and stupidity: first, when we failed to do a serious lockdown, a nationwide mandatory mask policy, and contract tracing; and now, when 50% of us have failed to get the jab.

If someone chooses not to get the vaccine and gets Covid, I hope they will do the moral thing and not seek medical care, and simply recover or die alone at home. The sad truth is that the country might be better off without them.
You know what is most concerning about this?
TMC 'complex' is the largest in the world.
Five other area Peds hosps. also couldn't take her.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I literally cannot fully contain any longer my anger and outrage at the arrogance and selfishness of people who are “opting” not to get vaccinated while stupidly asserting that their personal choices do not negatively impact others.

This 45-year old guy lobbied hard against masking and vaccines, supporting mask-burning parties and vilifying a health commissioner who reported clinical trial data supporting the efficacy of vax. He got COVID and spent three days vented before dying, leaving a wife and a 5-month old son that they’d tried for years to have. His “personal choice that doesn’t affect anyone else” has left his wife a widow and a single mother and his much-wanted son fatherless – something neither of them chose.

This 43-year old guy “opted” not to get vaccinated because “he didn’t think he needed it”; after which he contracted COVID and required a double-lung transplant to save his life, which means they weren’t available to others on the list with CF or other hereditary issues who didn’t actually cause their compromised lungs.

This guy openly mocked vaccines on his RADIO SHOW and advised listeners who didn’t think they were ‘at risk’ to skip the vax. He said his odds of getting it were low, and odds of his dying from it were less than 1%. After he tested COVID+, he still denied its seriousness and chose to find “a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin”….(um, even though there are no studies detailing the long-term effects of THAT either). When that predictably didn’t work, he was hospitalized three weeks ago. Last week, he was vented and his family trying to get him moved to a hospital with an ECMO machine (heart/lung bypass machine). Those machines aren’t abundant; if he did get onto one, that means it won’t be available to someone ELSE suffering a cardiac event – who could die.

This guy was a 51-year old high school track coach in Florida in peak fitness who resisted getting vaxxed for ongoing weeks. When he finally decided to act, it was too late – he contracted COVID and spent a month in the hospital before dying. His wife is now widowed (not by her choice), his four kids will bear a lifetime of grief over the loss of their father (not their choice) – not to mention the hundreds of kids he impacted or had yet to impact through school.

This guy declined to get vaxxed in February because “I didn’t really believe I’d get COVID or that it would make me so ill.” His tune changed in early June when he had to call for paramedics, who dragged his ass out on a stretcher while his two young terrified sons watched and cried.

What do all these “it’s my personal choice” proponents have in common? A few things. They all were arrogant enough to think that their own knowledge base was somehow more credible than that of medical experts and science-based medicine. They ALL negatively impacted people around them; some temporarily and some permanently.

What’s more? Every single one lucky enough to survive their stupid decisions expresses regret. Oh…and they are actually all deluded in thinking that their story will somehow sway others, even though they themselves weren’t at all swayed when they heard of others before them. Every one of them has the gall to actually say the words “I didn’t know”, which isn’t true at all. They did know. There were stories before theirs. There was science, presented by experts in their field……they chose to dismiss that knowledge as less credible than their own armchair assessments, and they can’t even own it. I didn’t know, my ass.

To those of you saying “I can control my risk”, “my decisions won’t impact/hurt others”, and “I stay away from others when I know I’m sick”…..to you, I say “BULLSH*T.” Only 50% of Americans are vaxxed now, which means the other 50% are not. I can guarantee you that I do not see 50% of you wearing masks in my daily travels, which means some of you are flat-out lying, and you are putting people who legitimately can’t take the vax at risk----LITERALLY life or death risk. For those who are genuinely trying to remain away from people when you ‘know you are sick’, please look up the definition of 'asymptomatic'. Your refusal to accept that 'feeling fine' doesn't mean you can't have lifelong (or life-ending) consequences for others is illogical and infuriating.

I find it non-sensical that people will cite ‘unknown long-term effects’ as a reason to reject the vaccine – that’s a complete red herring. You’ve already proven you will ignore data that doesn’t support your decision because there ARE known long-term effects for COVID that you want to willfully ignore. For over 4 million people (650K of them American), the long-term known effect of COVID is death. I don’t know what else could be more serious. By the most conservative data available, at least 20 million COVID survivors are experiencing significant symptoms for more than six months post-COVID - damage to hearts, lungs, kidneys, compromised cognitive function, fatigue, depression and difficulty breathing. Nothing is life is no risk, but in a war of which is riskier, COVID is far more risky than the vaccine.

For those complaining they feel condescended to……..too damned bad. I will absolutely own that I don’t give a crap if your feelings are hurt that I don’t think much of your critical thinking aptitude. You can comfort yourself with the knowledge that what I think doesn’t really matter and won’t post a life-or-death risk to you. it’s too bad others can’t say the same for what you think.

I don't expect anyone's mind to change, but that doesn't mitigate my desire to call BULLSH*T when I see it.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I literally cannot fully contain any longer my anger and rage at the arrogance and selfishness of people who are “opting” not to get vaccinated while stupidly asserting that their personal choices do not negatively impact others.

This 45-year old guy lobbied hard against masking and vaccines, supporting mask-burning parties and vilifying a health commissioner who reported clinical trial data supporting the efficacy of vax. He got COVID and spent three days vented before dying, leaving a wife and a 5-month old son that they’d tried for years to have. His “personal choice that doesn’t affect anyone else” has left his wife a widow and a single mother and his much-wanted son fatherless – something neither of them chose.

This 43-year old guy “opted” not to get vaccinated because “he didn’t think he needed it”; after which he contracted COVID and required a double-lung transplant to save his life, which means they weren’t available to others on the list with CF or other hereditary issues who didn’t actually cause their compromised lungs.

This guy openly mocked vaccines on his RADIO SHOW and advised listeners who didn’t think they were ‘at risk’ to skip the vax. He said his odds of getting it were low, and odds of his dying from it were less than 1%. After he tested COVID+, he still denied its seriousness and chose to find “a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin”….(um, even though there are no studies detailing the long-term effects of THAT either). When that predictably didn’t work, he was hospitalized three weeks ago. Last week, he was vented and his family trying to get him moved to a hospital with an ECMO machine (heart/lung bypass machine). Those machines aren’t abundant; if he did get onto one, that means it won’t be available to someone ELSE suffering a cardiac event – who could die.

This guy was a 51-year old high school track coach in Florida in peak fitness who resisted getting vaxxed for ongoing weeks. When he finally decided to act, it was too late – he contracted COVID and spent a month in the hospital before dying. His wife is now widowed (not by her choice), his four kids will bear a lifetime of grief over the loss of their father (not their choice) – not to mention the hundreds of kids he impacted or had yet to impact through school.

This guy declined to get vaxxed in February because “I didn’t really believe I’d get COVID or that it would make me so ill.” His tune changed in early June when he had to call for paramedics, who dragged his ass out on a stretcher while his two young terrified sons watched and cried.

What do all these “it’s my personal choice” proponents have in common? A few things. They all were arrogant enough to think that their own knowledge base was somehow more credible than that of medical experts and science-based medicine. They ALL negatively impacted people around them; some temporarily and some permanently.

What’s more? Every single one lucky enough to survive their stupid decisions expresses regret. Oh…and they are actually all deluded in thinking that their story will somehow sway others, even though they themselves weren’t at all swayed when they heard of others before them. Every one of them has the gall to actually say the words “I didn’t know”, which isn’t true at all. They did know. There were stories before theirs. There was science, prevented by experts in their field……they chose to dismiss that knowledge as less credible than their own armchair assessments, and they can’t even own it. I didn’t know, my ass.

To those of you saying “I can control my risk”, “my decisions won’t impact/hurt others”, and “I stay away from others when I know I’m sick”…..to you, I say “BULLSH*T.” Only 50% of Americans are vaxxed now, which means the other 50% are not. I can guarantee you that I do not see 50% of you wearing masks in my daily travels, which means some of you are flat-out lying, and you are putting people who legitimately can’t take the vax at risk----LITERALLY life or death risk. For those who are genuinely trying to remain away from people when you ‘know you are sick’, please look up the definition of 'asymptomatic'. Your refusal to accept that 'feeling fine' doesn't mean you can't have lifelong (or life-ending) consequences for others is illogical and infuriating.

I find it non-sensical that people will cite ‘unknown long-term effects’ as a reason to reject the vaccine – that’s a complete red herring. You’ve already proven you will ignore data that doesn’t support your decision because there ARE known long-term effects for COVID that you want to willfully ignore. For over 4 million people (650K of them American), the long-term known effect of COVID is death. I don’t know what else could be more serious. By the most conservative data available, at least 20 million COVID survivors are experiencing significant symptoms for more than six months post-COVID - damage to hearts, lungs, kidneys, compromised cognitive function, fatigue, depression and difficulty breathing. Nothing is life is no risk, but in a war of which is riskier, COVID is far more risky than the vaccine.

For those complaining they feel condescended to……..too damned bad. I will absolutely own that I don’t give a crap if your feelings are hurt that I don’t think much of your critical thinking aptitude. You can comfort yourself with the knowledge that what I think doesn’t really matter and won’t post a life-or-death risk to you. it’s too bad others can’t say the same for what you think.

I don't expect anyone's mind to change, but that doesn't mitigate my desire to call BULLSH*T when I see it.

:clap:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's true!. We have been importing Covid from south of the border for the past 5 months. :wall:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That's true!. We have been importing Covid from south of the border for the past 5 months. :wall:
It's a lie and nothing but a scapegoated dogwhistle.
snip:

Migrants are not "importing Covid"

“The Biden administration must stop importing Covid into our country.” — Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott

Accusing immigrants of bringing disease into the country has a long, sordid and dangerous history. As the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum noted, “A recurrent theme in Nazi antisemitic propaganda was that Jews spread diseases.”

It also happens to be totally inaccurate. "There's testing happening," Robert Fenton, the acting Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator, told Congress in a recent hearing. “What we're seeing is less than 6 percent positive right now, coming across the border.”

That, as The New York Times reported over the weekend, is “a lower positivity rate than currently in Texas (9 percent)."

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Still a lie
140,000 new cases in Florida this week alone.
15 thousand cases a day in Texas
All Americans.
And on an on, but keep blaming migrants.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still a lie
140,000 new cases in Florida this week alone.
15 thousand cases a day in Texas
All Americans.
And on an on, but keep blaming migrants.
My Q is.. why would any migrants wanna enter an infested county like the US? :confused:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Q is.. why would any migrants wanna enter an infested county like the US?

Don't play dumb. They're coming because even though we're "infested" and our health care and education system is below par and we have systemic racism and two major political parties rife with problems, the US is still a better place than where they're coming from.

W

westofhere

Your blaming Mexicans for the virus, DF, is no more logical and no more moral than white supremacists blaming you as an Asian American. The answer to being hated and discriminated against is not to hate and discriminate against others. You don’t make yourself or your family safer by doing so; you perpetuate racism as normative and make all people of color less safe. Asian Americans experienced violence because the President called this “The China Virus.” That’s what a dog whistle is; a-holes hear it and come running.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asian Americans experienced violence because the President called this “The China Virus.” That’s what a dog whistle is; a-holes hear it and come running.
So that's the reason why most elderly Asians are being attacked by POC in Chinatowns across the country ?

W

westofhere

That you blame “poc” (African Americans, presumably?) for violence against Asian poc and Mexicans for the virus—deflecting racism onto other races has never and will never remedy racism. I won’t be engaging with you any more after this post.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That you blame “poc” (African Americans, presumably?) for violence against Asian poc and Mexicans for the virus—deflecting racism onto other races has never and will never remedy racism. I won’t be engaging with you any more after this post.
The truth that you don't wanna believe.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know so many people of different age groups who have been vaccinated and they have COVID. And please tell me - what test determines the Variant? It is my understanding that there is not a direct test that can determine that you have the variant.

Are the people that you know who have COVID in the hospital? I think the point is that vaccinated people are not likely at all to end up in the hospital even if they do contract COVID, while unvaccinated people are much more likely to do so, therefore depriving people who have other types of medical emergencies like stroke or heart attack, or people needing surgery, of the care that they would normally get, or even depriving them of a hospital bed at all.

And yes, when they test you for Covid, somewhere along the line it can be determined which strain you have. I don't know if it's an immediate result but the state can definitely figure it out and keep track of it. I hear an update every day in my state as to what % of new cases are the Delta variant.

Last edited:
Q

Queenie60

Are the people that you know who have COVID in the hospital? I think the point is that vaccinated people are not likely at all to end up in the hospital even if they do contract COVID, while unvaccinated people are much more likely to do so, therefore depriving people who have other types of medical emergencies like stroke or heart attack, or people needing surgery, of the care that they would normally get, or even depriving them of a hospital bed at all.

And yes, when they test you for Covid, somewhere along the line it can be determined which strain you have. I don't know if it's an immediate result but the state can definitely figure it out and keep track of it. I hear an update every day in my state as to what % of new cases are the Delta variant.

Thank you

W

westofhere

I don’t wish anyone dead. I accept their right to commit suicide by not getting vaccinated. My only hope is that they don’t kill others along the way by “disbursing” it.

Q

Queenie60

I don’t wish anyone dead. I accept their right to commit suicide by not getting vaccinated. My only hope is that they don’t kill others along the way by “disbursing” it.

Disgusting and one sided without a willingness to see through your hateful attitude. I find your comments to be hateful - and yes, in your previous comments you wished people dead. I find this to be a trait of a disgusting human being.

Q

Queenie60

@westofhere - I can see by your attachments - you're a Main Stream Media Junkie! This explains your explicit, hateful and morbid comments. You go girl! Glad you know everything - maybe you should run for office.

W

westofhere

And for anyone wanting a reality check about what surviving Covid can be like, this eye opening RadioLab episode many of you NPR listeners may have already heard, about medical interventions the general public overwhelmingly thinks of as safe (like intubation) which Drs by the same overwhelming margins say they would never, ever want done to them (they’d literally rather die):

W

westofhere

@westofhere - I can see by your attachments - you're a Main Stream Media Junkie! This explains your explicit, hateful and morbid comments. You go girl! Glad you know everything - maybe you should run for office.

Fox is mainstream media.

Thank you—I’d run but Jesus came to me in a dream and said that after Trump is restored to the Presidency next week (we’re quivering with excitement here in Colorado!), it’ll be Sarah Palin’s turn when he kicks the bucket, with the pillow guy as VP, and the pillow guy’s increasingly Hitlerian mustache as SecDef, with its own office like Caligula’s horse.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results