shape
carat
color
clarity

99.2% of recent US Covid deaths were unvaccinated people

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to get a haircut yesterday, no one was wearing a mask. Only one gentleman in there (barbershop) said he had the vaccine, he asked the others if they did. NONE of them did. I was sitting there waiting, wearing my K95. I chimed in that I was wearing my mask to protect them in case I had it since 4 (yes 4!!!!) people at my school had tested positive that week. Wouldn't you know it, they all gave out an anxious chuckle and either put on a mask or hastily left. Delta is not to be messed with.

After getting vaccinated and the mask mandate lifted, I was thinking about finally going to get a haircut. Then an email came from the salon saying that now, no masks were required. If you wanted to wear one, and/or ask your stylist to wear one, that was fine. But "we won't ask you if you're vaccinated, and please don't ask us". Well, that did it for me as I knew what that meant. I'd be sitting in a salon for 2+ hours with possibly several non vaccinated people around me. I walked into the bathroom and cut my own hair!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third, we are infecting ourselves. You can't blame everything on Mexico. They are not to blame for this shitfest! We are. Suck it up, buttercup. We are failing miserably!
So you agree that they shouldn't come across the border and get themselves infected, right?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After getting vaccinated and the mask mandate lifted, I was thinking about finally going to get a haircut. Then an email came from the salon saying that now, no masks were required. If you wanted to wear one, and/or ask your stylist to wear one, that was fine. But "we won't ask you if you're vaccinated, and please don't ask us". Well, that did it for me as I knew what that meant. I'd be sitting in a salon for 2+ hours with possibly several non vaccinated people around me. I walked into the bathroom and cut my own hair!

One of the few things I did once things first opened up again was get a haircut...it was driving me crazy and unlike you, I am not brave enough to try cutting it on my own.

fwiw - I took the morning off work so I could have the first appointment on a weekday. I told them I would come in with my hair just washed and wanted just a cut - no blow dry so I would be in and out. I was the only customer in the shop and had instructed my hairdresser to cut it super short (for me) saying "I won't be back until this is all over". That was a year ago.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I go to a barbershop, if I could do my own fade I would, alas, I am not that talented!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DF, you have dozens of reasons to not get the vaccine. Each time you exaggerate some statistic to fit your narrative. Why not just be real and say you won’t because you are a conspiracy theorist. I’m beginning to think that or dementia is setting in.
I have nothing against the vaccination, but just don't like the idea of shaming people for not vaccinating. I have friends whom are fully vaccinated and friends whom aren't . Some of the fully vaccinated friends are afraid to sit next to the unvaccinated when we go out for lunch, so I just ask the unvaccinated to sit next to me. This group of ours (8 - 10 people) had been going out for lunch for the past 6 months.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of a monster thinks a 2% death rate among Covid-infected children is ok? That’s pure sociopathy.

The same monster think the world will end this winter.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So you agree that they shouldn't come across the border and get themselves infected, right?

You are exasperating! For the last time, ANYONE can come across the border - even citizens- and infect people! It has NOTHING to do with Mexico, which you obviously hate and for some reason fear. As of right now, Florida has 21,000+ new cases today, followed by Texas and California at 5000+ each. The US leads the world in both total cases and new cases! :x2

Sometimes I can't tell if you're a troll or really believe the things you post.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are exasperating! For the last time, ANYONE can come across the border - even citizens- and infect people! It has NOTHING to do with Mexico, which you obviously hate and for some reason fear. As of right now, Florida has 21,000+ new cases today, followed by Texas and California at 5000+ each. The US leads the world in both total cases and new cases! :x2

Of course not!. People coming in illegally are 100% Covid free.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I have nothing against the vaccination, but just don't like the idea of shaming people for not vaccinating. I have friends whom are fully vaccinated and friends whom aren't . Some of the fully vaccinated friends are afraid to sit next to the unvaccinated when we go out for lunch, so I just ask the unvaccinated to sit next to me. This group of ours (8 - 10 people) had been going out for lunch for the past 6 months.

Viruses don't care about feelings.
If we didn't vaccinate we'd all be dead of Smallpox, crippled with Polio, blind/sterile from Measles, Cholera, Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Rabies or have our vessels and organs swell or liquify from the inside from any number of tropical or other diseases.
It's absolutely ludicrous to bring 'feelings' into something that can kill you or cause lifelong issues.
It isn't a valid argument. It's also a slap in the face to all the people that can't be vaccinated putting them at an even higher risk of death due to immunological deficiency. That is shameful.
I hope, for your sake, that your luck holds knowing that the new to the US Delta variant is more contagious than Ebola, or Chickenpox, and that you don't bring it home to your grandbabies and if you do that it leaves them relatively unscathed. There is no guarantee that it will. Being vaccinated you may not know you're carrying it.
Your outlook is becoming quite a high stakes gamble.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was reading an interesting article about the Spanish Flu. The argument I'd hear was that it went away without a vaccine, so COVID will. I decided to research a bit. Turns out, it didn't really end but mutated into the H1N1 flu we have today. We have it to thank for seasonal and other pandemic flus such as swine .

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I was reading an interesting article about the Spanish Flu. The argument I'd hear was that it went away without a vaccine, so COVID will. I decided to research a bit. Turns out, it didn't really end but mutated into the H1N1 flu we have today. We have it to thank for seasonal and other pandemic flus such as swine .

Yep, that's what I was referencing in some earlier posts.
And Covid has already killed more people in the US in half the time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The worst flu I got hit with was the HK flu in 1968? . I had a high fever for like two days and when I look up the ceiling was spinning.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The worst flu I got hit with was the HK flu in 1968? . I had a high fever for like two days and when I look up the ceiling was spinning.

Luckily, it had a very low mortality rate. Mostly 65 and older.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly, I was not a fan of Trump, nor am I a fan of Biden. If you cannot see that either president has done both good and bad, then in my opinion, you are too biased. That is not meant to be contentious. It is just how I feel. I wish people would stop continually politicizing this virus.

Can we all agree that the virus is real, and potentially dangerous? Look at the medical and scientific facts to make your decision about vaccination. If you choose not to vaccinate, please follow masking and social distancing guidelines to protect those who cannot be vaccinated.

This virus is new and is mutating. The science is still evolving. This is scary sh*t for all of us! Perhaps we should be coming together, and supporting each other instead of constantly demeaning one another and arguing.

I hope all of you and your families stay healthy and safe. DG out.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work at the VA. Based on data on the Delta variant, the original variant had an r of 2.5 (one person infects average of 2.5), while new variant may be up to an 8! Carriers spread about 1000x more virus particles than the original strain. We are going to see some super spreader events folks. And this virus not only kills but long term disables a certain percentage of people. I'm talking long term lung, blood clotting, cognitive issues. We don't know who will be the unlucky ones. For those who choose not to get the vaccine, until this new wave burns out (Nov, Dec) I would suggest socially isolating, to avoid getting caught up in this. It is so disappointing given that we had sufficient vaccines, the US could have stamped it out here, and life, the economy etc gotten back to normal. But not possible due to American attitude of me first.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work at the VA. Based on data on the Delta variant, the original variant had an r of 2.5 (one person infects average of 2.5), while new variant may be up to an 8! Carriers spread about 1000x more virus particles than the original strain. We are going to see some super spreader events folks. And this virus not only kills but long term disables a certain percentage of people. I'm talking long term lung, blood clotting, cognitive issues. We don't know who will be the unlucky ones. For those who choose not to get the vaccine, until this new wave burns out (Nov, Dec) I would suggest socially isolating, to avoid getting caught up in this. It is so disappointing given that we had sufficient vaccines, the US could have stamped it out here, and life, the economy etc gotten back to normal. But not possible due to American attitude of me first.

It’s not unique to Americans @icy_jade. I agree it is very disappointing. Shows people all over can be ugly. :(

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other thing I want to point out, people who do get vaccinated, who do not follow social distancing, feels like that is their right because it only affects them. That is not correct. Having an uncontrolled pandemic has far reaching affects through the society, and even other countries because we are all connected. One thing we are seeing is burnout in healthcare professionals due to working longer, harder, more dangerous hours due to Covid. Parts of the country are already seeing sufficient beds, but not enough staff to care for covid patients. This shortage impacts ability to provide preventative, routine care, surgeries, etc. Anyways what I am saying, maybe you don't get covid. But you have a heart attack, need a routine screening that might catch something wrong. By not getting vaccinated, that help might not be there for you when you need it. Its already happened to some. Last April my Dad had a medical emergency but it took 40 minutes to be admitted, because of the pandemic. He didn't make it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other thing I want to point out, people who do get vaccinated, who do not follow social distancing, feels like that is their right because it only affects them. That is not correct. Having an uncontrolled pandemic has far reaching affects through the society, and even other countries because we are all connected. One thing we are seeing is burnout in healthcare professionals due to working longer, harder, more dangerous hours due to Covid. Parts of the country are already seeing sufficient beds, but not enough staff to care for covid patients. This shortage impacts ability to provide preventative, routine care, surgeries, etc. Anyways what I am saying, maybe you don't get covid. But you have a heart attack, need a routine screening that might catch something wrong. By not getting vaccinated, that help might not be there for you when you need it. Its already happened to some. Last April my Dad had a medical emergency but it took 40 minutes to be admitted, because of the pandemic. He didn't make it.

I agree with you completely @partgypsy.
I am so sorry about your dad. :(

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9kThe other thing I want to point out, people who do get vaccinated, who do not follow social distancing, feels like that is their right because it only affects them. That is not correct. Having an uncontrolled pandemic has far reaching affects through the society, and even other countries because we are all connected. One thing we are seeing is burnout in healthcare professionals due to working longer, harder, more dangerous hours due to Covid. Parts of the country are already seeing sufficient beds, but not enough staff to care for covid patients. This shortage impacts ability to provide preventative, routine care, surgeries, etc. Anyways what I am saying, maybe you don't get covid. But you have a heart attack, need a routine screening that might catch something wrong. By not getting vaccinated, that help might not be there for you when you need it. Its already happened to some. Last April my Dad had a medical emergency but it took 40 minutes to be admitted, because of the pandemic. He didn't make it.

All of this is terrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyways we have so much data on this disease, and on the vaccines effiacacy and safety data. Millions of data points, close to a year follow up. To say, I don't trust Dr. Fauci, when he is a preeminent infectious disease expert (has literally wrote the book on infectious disease) has devoted his life to this, to saving lives (starting with Aids, as well as Sars), that we have someone like this at the helm, we should be thanking God! As a country we had the best minds working on this, and pulled off a modern day moonshot with these vaccines. Many many scientists and researchers working long exhausting hours this past year and a half. But, it's pearls before swine.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

That’s why I’ve been coloring my own hair. It’s. It perfect but safer. No one is wearing a mask it seems. I continue to wear a kn95 mask. I don’t think I can breathe in a n95. I tried it once many years ago when I was refinishing a piece of furniture. I couldn’t breathe…

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish people would stop continually politicizing this virus.

+1

The two things that I have little tolerance for:
- Those who intentionally skew facts or spread misinformation to promote a personal or political agenda
- Those who refuse both masking/physical distancing and the vaccine. It shows disregard for others.

In order to maintain personal freedom, we must practice social responsibility.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your family’s loss @Part Gypsy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results