shape
carat
color
clarity

911 call, lady locked in her car.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
38.gif
ummmmm okay I think that womens needs to take a drivers course or something.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
ohh boy..perhaps try AAA before 911 next time!?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I were just talking about this this morning. I worry about people.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I heard about this yesterday morning. I wonder if panic took over and she forgot how to think..... I was listening to a morning radio show and apparently they do a "Moron of the Week" contest where each of the hosts searchs the news for a candidate. This lady was somebody''s story. I had to get out of the car before they decided which of the three "morons" won, but I''d put money on her.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, that is funny. then again, after listening to it i found myself holding open the cabinet door looking for the cream....

in her defense, she sounds like she could be of the age where she learned to drive before cars went electronic - she just went with the flow when cars started in with the power stuff and not realized there are powerless fallbacks. poor woman! as funny as it is, i would feel so embarrassed that everyone is laughing at me!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one that was going around a few years ago... Not real life, but in light on this recent story, I think it''s appropriate.

Anyone remember "Blonde-Star"
http://www.whoomp.com/m/5728.html

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I feel bad for her. Sounds like she was having a panic attack and couldn''t think clearly. She will never live that one down with her family I''m sure.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
LOL

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard this on the radio yesterday, lol. Poor lady...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am gonna be totally honest here...

As funny as that sounds, late model cars that have the bells and whistles can be tricky sometimes. They lock and unlock and very little is focused on the operators actions. If she is an older lady, and did have a panic attack things can be really complicated.

I feel bad for her and I''d hate to think if that were my Grandmother or dad or mom people would be laughing at her and calling her a moron for an honest mistake.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 10:51:31 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I am gonna be totally honest here...

As funny as that sounds, late model cars that have the bells and whistles can be tricky sometimes. They lock and unlock and very little is focused on the operators actions. If she is an older lady, and did have a panic attack things can be really complicated.

I feel bad for her and I''d hate to think if that were my Grandmother or dad or mom people would be laughing at her and calling her a moron for an honest mistake.
Ditto... I wish I was that altruistic.. but COME ON! that is FUNNY! I think i even piddled a little...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
LOL TLH said Piddled hehehe

I do think she probably had a panic attack. I heard about this yesterday, and I have to admit that some new locks are not user friendly. SO''s truck''s lock is not one that can be pulled up... so you have to hit a button... and I always forget. Plus the passenger side always locks automatically when we get out, so I sometimes panic that the keys will be locked in

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 10:10:37 AM
Author: steph72276
I feel bad for her. Sounds like she was having a panic attack and couldn''t think clearly. She will never live that one down with her family I''m sure.
Ditto.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It annoys me that newer model cars lock and unlock themselves - - seemingly at whim. And if you cannot see clearly, those mini little icons that indicate ''lock'' and ''unlock'' can be nearly impossible to locate, if you aren''t used to them. She was just confused, poor thing. I''d hate for her to be that frantic while actually driving though . . .

On a similar note, I''m sure that I amused quite a few people at the local outlet mall Wednesday when I had to pull in and check to see if my lights were on. I was driving a different vehicle, as mine was in the shop, and could not find the dadgum lights on my dashboard. I was pushing just about every button, so I have an inkling of how frustrated she was. Standard use of the same exact icons from one car to the next would be great, wouldn''t it?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me glad that none of my "moments" have been caught on tape.
20.gif

And... it makes me wonder why whatever agency took this call thought it was important or appropriate to release it for entertainment. I''m sure there are plenty of missuses and abuses of emergency services that could be publicized, but... I''d hate for someone to second-guess themselves when they think they might be in danger because of the fear that they would look foolish if the tape is released.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the newer cars (especially the luxury ones) can be quite tricky. My hubby works in the auto industry and brings home a different car every week or so. I was taking our little one to school and went into the carpool line and couldn''t get the door unlocked. I had to call hubby to see how to do it and the unlock button was in the middle console instead of on the side by the door like I was used to. I''m sure the teacher thought I was a moron as well, but some of those are tricky!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s like 10 minutes from my mom''s house lmao
32.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 4:16:24 PM
Author: fieryred33143
OMG that''s like 10 minutes from my mom''s house lmao
32.gif
OMG, when I first opened this thread and saw your response... I thought I was in the NY Shooting thread.

I was like holy crepe, Fiery! You''re "LMAO"ing at that?
38.gif

Then I realized that''s NY, and you''re in FL, and realized what thread I was in.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results