shape
carat
color
clarity

9 weeks to go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF has kindly requested an update on the status of our bun in the oven.

Everything is going fine, except my wife is hoping that this is finally a girl and it doesn''t have one of those big noggins my family is famous for.
1.gif

Now, for those who like details, a wee bit about me:

I found the diamond forum world about two and one-half years ago when we were expecting our third child. I decided with our first that the requisite gift for child bearing is jewelry. I don''t know why. Maybe it is jewelry''s timelessness. Maybe it''s the fact that a new tires for the car don''t say "Thanks sweetie, I love you." quite like diamonds.

Anyway, the first kid brought a set of Tiffany earrings (good move). The second, a weighty gold necklace (not such a good move). While she was pregnant with the third, she lost the diamond out of her engagement ring. It was not her fault and she was crushed. After visiting about a dozen places in town, I realized that I was not finding what I wanted (in terms of color and clarity) and so I turned to the ''net. I ended up getting a great stone at a great price and, in the mean time, morphed into a diamond geek. Along the way I have "met" a lot of people and traded laughs and barbs with a host of characters. I have been educated about gemstones, politics, and literature - all in diamond forums.

Now we are in month 8 and counting. A fourth boy would be a blessing to be sure, but my wife would really like a girl (to whom she can pass on all this great jewelry). Anyway, I am looking for ideas for the birth gift. Up until now, my wife has had no say in the selections, but that may change with this one. I have so much fun picking things out that I figure it will be that much more fun together. I''m leaning toward something with the theme of four. Maybe a ring with four gemstones. Maybe a bracelet with four opals. Maybe maybe maybe. So many choices. There is a local jeweler I''d like to work with and though he''s the owner of a rather snooty shop, he''s a benchman by trade and is excited about creating a custom piece for us. I''m choking a little on paying high retail...but it''s only money.

Thanks for asking!
1.gif

R/A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results