shape
carat
color
clarity

9.8mm x 9.8mm... what carat weight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Another question, as I keep browsing through diamonds:

I know that when it comes to cushions a table in the mid-upper 50''s is great with a depth in the mid 60''s for great light performance (correct me if I''m wrong), but it seems like a lot of cushions I am finding have very similar depths and tables--

for example, depth- 61.8, table 60. or depth 63, table 64... the numbers themselves aren''t what i am dwelling on- i made them up, just wondering about having them be so similar.

is having the depth and table as such similar numbers a bad thing?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:58:37 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Another question, as I keep browsing through diamonds:

I know that when it comes to cushions a table in the mid-upper 50''s is great with a depth in the mid 60''s for great light performance (correct me if I''m wrong), but it seems like a lot of cushions I am finding have very similar depths and tables--

for example, depth- 61.8, table 60. or depth 63, table 64... the numbers themselves aren''t what i am dwelling on- i made them up, just wondering about having them be so similar.

is having the depth and table as such similar numbers a bad thing?

There are no hard and fast rules with cushions.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
thanks neatfreak, so i can assume from your response (that there are no hard fast rules on cushions) that a cushion with very similar depth and table percentages *could* be a great diamond?

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
yes! i saw the video a few hours ago... sent an email asking for prices and dimensions. those diamonds look great. at first view, i loved #2, 3 and 4. hopefully i will hear back tomorrow!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 7:37:10 PM
thanks neatfreak, so i can assume from your response (that there are no hard fast rules on cushions) that a cushion with very similar depth and table percentages *could* be a great diamond?

Yup! Just be careful with large tables and make sure you have seen enough cushions in person to really be able to make a good judgement.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
question for those of you who viewed the video geoffreysnow posted:

for diamonds #2 (4.5 ct K VS) and #4 (5 ct K VS)

do you guys notice hints of yellow? it seems like people sensitive to color notice the color in K diamonds.
I don''t notice any color-- they look colorless to me. Does that mean I am less color sensitive or does the video mask potential yellowness with all that !awesome! sparkle?

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
neatfreak: thanks for answering so many of my questions!

so, what would you define a large table as? anything above high 50''s?
also, can you explain why larger tables can be a bad thing?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:46:09 PM
question for those of you who viewed the video geoffreysnow posted:

for diamonds #2 (4.5 ct K VS) and #4 (5 ct K VS)

do you guys notice hints of yellow? it seems like people sensitive to color notice the color in K diamonds.

I don''t notice any color-- they look colorless to me. Does that mean I am less color sensitive or does the video mask potential yellowness with all that !awesome! sparkle?

I think the video masks it to an extent. You really need to see them in person in all different lighting conditions to know. I can see warmth in a K easily in most lights-and it''s easier to see in bigger stones as well.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Neats offering good counsel.

Here''s the thing LG... table/depth tells me absolutely *nothing*. Pavilion/crown angle combos ... lower half length tell me a whole lot more. Unfortunately this is not provided via the typical info you see online.

Diamonds with smaller tables/greater depths stand a *better chance* but again ... no guarantee.

I''ve seen complete dogs with depths in the mid 60''s and tables in the mid 50''s. As neatfreak said ... there is no hard fast rule. These guys *must* be seen.

Judging cushions by online info and even photography can be deceptive. I have chunky faceted cushions on hand that photograph *beautifully* but suffer in real world observation. An upcoming vidoe I''m producing will demonstrate this plainly. We''ll be in touch more tomorrow.

All the best,

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Rhino:
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results