shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB 8mm Round Stone Semi Mount

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I've been perusing all of the sites I can think of in search of a semi mount for an 8mm OEC. I am partial to platinum or white gold, but would consider rose gold as well. I open to different styles. Approximate ring size is 7.5.
Anyone have anything you might want to part with? Or could you point me in a direction I might've missed?
Thank you in advance for any leads. ;-)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a VC platinum mounting, size 8, for an 8.3mm center. It was made with pear sides, which I removed, but which I still have, should you be interested.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a VC platinum mounting, size 8, for an 8.3mm center. It was made with pear sides, which I removed, but which I still have, should you be interested.

Hi there @mrs-b Thank you so much for thinking of me! It's an absolutely perfect setting, really, but I wonder how the old cut stone would look with modern pears...And it's a low colored stone to boot! But oh, What a fabulous three stone though!!
Thank you again...:)

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MrsB - I may be interested! Do you know if your setting would work with a 8.3 square cushion?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I upgraded the stone. Frankly, I'm umming and ahhing about selling it.
It such a stunning setting! Can VC modify the setting for the new stone?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A2AE47C3-2BDA-406A-8218-12A2424F200D.jpeg I found a business seller on eBay called “mydiamondzone” and I’m sure another PSer has purchased from them. They have a huge range of vintage style ring mounts, very cheap too. This is the one I’m thinking about buying for my 8 mm sapphire. They have others with diamond and or sapphire/ ruby/ emerald accent stones. They are in the US.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A2AE47C3-2BDA-406A-8218-12A2424F200D.jpeg I found a business seller on eBay called “mydiamondzone” and I’m sure another PSer has purchased from them. They have a huge range of vintage style ring mounts, very cheap too. This is the one I’m thinking about buying for my 8 mm sapphire. They have others with diamond and or sapphire/ ruby/ emerald accent stones. They are in the US.

Thank you. I have checked them out. Are their settings nice and well made do you know? I’ll take another look see. Thank you.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I have checked them out. Are their settings nice and well made do you know? I’ll take another look see. Thank you.
I’m pretty sure they have their rings made in China but seeing as they are a well established business their quality must be satisfactory. Of course they arent comparable to a designer made / hand crafted ring but these are at a very good price point for a pre made ring mount.
I bought a China made ring mount off eBay a few years ago, and while a little “light on” in the gold dept, the melee (over 100 of them) are still firmly mounted in place despite over 2 years wear. And I’m rough on rings!
7A2752A2-D3B9-4A55-8893-882B11146E58.jpeg AAD4DD0B-3691-4FF9-82F6-33F057CC83F7.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results