shape
carat
color
clarity

Just how much can a setting be resized? if at all?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iceriffic

Rough_Rock
OK, this is my first post on PS.

So I''ve heard some horror stories about overstock.com and their jewelry, and I''ve heard stories that people had no problem with them.

The other night my girlfriend and I were looking around at settings online, she found this one on overstock, and she loves it. http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tacori-Platinum-CZ-1-2ct-TDW-Diamond-Wedding-Ring/2623288/product.html

They have it in her size, but the setting dimensions are pretty large. Dimensions: Setting: 8 mm L x 10 mm W x 7.5 mm H

Does anyone know the realm of possibility with getting a setting resized to quite a bit smaller?

Also has anyone bought a setting from overstock? how did it go?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because it's a full eternity it likely can't really be sized. But it does look like you can order in a few different sizes. What size did you need? If you add it to your cart it gives you a few size options.

Also make sure it fits the center stone size you want.

iceriffic

Rough_Rock
Well they have the size that will fit her finger.

But I'm worried that the center stone I want (can afford) is too small for the center setting.

Is it possible to resize the prongs to fit a smaller stone?

Thanks.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Hi, what a pretty ring! I have seen rings where the prongs could be adjusted to fit a different stone and it could be possible but I think it depends on the prongs and how much of a smaller diamond you''re considering and the diamond shape.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Who sets the stone when you buy off of overstock.com? I thought Tacori always preffered to set the main stone in their settings.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 2:14:41 PM
Author: iceriffic

But I'm worried that the center stone I want (can afford) is too small for the center setting.

Thanks.

How much smaller exactly? I am sure it can be modified a bit, but probably not a ton unless you can change out the head, which it looks like you probably can't here...

It's a bit risky.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 5:35:26 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/17/2008 2:14:41 PM
Author: iceriffic

But I''m worried that the center stone I want (can afford) is too small for the center setting.

Thanks.

How much smaller exactly? I am sure it can be modified a bit, but probably not a ton unless you can change out the head, which it looks like you probably can''t here...

It''s a bit risky.
Ditto, I would ask a jeweler, it depends on the setting; they probably can put a new head if the stone is too small but they could tell you best.

iceriffic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your comments, I contacted a local Tacori dealer, and they said just bring it in and they would see what they could do, and possibly send the ring to tacori if needed.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results