shape
carat
color
clarity

7-day proposal and a 'tacky' ring?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
So I took a quick look at her Instagram for some pics of that ring from other angles.

And really the only thing I’ve come away with is that this girl is completely incapable of standing on her two feet.

Like, literally, one leg must always be bent at the knee. Regardless of activity. Regardless of dress. Regardless of whether she’s vertical or horizontal.

It seems to be a very virulent amateur portrait photographer disease.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post oddly enough, reminded me of two contrasting scenes from romcom "Set it up" (look it up), which reminded me of a family member who was describing her travels in Crete. At one point she was taking this long hike up an elevation. The hike was longer than expected, she was tired but the views were elevating. When she reached the top she had some water and a boiled egg. She said it was the "best meal she ever had". Did she mean and plan that to be the best meal of her life? No, it just happened.
I sometimes feel these people spend so much time staging and planning their life for "perfect moments" they miss out on whatever would have been the real moments, too insecure or controlling to let their life unfold naturally, with its boring yes routine, as well as weird, odd, funny awkward, but also genuine moments. Whenever someone spends that much time trying to convince themselves (and other people) how happy and amazing their life is, it makes me wonder, do they feel lonely, something is missing if there is not a camera there, immediate feedback? It's like they are trying to compensate for something.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fear for our culture, and I'm not just saying that as an old bag who's out of touch. These boring, staged, fake and vacuous individuals (influencers?? The only thing they influence with me is my incressed need to gag) are people's heroes now.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
but @yssie every influencer has a signature pose ya know! o_O I mean yeah who cares if every pictures basically looks the same because you'll at least know you're looking at her feed. (oh wait that might be old people talk, they don't call them feeds do they?)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - clearly she watched the princess diaries (your foot has to pop) or someone told her it makes her look slimmer there must be some insane reason she always picks that pose....:lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ maybe it is her favorite pose and she feels she looks her best self?

My own favorite photos of myself all have a similar "look" and if I am sharing them (or allowing others to share them), those are the ones I choose to circulate. If you were to put them all together, they'd basically look the same albeit different surroundings and different outfits (and different ages) ... just sayin'

Throughout the ages there have always been influencers in society; today's happen to have access to 24/7 electronic platforms. Although I don't partake of what they offer (I don't do social media of any sort) I don't fault them for creating and perpetuating their public persona. People don't have follow them.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a very beautiful girl, and the ring is fabulous.
She keeps standing sideways to show off her butt implants.
I went way, way back on her instagram feed and the butt wasn't that big previously.
IMG_20191005_110735.jpg IMG_20191005_111254.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a very beautiful girl, and the ring is fabulous.
She keeps standing sideways to show off her butt implants.
I went way, way back on her instagram feed and the butt wasn't that big previously.
IMG_20191005_110735.jpg IMG_20191005_111254.jpg

LOL and there you have it folks. A beautiful girl on the outside and she was beautiful before all that work too. But she feels better and that is all that matters. Different strokes for different folks (and yup I still prefer animals. No pretense. Authentic).

But we all do what works best for us and that is OK. As @marymm wisely wrote we don't have to drink their koolaid if we don't want to. And if we do want to that is OK too. My personal motto is and always will be do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect me negatively in any way.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL and there you have it folks. A beautiful girl on the outside and she was beautiful before all that work too. But she feels better and that is all that matters. Different strokes for different folks (and yup I still prefer animals. No pretense. Authentic).

But we all do what works best for us and that is OK. As @marymm wisely wrote we don't have to drink their koolaid if we don't want to. And if we do want to that is OK too. My personal motto is and always will be do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect me negatively in any way.
I agree, Missy. I'm not disparaging her at all. She has good looks and a big diamond!
If she has work done, that's fine. People vary:dance:
Just commenting on the discussion about why she has that signature pose.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to laugh at the pretentiousness of most "influencers". But I honestly think a lot of them believe in their own hype and their lives really are like the staged photos they post.

Like this beauty blogger and her "impromptu" dancing session in Central Park, as captured by a hired professional photographer with telephoto lens, lmao.
Central-Park-IG-9-550x824@2x.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the whole thing is tacky. From the posed shots to the obviously photoshopped pictures - the whole thing is distasteful to me. I feel the same about beauty bloggers as well and frankly, instagram, snapchat, and youtube as a whole. Monetizing people's gullibility (especially young people's gullibility) leaves me cold. And you see more and more young people (Gen Z are apparently particularly vulnerable to this) actively seeking this out as a life path. It's sad.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won’t begrudge but also don’t buy into any ‘influencers’ who concoct a ‘career’ with all the phony, staged, insta-fab photos they post to gain ‘likes’, freebies, notoriety or whatever they get out of it all. If that’s what they need to do in order to feel relevant ... whatevs. Doesn’t really bother me because I don’t follow them nor buy whatever they are trying to ‘sell’, and they don’t pay my bills.

And yea, it’s sad/scary to think there are people who actually believe an influencer’s purported ‘reality’ is real; but it’s no different than - before the onslaught of social media - people who watched Dynasty, Friends, and other TV shows and thought everyone should live a fairy tale life and wake up looking perfectly put-together fresh out of bed. I have a mortgage, kids, and a wicked case of bed-head till close to 11:00 a.m. every day that keeps my perception of reality well ‘in-check’ ... and I’m pretty confident all these influencers do as well. :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah. I would be like day 1, dude, stop there. We have a house? A house we are going to live in. And you bought it without talking to me? How much did it cost? Did you get inspections. What's our mortgage and interest rates? Day 2) WHAT- you just bought a house and we now have big monthly payments, and you decided to book a expensive trip also without asking me? Day 7) OK, so let me guess you bought a big expensive ring without consulting me. I think I'm seeing a trend. My guess: they want a reality television show but no offers. So they are basically creating one by themselves to try to get some interest.

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy My guess: they want a reality television show but no offers
I looked them up after seeing this - he was previously engaged to a woman on a reality tv show (shahs of sunset), so I think you are spot on. He misses his reality show life.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won’t begrudge but also don’t buy into any ‘influencers’ who concoct a ‘career’ with all the phony, staged, insta-fab photos they post to gain ‘likes’, freebies, notoriety or whatever they get out of it all. If that’s what they need to do in order to feel relevant ... whatevs. Doesn’t really bother me because I don’t follow them nor buy whatever they are trying to ‘sell’, and they don’t pay my bills.

And yea, it’s sad/scary to think there are people who actually believe an influencer’s purported ‘reality’ is real; but it’s no different than - before the onslaught of social media - people who watched Dynasty, Friends, and other TV shows and thought everyone should live a fairy tale life and wake up looking perfectly put-together fresh out of bed. I have a mortgage, kids, and a wicked case of bed-head till close to 11:00 a.m. every day that keeps my perception of reality well ‘in-check’ ... and I’m pretty confident all these influencers do as well. :lol:

I don't know if begrudge is the right word....I'm generally a live and let live people but I really hate how this type of self-promoting behavior creates unrealistic expectations in other people, especially in young girls. What this couple is doing is not benign imho.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if begrudge is the right word....I'm generally a live and let live people but I really hate how this type of self-promoting behavior creates unrealistic expectations in other people, especially in young girls. What this couple is doing is not benign imho.

I understand how/why you feel that way, but IMO it’s Really no different than what we/kids see on television or movies. In the grand scheme of things, I just don’t think it’s truly hurting anyone who invests a couple brain cells to realize this couple is merely portraying a fantasy just like other forms of media, and we all have the ability to turn it off and/or block it. And as far as ‘our’ kids are concerned that’s where I feel like it’s my parental responsibility to educate them on the same.

I see real people who do ‘real’ things everyday that concern me far more that I wish I could ‘turn off’ as easily as social media.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand how/why you feel that way, but IMO it’s Really no different than what we/kids see on television or movies. In the grand scheme of things, I just don’t think it’s truly hurting anyone who invests a couple brain cells to realize this couple is merely portraying a fantasy just like other forms of media, and we all have the ability to turn it off and/or block it. And as far as ‘our’ kids are concerned that’s where I feel like it’s my parental responsibility to educate them on the same.

I see real people who do ‘real’ things everyday that concern me far more that I wish I could ‘turn off’ as easily as social media.
I do believe social media can exacerbate feelings of inadequacy. I have to say that I really don’t have patience for people who suffer social media enforced complexes, though. There’s such an easy way to end the angst - remove your accounts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do believe social media can exacerbate feelings of inadequacy. I have to say that I really don’t have patience for people who suffer social media enforced complexes, though. There’s such an easy way to end the angst - remove your accounts!

LOL and yes I agree. But remember FOMO is such a strong pull...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

i agree we should all be able to turn it off but it's not that always that easy. a lot of kids / young adults don't have responsible, sensible parents to guide them. and even if they do, they can still have the peer pressure to do/get an "insta-worthy" prom invite, proposal, ring, bday party etc. it seeps out into real life even if you block it personally.

lol won't be long before someone invents a "mute" button for real life ;-)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t read all the comments but I do know a few people personally that hire photographers to take pictures of them wherever they go. It just seems so weird to me. One of them is a nurse I worked with in NY. She travels frequently and always has the best pics. She always posts the website/company that she uses too. Something like sweetescapes or similar sounding. I always wondered how much they charge.
Once we went to a company party and another person in our group (our unit secretary) hires a personal photographer to take pictures of us. I felt like I had to act more inappropriate that I normally would (which isn’t very hard). Afterwards I appreciated the pictures that were captured bc we normally wouldn’t have taken that many or as good pics.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t read all the comments but I do know a few people personally that hire photographers to take pictures of them wherever they go. It just seems so weird to me. One of them is a nurse I worked with in NY. She travels frequently and always has the best pics. She always posts the website/company that she uses too. Something like sweetescapes or similar sounding. I always wondered how much they charge.
I've actually been wondering if this sort of thing could be a good way to make some money from photography - work a niche, and all that!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've actually been wondering if this sort of thing could be a good way to make some money from photography - work a niche, and all that!
I’m sure it can be lucrative. I did go on the website after I posted this. Prices were anywhere from $75 to $400 starting. I think starting price was for one hour. Prices varies depending on the location. Certain Asian countries were cheap. Europe was more money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results