shape
carat
color
clarity

7-day proposal and a 'tacky' ring?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this story and thought it might be of interest in terms of the rock! lol (Not sure if it's already been posted - if so, please let me know!)

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/infl...proposal-mocked-for-engagement-ring-10810873/

I can't stand 'influencers' and other such vacuous 'occupations', especially those who are loaded enough to have no cares whatsoever in terms of not needing to work for a living :rolleyes: so 'meh' to the story and those involved, but the rock is certainly not small!

video: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2X7mYdl4AN/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just another reason I prefer animals over people (there are exceptions to the rule and some awesome humans) most of the time.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has 1.8 million followers so someone must be buying into that s@#*
The correct response to that is 'WTAF??' :lol:

I had a look at some of her other IG posts - it appears to be a collection of meticulously posed, carefully organised, 'perfect' make-up/hair/clothes/location/friends/partner shots, none of which look anything other than completely staged and are probably one shot taken out of the fifty it took to get it spot-on :lol:

What a waste of a life, spending it trying to 'be' something IMVHO - why not just be yourself, flaws and all?

I'm not sure if that's the saddest thing or the people following it (and presumably thinking it is real / achievable) are the saddest thing??

[/bitchy mode]

lol

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the ring real? What do they mean by tacky? Lol. Size will never be tacky to me. I don't watch these kind of people at all, but I'm all for bling, even if it's not "real".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a waste of a life, spending it trying to 'be' something IMVHO - why not just be yourself, flaws and all?

Agree completely. That is the million dollar question. Why indeed. It's exhausting and it's so much nicer to just be you IMO. But it is just our opinion.

beyourself.jpeg

If this makes her happy that's her business. Just because it seems exhausting to us doesn't mean it doesn't work for her I guess. #liveandletlive #nojudgments

Size will never be tacky to me

+1

whatamilookingat

Rough_Rock
I didn't know anything about them until I did a quick search. I don't know, people are being pretty mean about her ring. I'm not into all of these influencers and their lifestyles or anything (I admit to mocking their oh so staged posts with bits of "wisdom" always attached with my husband), but the harshness over the ring seems a bit much. I kind of like it.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a lovely oval diamond - me, I absolutely love it!

I know nothing about this couple, but I hope they are in love with each other and I wish them well.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg..someone needs to tell her to join this site. We will tell her the real deal. Freakin gorgeous ring. Wish it were mine. Anyone hating on it is so jealous the are dying inside.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a big stone, however I do not find the ring tacky or gaudy.

I have seen worse, a lot worse! :roll2:

DK :))

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
people are being mean b/c unless her boyfriend is a multi multi multi multi millionnaire that ring is fake or clarity enhanced or something else that is being used for show. and whether real or not it's being used to inspire envy. i'm guess the haters/complainers are tired of the unrealistic images & lifestyles portrayed on social media. there was an "influencer" in china who was called out by her landlady for unpaid rent and a disgustingly dirty apartment, so out of tune with the image she portrayed online. i keep my instagram viewing to jewelry & art - the objects, not the influencers, b/c i'd no doubt be hating on stuff like this in no time. :lol:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the ring real? What do they mean by tacky? Lol. Size will never be tacky to me. I don't watch these kind of people at all, but I'm all for bling, even if it's not "real".

Unless they have family money, I doubt the ring is real. Or if it is, it’s a terrible financial decision. They’re not the level of influencer famous that gets them that kind of money.

I know several influencers and most are living on debt and buying things to take photos then returning them. You have to be suuuper big time to make more than about $40k/year plus non-designer freebies. No one I know makes anything more than freebies despite in some cases hundreds of thousands of followers.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I don't find the ring tacky. I find the way that girl dresses really tacky.....yes I'm a prude and I own it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this whole "industry" or "lifestyle" tacky. Only doing something so you can get a picture to post on a platform to get "likes". It's honestly really sad to me. But for a bunch of ladies who said they'd be devastated and break up with someone over a MMD, I'm surprised people are jumping to love this ring lol.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I am anti social-media, there's no substance, no intelligence, and little benefit in these sorts of circumstances (the whole beauty/fashion blogger, only doing things for "likes" and attention). Nothing against her and the excess of her engagement, I just find it extraordinarily tacky. Have a grand engagement, wear your ring, and live your life but don't brag and make up scenes to attract attention and make young people believe that should be reality.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am anti social-media, there's no substance, no intelligence, and little benefit in these sorts of circumstances (the whole beauty/fashion blogger, only doing things for "likes" and attention). Nothing against her and the excess of her engagement, I just find it extraordinarily tacky. Have a grand engagement, wear your ring, and live your life but don't brag and make up scenes to attract attention and make young people believe that should be reality.

Social media fuels unrealistic expectations...things that have changed dramatically in the last few years: proposals, asking someone out to prom, wedding/baby showers/sprinkles, bachelorette parties, gender reveal parties, children's bday parties, adult's bday celebrations, etc etc etc etc it's exhausting to think about :lol:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think they are a cute couple but the only thing I dont like about the oval is that it is squatty looking and has a bow tie.

whatamilookingat

Rough_Rock
Social media fuels unrealistic expectations...things that have changed dramatically in the last few years: proposals, asking someone out to prom, wedding/baby showers/sprinkles, bachelorette parties, gender reveal parties, children's bday parties, adult's bday celebrations, etc etc etc etc it's exhausting to think about :lol:
I agree with this. Sometimes it feels like it's all just one big show with everyone trying to outdo everyone else. The whole idea of promposals is just so....I'm glad I'm not a teenager because that constant pressure has got to be unreal. It's like every kid is a minor celebrity now and always has to be "on." Also, I'm not a big fan of the whole post a sexy picture of yourself and attach a famous quote to make yourself seem deeper than you are thing that people seem to love to do now.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sure is... something.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably an unpopular opinion based on the forum we are in... but I think the ring is ridiculous. The size rivals Kim West and Victoria Beckham's engagement rings :roll:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Quite egg-like. The part that confuses me a tad...why halo such a large diamond? Needs more coverage?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t think the ring size or style is tacky. I don’t get the “influencer” stuff though. That lifestyle would not appeal to me.

I would love to wear the ring ( well a real natural Unenhanced diamond version of that ring, in my ring size set in platinum of course! )

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, I'm not a big fan of the whole post a sexy picture of yourself and attach a famous quote to make yourself seem deeper than you are thing that people seem to love to do now.

That and posting stacks of self-help books or motivational/inspiration quotes either over pics of yourself or sunsets or whatever are my top cringe-inducing social media things. I find them more offputting than people sharing exhaustive amounts of photos of childbirth (also a thing I don’t need to see from anyone, but esp distant acquaintances, work colleagues, etc).

whatamilookingat

Rough_Rock
That and posting stacks of self-help books or motivational/inspiration quotes either over pics of yourself or sunsets or whatever are my top cringe-inducing social media things. I find them more offputting than people sharing exhaustive amounts of photos of childbirth (also a thing I don’t need to see from anyone, but esp distant acquaintances, work colleagues, etc).
Haha exactly. If you want to post a picture of yourself looking hot, whatever. Just don't try to make me think you want me to like your picture because of your intellect and wisdom. This sounds bad, but sometimes when I'm messing around with my husband I'll look whistfully off into the distance, maybe pout my lips a little, and breathlessly say "Eleanor Roosevelt....I don't actually have an inspirational quote because I'm in too much of a hurry for you to look at my picture, but Eleanor Roosevelt." She said some stuff, no? Yes, I'm a big dork and enjoy terrible jokes. That said, I would wear her ring if it were real and we had the money.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg..someone needs to tell her to join this site. We will tell her the real deal. Freakin gorgeous ring. Wish it were mine. Anyone hating on it is so jealous the are dying inside.
i don't know why but google throws these kind of trash articles at me all the time
but i agree its jealously saying a ring is too big
but its just plain mean to criticize her ring directly like her 'followers' have, no matter its size
people can be so mean
why not be just happy for a newly engaged person ( couple i mean) no matter what the size or whatever of the ring
there is also a lot of ignorance on the internet (not here =)2)

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think the ring size or style is tacky. I don’t get the “influencer” stuff though. That lifestyle would not appeal to me.

I would love to wear the ring ( well a real natural Unenhanced diamond version of that ring, in my ring size set in platinum of course! )

At a diamond district retailer I once saw a gentleman picking up a ring that was about the same size. A slimmer oval set in a sleek, minimalist platinum setting. I managed to act like a lady and cooly compliment his lovely taste but dear lord did I ever want to stick my nose in the ring box and gape over that thing.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of influencers. There’s nothing real about the lives they portray and I immensely dislike how narcissism has become socially acceptable.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3D680123-5C55-4A3C-87E9-16587364E8C9.jpeg 883DD9DB-DC61-4567-9B9C-EE0A5C383D6D.jpeg 572E6443-C926-4BC1-9C4C-B14D784EC9A6.jpeg B8275688-66D4-4FEF-B10D-954D0EFAD7B0.jpeg 56BF299F-1B0C-4818-81F3-9317D41E392C.jpeg 2040345D-017B-4386-87E8-55DB0B7B4CB7.jpeg

So I took a quick look at her Instagram for some pics of that ring from other angles.

And really the only thing I’ve come away with is that this girl is completely incapable of standing on her two feet.

Like, literally, one leg must always be bent at the knee. Regardless of activity. Regardless of dress. Regardless of whether she’s vertical or horizontal.

It seems to be a very virulent amateur portrait photographer disease.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy for them but I do honestly question if the ring is real... :think: ie. real diamond because that is legit like BEYONCE size and even as an influencer I cannot imagine they are that wealthy. :confused: It's a little too large & gaudy for me personally but I respect those who can rock it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results