shape
carat
color
clarity

groom''s wedding outfit??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, I need your help please
1.gif
Fi is not sure what he wants to wear to the wedding, but definitely not a tux. He asked me for suggestions, so of COURSE I will pass that question on to you intelligent folks!

My own thought was tan pants, with a light cream shirt and a dark tan blazer. No tie (the other thing Fi doesn''t want to wear
20.gif
, but maybe I can convince him otherwise). I figured seperates would be better than a suit since he rarely/never has the occasion to wear a suit.

Anyone with other suggestions, or can you find pics of what i''m describing so I can show Fi? I can''t seem to find any. Thanks a million!

PS The wedding is "classic and understated" but not too informal. Can I say "comfortable-dressy"? The ceremony is at a floral conservatory and the reception is in a private room at a restaurant. My dress is an ivory satin ballgown, it''s posted here

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
The brown family? Or is black an option?

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Black is an option - browns popped into my head first since i''m wearing ivory, but black is very nice. Especially if one piece is black! For some reason I lean away from suits, not sure why
33.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
That is a very nice look Stephanie! Thanks! The material doesn''t really matter, as long as he looks good he''ll be happy!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
What season is your wedding in? For our outdoor/summer ceremony, we didn''t want to do tuxes and but we also wanted a level of formality. We looked into choosing suits instead, but it still came down to the warmth factor. My consultant at our bridal store suggested tuxes without the jacket - the idea freaked me out at first, but in the end, I really liked the look. We did full-back black vests for all the groomsmen and the usher. Might work as a compromise?

Here''s our wedding party, so you can see how it looked together:

320_653-1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Shoot, I just read closer and saw that he''s anti- tie...I''m not sure how a vest would look sans tie
7.gif
The blazer would probably be a better look, then.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results