shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with digital camera- canon powershot S5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shuport

Rough_Rock
I just bought the canon powershot S5 and need help trying to figure how to set it to take good photo''s of diamond rings. I am horrible at
17.gif
understanding directions. It all seems so technical and complicated. Can anyone tell me how to set it to take the best photo''s. I also ordered a white tent box but I am waiting for it to arrive. Please HELP!!! Thanks so much, Lisa

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
macro mode (not super macro)
flash off
zone 3/4 of the way out.
lens 12-14 inches from the stone
try different lighting
crop as needed
resize as needed
Done.

shuport

Rough_Rock
Thank you soooooooooooooooo much, i am so discouraged and frustrated. I''ll try your tips tomorrow. Thank you a billion times for responding. I"ll let you know how it goes. Lisa

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
While I''m thinking about it I wanted to add...
This camera uses center focus and center metering in marco mode so put the diamond in the center of the image.
You can later crop it if you want to follow the rule of thirds, once you know your camera better you can use exposure and focus lock to get around that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results