shape
carat
color
clarity

6.75mm or larger diameter RB for $3000?

seedslinger

Rough_Rock
Any chance? Or am I dreaming?

I have an heirloom illusion setting that requires a 1.25 ct stone, but I my comfortable budget is 3k for a diamond.

Any thoughts?

I think my only chance is a low-color, eye-clean SI2, EGL.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really possible...could you put a colored stone in the setting? Is this for an engagement ring?

Edit - you can keep a look out on ebay...or go with a low EGL. Try to stick with EGL-USA.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well - how low are you willing to go? And would you be willing to consider an old-cut stone, or a second-hand stone? If so, I'd contact Jewels by Erica Grace, Old World Diamonds, etc., and see what they might have on hand ....

seedslinger

Rough_Rock
I would for sure consider an old/second-hand stone. I am gosh darn bargain shopper!

I have been looking at JBEG and Old World alot and Ebay.

Maybe I need to make some calls...

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do feel like you get better results calling - sometimes, they have stuff onhand that they haven't listed yet, or pieces in the pipeline they've been wavering on. And, in the meantime, quite happy to poke around and see what can be found for you ....

ETA: Infinity Diamonds might be another one to contact: at present, their best candidate is $500 out of budget and .03 mm shy of the mark (though, a good bench might be able to make that work): http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=488

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I did some searches on ebay. I looked in the vintage section for 2nd hand stones. You woud have to go under or just at a carat to find anything decent with acceptable clarity and color from a trustworthy seller. Anything larger (1.25+) would be over $4,000. And much in that category does not come with any GIA, egl certification, so it is a cr*p shoot.

I also checked in the loose diamond section. Much of what is there are drop shippers that must be copying off of the Pricescope listings. And in almost every case, the prices are higher than what is listed in the Pricescope data base.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results