shape
carat
color
clarity

5mm cabochon matched pairs

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Pictures please! I'm a fan of purple so I'd probably set the ammys. But you should set the colors you think you will wear the most!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ammy's are a great idea!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! They look great! I especially like them with your diamond jackets! Do you need an especially skilled jeweler to do the settings, or should a reputable local jeweler be able to do it?

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
One more question do your bezel studs fit in your jackets? Are the jackets IDJ 3pts for 5mm studs? I asked a question a while back on the SMTB page about how to plan to build a collection and the responses I got were not that helpful (nice but didn't really get that I wanted to actually plan it all out and then purchase). I'm have a bigish birthday coming up and I'm hoping for diamond earrings but trying to decide if I should get 5mm or 6mm and if I should bezel or not. What do you think, if I also want to have colored stones and wear everything with the same pair of jackets?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! They look great! I especially like them with your diamond jackets! Do you need an especially skilled jeweler to do the settings, or should a reputable local jeweler be able to do it?
Thank you TheElms:wavey:
I do think you need a skilled jeweler to do the settings. I have IDJewelry do them because I love their claws, and I saw how beautifully Yennyfire's came out when they did them.
One more question do your bezel studs fit in your jackets? Are the jackets IDJ 3pts for 5mm studs? I asked a question a while back on the SMTB page about how to plan to build a collection and the responses I got were not that helpful (nice but didn't really get that I wanted to actually plan it all out and then purchase). I'm have a bigish birthday coming up and I'm hoping for diamond earrings but trying to decide if I should get 5mm or 6mm and if I should bezel or not. What do you think, if I also want to have colored stones and wear everything with the same pair of jackets?
Yes the studs fit nicely into the jackets for 5mm. They're like googly eyes :lol:o_O. My jackets are 3 pointers. I originally wanted 5 pointers but ac117 and Yekutiel both agreed that 3 pointers would suit me better.

Studs - for diamonds, I'd suggest getting the biggest ones your budget allows. I actually would suggest diamond hoops as a more budget friendly way to get big bling look for less. I love my 5 stone hoops and my bigger hoops.

Take your time building your collection. Perhaps let budget dictate which piece to buy next. The hunt is the best part!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The sapphire color is perfect. I have some oval cab sapphire studs a similar color and they are like little dewdrops on my ears.

I am planning a set like this with 6mm cabs - I've been trying to collect finished earrings but it's hard especially since I like high-dome cabochons. The set sapphires you have are high-dome - are most of the others?

And do you have a side profile or angle of the studs in the jackets?

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Studs - for diamonds, I'd suggest getting the biggest ones your budget allows. I actually would suggest diamond hoops as a more budget friendly way to get big bling look for less.

I'm really not a hoops person. If I get the biggest ones budget allows that would probably mean they wouldn't fit in the 5mm jackets. (I think I have about 5k to spend so I was thinking I could probably get something near 1.5ctw, excellent cut, lower color, SI1, right?)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really not a hoops person. If I get the biggest ones budget allows that would probably mean they wouldn't fit in the 5mm jackets. (I think I have about 5k to spend so I was thinking I could probably get something near 1.5ctw, excellent cut, lower color, SI1, right?)
Ooo let me take a look around! I love spending other people's money!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Ooo let me take a look around! I love spending other people's money!

Birthday isn't for another 9 months! My husband had asked what I'd like (he tends to ask early so he can save up!) and we were discussing what might be a reasonable budget. We are uber boring like that! My plan was to send him off to PS and tell him to ask for PS quality in a 4 prong martini setting.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
May I play? :appl:

I have one skittles earrings. It's orange spessartite flavored. :dance:

image.jpeg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all of this skittles eye candy!:love:

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
@Seaglow i like them bezel set! Do you have a side view. Such a good orange! Orange skittles aren't my favorite to eat but yours sure like yummy!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to do two pairs of skittles next. I'm going with your suggestions - amethyst and orange skittles! :lickout:

Should I do the citrine for my orange flavor or the hessonite? The citrine is more yellow orange while the hessonite is more red orange.
image.jpg image.jpg

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the hessonite, no particular reason, just like the color better.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My vote goes to the hessonites for colour too. I love the diamond jackets. They look like flower petals!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote goes to the hessonites for colour too. I love the diamond jackets. They look like flower petals!
Majority rules! Hessonite it is!:appl:

I'm so happy that you see the jackets as flower petals too! This is what drew me to scalloped jackets like these!:love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the cabs in the earring jackets. After I get jackets for my studs, I'm now inspired to get some cabs next. PS effect is so bad.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hessonite!

I also plan to get jackets. Lol.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hessonite!

I also plan to get jackets. Lol.
Yes those little cabs get cold so you need to get them jackets!:lol:
Love the cabs in the earring jackets. After I get jackets for my studs, I'm now inspired to get some cabs next. PS effect is so bad.
Yes 1-800-we-enable!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
I'm on the cab / jacket earring bandwagon ... other project in the works at the moment though :(

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to show my new skittles - hessonite and amethyst! Blue is sapphire.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Swoon! Love the ammys!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooohhhh all my favorite colors! They look like candy! :love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cute and pretty! Love the hessonites!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous. I love the ammys and I bet they look amazing in the jackets. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results