color
clarity

B

Betty Baguette

Just...how?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Filters!! Lighting!! In terms of their flawless complexion.
Their bodies—if your career depended on looking that fit, you probably would do the work too.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh, who cares?
I don't even know who the Kyle lady is. Never heard of her.
Don't compare yourself to these people.

They pay a lot of money to look good (lipo, boob job, capped teeth, etc) and they must look picture perfect at all times. The pressure!
They don't eat real food either.

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JLo she just works out like crazy, otherwise she would be bigger (because of genetics...)
The other one is naturally more skinny, easier to maintain and less workout needed.

Bodies can look like that just by working out consistently.

Their faces are not natural, lots of work.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can be plenty hot at 54 without a perfect gym body or facial plastic surgery -- no need to look like a 27-year-old. I know what I'm taking about here.

As my spouse says about all those "How to Look Great at [XX age]" clickbait posts, the surest way is, seemingly, to have been a supermodel in your 20s.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can be plenty hot at 54 without a perfect gym body or facial plastic surgery -- no need to look like a 27-year-old. I know what I'm taking about here.

Agree completely.
IRL I know many "hot" women in their 50s. MANY. Who have not had plastic surgery on any part.

Plus, I think women (and men) look best when their appearance is natural and their faces are not wrinkle free and devoid of all expression. Big lips, fillers, no wrinkles on the forehead or around the eyes. Not my cup of tea...But that's my personal view and of course as with all things YMMV

IMO 50 (for many of us) really is the new 30 :)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Agree completely.
IRL I know many "hot" women in their 50s. MANY. Who have not had plastic surgery on any part.

Plus, I think women (and men) look best when their appearance is natural and their faces are not wrinkle free and devoid of all expression. Big lips, fillers, no wrinkles on the forehead or around the eyes. Not my cup of tea...But that's my personal view and of course as with all things YMMV

IMO 50 (for many of us) really is the new 30 :)

I agree. I've seen beautiful women I thought: Oh wow, when I'm older I want to look like that. Every single one of them has aged naturally. It makes me sad when people say that wrinkles are not beautiful. They are.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The above-mentioned women have the means to have unlimited access to the best chefs, trainers and yes, Drs. They also have the most important luxury of abundances of time to devote to being healthy, when most women their age are spending their time just getting by with real life.

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Totally achievable if you put in the work. I got in the best shape of my life for my Cabo vacation this year. Took months of working out 5 days a week, with low carb eating…but yes, I felt comfort strutting around in a 2 piece for the first time since I gave birth to my youngest 19 years ago. With the life of celebrities, who are always in the spotlight and going on bikini worthy vacations, it would be a no brainer that they do this probably most of their lives. That being said, I’m ‘only’ 51, we’ll see if I can still rack a 2 piece at 54

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
See what she wrote:

“That’s it. I’m not going to have bad carbs — no sugar, no pasta, no bread, no alcohol. And I’m going to work out every single day”

Most of us normal humans don’t do this lol.

I'm a slim person and I don't do that. I don't drink alcohol at all but I love the mother of all sugars, coca cola.
I believe one can eat anything - in moderation!

Sometimes I feel these celebs make it seem like it's extremely hard to look fit by telling the normal folk all these ridiculous things they do. You don't need all that stuff, or you can learn about nutrition and how to work out by researching online.

For example if you work out every day, your body won't be able to recover (or you can injure yourself) and feel tired all the time.

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone has mentioned genetics other than @Gloria27 . I think that has something to do with it as well. It is harder for some people than others. I've never really had a weight problem, 5 pounds up or down (other than pregnancy and that weight was gone in 5 weeks). My daughter has her father's body and tends to put on weight easily and it's hard for her to keep it off. Genetics definitely play into this equation IMO.
Most of us normal humans don’t do this lol.

Agree, I have neither the will, or will power.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I can't imagine what it's like to be constantly scrutinized over my face and body like JLo is. Her dedication certainly is admirable but the pressure must be suffocating. What will happen to her if she ever joined us mere mortals? The media will have a field day even though I suspect she will always be just gorgeous.

As for previous comments about natural beautiful women beyond 20s- I will share the story of my father telling me decades ago that a woman can't be truly beautiful until she reaches 40 and beyond. As a 20ish year old I found that ridiculous and thought he was crazy. As a 45 year old I definitely see now what he means. The confidence and self knowledge we only truly gain as we mature is the missing ingredient that youth doesn't have. That is the difference between being pretty and being beautiful, imo. I will take the beauty of my current decade and the ones to come over what youth provided any day of the week.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for previous comments about natural beautiful women beyond 20s- I will share the story of my father telling me decades ago that a woman can't be truly beautiful until she reaches 40 and beyond. As a 20ish year old I found that ridiculous and thought he was crazy. As a 45 year old I definitely see now what he means. The confidence and self knowledge we only truly gain as we mature is the missing ingredient that youth doesn't have. That is the difference between being pretty and being beautiful, imo. I will take the beauty of my current decade and the ones to come over what youth provided any day of the week.

Beautifully stated.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm a slim person and I don't do that. I don't drink alcohol at all but I love the mother of all sugars, coca cola.

Sometimes I feel these celebs make it seem like it's extremely hard to look fit by telling the normal folk all these ridiculous things they do. You don't need all that stuff, or you can learn about nutrition and how to work out by researching online.

For example if you work out every day, your body won't be able to recover (or you can injure yourself) and feel tired all the time.

I work out 4-5 days a week – three days cardio two days weight training. Before I ever began training like that I was still naturally petite. But in order to have that sculpted body like abs and very defined muscles, you have to really be committed and diet is a big part as well as ALOT of working out. So my 1 hr a day for 4-5 days does not produce results like that. Jennifer Aniston comes to mind because she is so sculpted and also in her 50s. And I read an interview and it sounds as if her diet is very strict as well as her workout routine.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone has mentioned genetics other than @Gloria27 . I think that has something to do with it as well. It is harder for some people than others. I've never really had a weight problem, 5 pounds up or down (other than pregnancy and that weight was gone in 5 weeks). My daughter has her father's body and tends to put on weight easily and it's hard for her to keep it off. Genetics definitely play into this equation IMO.

Appreciate everything you’ve said. But gloria27 is a total ******* and fat-shamed me so I’m never willing to let her bullshit go.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
There are so many factors.

Half a lifetime ago, I stayed thin and toned without doing anything special at all, except maybe chain smoke haha. I truly didn't understand how anyone could even get overweight. I thought they must stuff their faces nonstop when no one was watching. Omg the arrogance of youth.

A couple/few of decades and a couple of kids later, I have to put in a whole lot more time and effort for far less results. And if I get at all lazy and fall off, it soon shows. Metabolism slows with age and most of us probably have less than perfect habits.

Wrinkles and sagging, there's lots of individual variation there too, from genes to skin tone to if you smoked and laid out in the sun in your youth, to weight gain and loss and pregnancies.

With cosmetic procedures, I feel like a little can often bring about what most people would probably consider improvement for us older gals. But it is also easy to overdo, to a point where imo it no longer looks good. Personally, I don't think a 54 year old with a 20 year old's face is a good look.

Also, on any forum I've ever been on, I think discussions about fitness, diet, weight, aging for women have been more likely to end in a fight than any other topic. :lol-2:

Women get so much sh*t about it all. Lots of triggers with this topic, understandably.

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
monarch64, yo, chill!
You can keep my bull$hit if you want, I let go of yours, 'cause I got better things to do.

Folks I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results