shape
carat
color
clarity

50''s Brides Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Okay guys, now I need some help -- I loved the thread on glamorous hair and know that you can help me... My dress (which I can''t get the pictures to upload for some reason) is a tea-length strapless ivory with lace overlay and a swingy skirt. I want my whole day to be fun and relaxed, so I want to go for a happy 50''s style maybe with an open-toe pump and a birdcage veil, I''m just having some trouble finding ideas about how to put it together. I''ve searched, but what I find always end up being very vamp-y glamorous type styles, and what I''m looking for is kind of cookie-cutter June Cleaveresque . Anyone with any sites or thoughts that could help would be appreciated - I know you guys have something stashed away --

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
So it won''t let me put pics of me up, but it let me do the stock photo -- My dress is in ivory, and since I have more hips my skirt would up being more swingy but you can get the idea --

dress_139254.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ll bite. I''d do a cage veil or pill box hat. If you want to be a little more daring you could try feathers. There''s some info here:
http://www.headpieces.com/
and more here.

The shoe thing is a little tricker, maybe a high mary-jane instead of a peep-toe?
Super cute peep-toe slingbacks

Hmmm... I''m not finding anything else right away... I think it''s a great idea, maybe a shear wrap or jacket to tie it together?
Good luck!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock

I wish I could be at your wedding, it sounds like it will be FUN! I think the birdcage or short veil would be great, with pearls, maybe some kid gloves? Maybe a bowtie for the groom or groomsmen, and something tea length for the bridesmaids with maybe a neckscarf or more pearls? I think a nosegay bouquet for you, a tiered all white wedding cake, and if you can manage it, a 1950s car to take you away from the ceremony with a big Just Married on the back of it!!! :) Of course, these are ONLY ideas!

I attached a compilation of pics I had found of 1950s era stuff...please excuse the green and orange dress, I just thought the neck line was interesting (and would be a quick attachment to a modern dress to give it a vintage feel)! I can't wait to see what you come up with, make sure you post lots of pics!

50scollection.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I LOVE your dress! Who''s the designer, do you have links to a webpage?

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
the one on the right reminded me of your dress with a fun pink "underskirt" (?)...(why do these girls all look like they're 12?!)

cosmobride_magazine_dec_jan07.jpg

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Blingerrr -- You are AWESOME - Thank you Thank you Thank you so much for all the ideas I love them all

My dress, believe it or not, came from David''s Bridal -- I know, I know, I was shocked -- Had bought a Watter''s gown and was really excited about it, but was in David''s for a BM dress trial and saw my dress, tried it on just for kicks, and thought I was going to die I loved it so much so I walked out with it under $250 tax and all -- And that last picture is exactly what I''m looking for!!!! Like I said, I kept finding like Marilyn Monroe type brides, you know all gorgeous and perfect, which I am definitely not lol...

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a link that lets you see the bottom and back of the dress --

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2039&prodgroup=123

When I started dress shopping I wanted a tea-length, but I had so much trouble finding one that I finally chose my first dress because I didn''t like any that I had seen -- David''s actually has several really pretty tea-length gowns if you''re looking for that
Everyone had talked about the fabric not looking the best in pics, but with the lace overlay I think it will photgraph beautifully --

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s absolutely perfect!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I am a while away from getting married (working on the ering still) but I was thinking of a small and fun summer wedding, and this dress is absolutely perfect! I was thinking of something with a lace overlay, and I have my grandmother''s 3-strand pearls that I wanted to wear (something old) and a single stand pearl headband, which would really go with this type of dress...I didn''t even think of the 50''s era type thing until I saw your post and now I think I might be sold on it!!! :) :)

Please keep me updated on your progress! I love doing searches for pictures so let me know!

skirts_n_underlays.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results