shape
carat
color
clarity

5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
this maybe random....but it can be fun..here are a few questions lets see what you guys think

where do you see yourself in 5 years?
what are your expectations for the next five year?
what are 5 things you want to accomplish in 5 years?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
In five years time, I''ll be graduated from college as a veterinary surgeon and Im hoping to work in a fairly big practice, between small animal and equine if possible. I''ll be 30
39.gif
and Im not sure how Im going to feel about that!
My expectations are that D and I get engaged and will get married two years after that which will give us time to save seeing as I can only work part time. I''d say it will be tough with me in college for another four years but we''ve been together nearly 8 years so we know each other inside out.
The main things that I want to accomplish are getting my degree and being happy with D. I''d also like to keep losing a bit more weight as Ive lost 1 stone and want to lose another 2-3 stone.

Think thats it!

What about you emilina?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see... In five years, I''ll be out of school and hopefully I will have found a good job. We will have been married for 3.5 years, hopefully we''ll be homeowners, and we might have a baby on the way (or trying to conceive, at any rate). It''s a little strange to think that, and a little scary!
6.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Living in London as I currently do, having just bought a house in The City, doing social work, and working on my jewellery-making classes.

Duel citizenship, making better adjustment and more friends in my new country, complete a master''s degree, find a job I like more, and buy a house. Also hope to go to Sydney, Thailand, more of both Western and Eastern Europe.

1-learn to drive in England (which is more strict and much more difficult then it was the US) by July 2007
2-citizenship by July 2009
3-finish masters by July 2011 (can''t start until I have citizenship due to the expense)
4-start jewellery making classes - starting in April 2006
5-buy a house (if we can ever afford it on our salaries!!)
6-travel more, but that goes without saying
7-learn French

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 10:35:27 AM
Author: Larissa
7-learn French
Ah, le français! Hehe... I can help. (I''m French Canadian)
28.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
In the next five years, I hope to be married and have my first child. I''ll be 32 and expect to have the same job, which I am VERY happy with. Hopefully, by this point we will have sold our coop or in the process of selling the coop and buying a house.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably will be still living in LA, hopefully will have bought our first house by then (or at least a condo). I''ll be 27, we''ll have been married for over 3 years, and I will NOT have kids yet (that''s in the 10-year plan!)

what are your expectations for the next five years?
See above :) and also J will contract a really good band/artist at his studio.

1) I hope to book at least a couple TV pilots within the next three
2) Visit Greece and Italy
3) Become financially comfortable without a "day job"
4) Find a fantastic system for keeping my house clean!
5) Build a successful marriage

ktkakes

Rough_Rock
i see myself in five years(31 wow that s wierd to say) married, hopefully a baby! and working in my career i do now.. im a massage therapist and i love the work!
My expectations for the next five years is that i am as happy as i am now and doing everything i want to do with no regrets!

five things i want to accomplish:
1. buy my own home
2. travel to ireland
3. have a family
4. possibly start my own massage practice
5. have a better since of financial stability!

emilina22, that was a good question i like ot see what everyone hopes to be doing then

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
in the next five years i expect to see myself with a degree in psychology and homefully working on my masters so that i can become a highschool counsler. i also see myself working with a youth cousleing org. during that time. i expect to be engaged with in the next year and a half and to have an amazing life with my husband and probably working on having children ( we want lots) the things i want to acheive are that i want to finish school. i want to become more partient towards alot of things. i want US to have a home finished or at least to have most of the house fixed up. i also want to visit japan (my B/F''s dream vacation spot).

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Living in London in a bigger house, with 2 kids and my own business.

To achieve all my goals and dreams

a) Finish the 2 children''s books I''ve illustrated and have them published.
b) Gain my Graduate Gemmologist''s Diploma from the FGA
c) Set up my own jewellery business
d) Have achieved as much as I want to in my political career so I don''t ever look back with regrets
e) Have a happy life with my darling FI and our future children in a slightly bigger house than now!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, I''m having enough problems with envisioning 5 months from now! This should be helpful, though.... hmm....

Where I/We''ll be in 5 years:
1) 4.9 years into a happy marriage
5.gif

2) I''ll have my B.S in computer science.... with honors!
3) I''ll be using that B.S either by telecommuting or by having my own programming business designing solutions for online businesses.
4) We''ll have a beautiful house that''s kept nice and tidy all the time just by habit.
5) We''ll be finacially stable and happy within our means whatever they may be.
6) We''ll have a beach vacation house (5 and 6 together may be a challenge!)
7) We''ll have gone to Greece at least once for an anniversary/belated honeymoon.
8) If we ever decide on kids we better have had our first one by then!
9) We''ll both be fit and spend alot of time outdoors.
10) Fi will be happy and challenged with his work with several books to his name.

35.gif
Thanks! Great idea for a thread emilina22!
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll have a Ph.D.!! Hopefully, I''ll also have a job somewhere as an assistant professor or a researcher at a non-profit, thinktank, or policy-oriented agency.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I will have been married to my honey for 4, nearly 5 years! Hopefully we'll be homeowners, still in Texas. I hope to be completed with my graduate studies, so NO MORE SCHOOL! YAY. In five years we will be looking to start a family..wow scary, but exciting too! Before we do start our family we plan to do a good amount of traveling. I've never been to Europe, and want to do so before we start making babies!
28.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
In 5 years I''ll be 28 years old
MARRIED! for 3.5 to 2.5 years
Graduated with my BA for 4.5 years and graduated with my M.ed for 3 years
I see myself in 5 years working as a teacher in a school for a couple of years.
We have been home owners since day one, he would have bought the house 7.5 years ago in five years
So hopefully we would have refinanced and lowered the years on the mortgage maybe down to a 15 mortgage by then.
No children in the picture yet, just starting to get comfortable and relaxing in our (paid for) hot tub! Maybe in the next 5 years, I''ll THINK about children...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, 5 years, that''s a long time! We''ll let''s see...

We''ll have been married for 4 years then, and I''ll be a month off turning 30... so I daresay FDH will be giving me stick about my ticking body clock! (the ''clucky gene'' never made its way to me in the womb, much to his disgust, he''d love a baby now
20.gif
)

Hopefully be well on our way to owning our house... if we do have kids and I have to give up work I want to OWN this place!!

I''ve recently moved up to Associate Nurse Unit Manager at work, so who knows career wise in 5 years time... Unit Manager? Maybe?
33.gif
Or kids, one or the other
37.gif
I think I like the sound of kids more, actually
25.gif

We both really want to see Italy, so that will definitely be in the piepline.

Keep the replies coming, they''re all so interesting! Great thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results