shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone diamond ring from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Ok, my 5 yr is coming up in the summer and I am opting for a 5 stone ring for her right hand instead of the bracelet I was looking at. I am going to use the setting that KtniceRN has, but I am really struggling with the carat size. Her e-ring is 1.7 ACA (F SI2) with .03 melees going around band, size 4.5. Her e-ring is tougher for her to get off her right hand (knuckle) so it will prob be size 5. Now I have to decide wether to get 1 cttw or 1.25 cttw. Has anyone seen two rings these sizes together? Is it really worth the money to go from 3.8 to 4.1 mm. I am torn

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:55:39 AM
Author:pahoyafan
Ok, my 5 yr is coming up in the summer and I am opting for a 5 stone ring for her right hand instead of the bracelet I was looking at. I am going to use the setting that KtniceRN has, but I am really struggling with the carat size. Her e-ring is 1.7 ACA (F SI2) with .03 melees going around band, size 4.5. Her e-ring is tougher for her to get off her right hand (knuckle) so it will prob be size 5. Now I have to decide wether to get 1 cttw or 1.25 cttw. Has anyone seen two rings these sizes together? Is it really worth the money to go from 3.8 to 4.1 mm. I am torn
Hi pahoya,

Lovely gift!
5.gif

I would agree on the size 5 ring, judging from what you''ve said. I''ve not seen these two actual rings, but I can tell you that in stones of this size range, a little jump can make a noticeable difference. She''s got a nice size stone in her Ering, so I think if it were me, I''d opt for the larger ct. weight.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 2:55:39 AM
Author:pahoyafan

if your wife will be using this ring along on the right hand, go for the bigger stone sz. I think this ring will be too big to wear with her e-ring together if that''s the option. My e-ring (in my avatar) is a 1.77 round..I just bought an eternity band to wear with it. When I went around trying on bands, the 20 pointers were too big to wear together with my e-ring..and I LIKE BLING but it was taking away from my e-ring. I ended up getting the 10 pointers..nice balance. I think the most I would have gone is 12-15 point. MAX (but I also have short fingers).

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
KtIce''s 5-stone ring is made with 31-pointers, and her ring size is 7. She modelled hers after KCourselle, whose ring size was smaller (I think 4.5 or 5) with the same size stones.

Only you can decide if it''s worth the money to go a bit larger. I find the .30s are quite substantial in that setting, but I''ve not seen it done with .25s for basis of comparison.

Sorry I couldn''t be more help. I''d suggest looking at KCourselle''s version to see how the 30-pointers look on a smaller ring size; that might help you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give us a link to KtniceRN ring? I cant find it
8.gif

I can tell you that I have a 1.08 pear and I am getting a 5 stone from the facets collection. Initially I was going to get
the 1 ctw. I tried on a EDT 1.25 ctw cz band and it looked fine with my ering. However, I've decided to back down to the
.81 ctw because I also have a baguette on each side of my pear and the .81 ctw matches up better with the
start and stop points of my baguetts...so I guess what I am saying for me, I would have gone with the bigger
stones (except for my baguette issue).

Here is a picture with the cz band. I actually think the CZs are bigger than 20 points. I think they may be more like 25.

img3734small.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the picture of my ring with .81 (real diamonds). This size also looks nice with my ering. I''m hoping that you
are able to draw some kind of conclusion from my pictures
37.gif

sullv1small.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, I wanted to add that both those bands sit very low to my finger. That may be another reason that to me they
didnt over-power my ering. (thats why I need to see a link to that other ring). If the stones set up real high then
they may compete a little more with the ering stone.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses! The ring will be just for her right hand, I just put the e-ring size there cause I didn''t know if right hand rings could take away from her e-ring (in this case it seems it won''t). I''ll try to find a pic of the setting later and post it (it''s sort of like the u- prong, but the sides look more heart shaped than u-shaped. This setting also sets the diamond a tiny bit lower than the Skye u-prong. The reason I asked about the price jump was because it will be 1k more (about 1/3 total price) to go from .20 to .25 stones. I guess the price jump is legit since I am going up in weight on 5 stones, not 1. I''ve looked at others here and I remember finding a pic in a thread where someone had 1cttw and it looked good. Still not sure what to do, but I do have time before I make a decision.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting a 5 stone ring for our anniversary this month, and I waivered between 1.0-1.5. My ring size is 6.25-6.5 and my ering is a 1.73 with 13 10 pointers in the bands. I, too, did not want to detract from my ering & wband, even though the 5 stone will be worn on the right hand. In the end, I opted for the 1 carat as I thought anything more than that was too much for me for every day wear.

Now I am just waiting for our anniversary for the hubby to give it to me
36.gif

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
ImpatientOne, did you look at stones in person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results