shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchased Diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
So I ordered the diamond Tuesday after work from James Allen!!! I was told it would be arrive early next week. I''m sure you can imagine how excited I am just to finally have the ring and be able to hold it and then take my future fiance''s dad out to eat and ask his permission and show him the ring. You guys here have been an AMAZING help and I definatey know if I ever need to make a future diamond purchase...maybe some earrings...then I will run to PS. June 27th is going to seem like it''s going to take FOREVER!

Btw...with the .49 Ct. F SI1 and the 14K White Gold setting it was only $1206.....JA is AMAZING!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!

Can''t wait to see the hand pics!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great!!! (What is June 27th?)

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
The day we''re going to Chicago and I am proposing...we''re going to Chicago becuase her b-day is the 26th. So as long as I can forever remember her b-day, i can remember our engagement day
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just an IRRITATING little thought to add.

Don't kill me for saying this... but legally from what I've read, in most jurisdictions, an engagement ring is the purchaser's property (the man's usually) until the wedding (it's a conditional gift, condition being marriage). BUT if the ring is given on a birthday or a holiday as a gift... then it is the recipient's property.

I know, I know... what a horrible thing to calculate on such a happy occassion... but these things just run through my mind. Don't hate me!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
her b-day gift is the tickets to teh cubs game...and the we''re going to the cubs game the day after her b-day......also....we''ve been dating for 5 years...so i don''t think we''ll be splitting up lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for you congrats!!! Can''t wait to see it!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 3:16:07 PM
Author: firstbase32
her b-day gift is the tickets to teh cubs game...and the we''re going to the cubs game the day after her b-day......also....we''ve been dating for 5 years...so i don''t think we''ll be splitting up lol
I wasn''t implying anything like that...
7.gif
I''m sorry... I''ve got all this legal crap in my head... and sometime''s in just runs right out.

I''m genuinely happy for you. Didn''t mean to pee on your parade.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
haha by no means have you "peed" on my parade lol....but i do appreciate the info. I would have never known that tid bit of info. My future fiance''s dad did make the joke about when we got engaged they would get it appraised incase i decided to run for the border and he wanted to know how much they would be able to get back. So I guess if it does pop up and that situation arises it''s safe for me to know I get my money back lol.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the point, I don''t think you do...lol. (this isn''t legal advice... just chatter) If you are giving it to her on her birthday... the implication is that it''s a birthday gift. It would be one of those things that would go to court...and the court would rule as to whether you intended it that way or not... because (in a worst case senario) you would argue that it wasn''t your intent, and the other side would argue that it was... and it would be up to the laws of your state (and previous cases) to decide whether the implication of the gift would be sufficient.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
her b-day is the 26th....we''re going to Chicago on the 27th. So it technically woudlnt'' be her b-day

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. I haven''t looked into cases on this in a while and I don''t know where you live so... don''t know how that effects it... but no worries right?

Like I said, it''s just chatter. Congrats.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
haha thanks....atleast i know if it does happen i have someone who can help plead my case
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 3:45:15 PM
Author: firstbase32
haha thanks....atleast i know if it does happen i have someone who can help plead my case
1.gif
LMAO. Oh hell no!

I do not do family law.
2.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
I''d just take them on Judge Judy...i could probably win there

darling

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, you are hilarious!
I did learn something new though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results