shape
carat
color
clarity

#46 isn''t dreaming anymore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I am officially engaged!!!! It was perfect, and I couldn''t be happier.

My "Fiance" told me that a friend was here from out of town and that we were going to visit him at his hotel, than have dinner just the two of us to celebrate our anniversary (we were in Mexico for our anniversary with friends and family so we didn''t have a romantic dinner), and if we felt like it we could meet up with his friend for drinks afterward. So I didn''t think anything of it, especially because we went ring shopping on Saturday and we were having rings come in on Wednesday to look at.

He was acting really strange, but I told myself I was just reading into things and that in no way was it possible that he would propose tonight. I just thought that my senses were heightened because I wanted it so bad.

Well we get to the hotel, and we are going up the elevator... but it needed a room key to go to the 18th floor. I told him we have to tell the front desk we are visiting someone and they will give us a key. Well the elevator went up to the 2nd floor and we got off, only to get right back on the next elevator. There was a bell boy in that one and he put us up to the 18th floor. Again, it seemed fishy, but i just thought I was reading into things.

I knock at the door, expecting my SO''s friend to open it, but he doesn''t. My fiance takes a room key and says "maybe we need this" and now I am really starting to think something is up. He just said "Happy Anniversary my love" I got us a room!!! So I walk in and there are a dozen long stem red roses on the bed, and when I turn around... there he was on one knee with the ring!!! I couldn''t beleive it was happening... which I think I said like ten times "is this really happening?"

He was saying a whole bunch of stuff but it was like a whirlwind and I couln''t really hear anything until I heard "I love you more than anything, will you be my wife? will you marry me?" I said YES (I totally remembered to say yes, yay me!) He was crying and I was crying. We opened some champagne and danced around the room singing "were engaged" everything was so cute, and we would only refer to oneanother as fiance! I took tons of pics of the ring, but I can''t upload at work so I am sorry ladies but they will have to wait. I was shaking and crying and it was the best moment of my life!

I wanted to start calling my family, but my fiance asked that we just have the moment to ourselves, and if I could just wait until after we had dinner. So some more champagne and away we went. The hostess took us upstairs to our table and I when I looked up my entire family and his family were there waiting for our arrival!!! It was the most perfect thing, and I couldn''t have asked for more. Even my grandmother was there and she lives a few hours away! I got to share my moment with the all the closest people in my life, and it just showed me that the man I get to marry is the most perfect man in the world! (most perfect for me, you ladies have your perfect man too!)

Below is a pic of the ring, but I have it with a cushion! I didn''t get to see the diamond until he proposed, but it is absolutely perfect! We got the diamond from Jamie at Whiteflash and she was really wonderful!

Stats:
Cushion Modified Brilliant
1.01 ct
G (extremely white)
SI1 (completely eye clean)
Excellent Polish
Very Good Symmetry
IS - Excellent Light Return
ASET- Excellent Balance
It is seriously perfect!!!
The setting:
44 G VS1 diamonds .22 ct 19kgold

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a great proposal!!
36.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Adorable story! So happy for you!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! Now where are pics of the actual ring missy?
31.gif
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God, it''s a dream! Congratulations...and the ring is lovely!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:16:27 PM
Author: sunnyd
Yeah! Now where are pics of the actual ring missy?
31.gif
9.gif
Ditto.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
And.........

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
manybounce.gif
manybounce.gif
36.gif
36.gif

megster84

Rough_Rock
What a sweet story. I love that he took the time to really plan things out...it is great that it had the intimate proposal between the two of you and then you got to share it with both of your families. It sounds like you have a great guy! Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I''m Sorry, I''m Sorry! I didn''t bring the USB for the Camera, because I didn''t know I was getting engaged!!! We stayed at a hotel last night, and I haven''t been home yet. I PROMISE LADIES I WILL POST PICS OF THE RING TONIGHT!!!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
That is so sweet! What a beautiful proposal! Sounds like you had the best of both worlds, a nice, romantic, heartfelt and intimate proposal, and the opportunity to celebrate with your closest loved ones. How wonderful! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!
36.gif
36.gif
emotion-19.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! Gorgeous ring and very sweet proposal

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:43:08 PM
Author: dreaming of the day
I PROMISE LADIES I WILL POST PICS OF THE RING TONIGHT!!!
You better young lady!
11.gif
9.gif
hehe
27.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I love that he tried to be so sneaky! Too cute.

CONGRATULATIONS Dreaming!!! I am really happy for you (and all the newly-engaged girls here on PS)!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now, I wait for those pictures...
31.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You''re engagement was so sweet, you made ME cry

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how sweet is it that he had that all planned out!!!

Can''t wait to see real pics of that ring!!

Congrats!!
36.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! What a wonderful proposal story!!
9.gif

I love that he completely suprised you...pretty sneaky
11.gif

Beautiful ring....but I can''t wait to see pics of the real thing

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Awww!! What a sweet, romantic proposal!! I love your ring, it''s beautiful!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, congratulations!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations!!!! I love that you two did a happy dance!
36.gif

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Aww! Your story is so cute and romantic!! I got goosebumps when I read that your family was all there.. Congrats!!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
AW!!! i''m totally misting up over here!! that''s such a wonderful engagement story! congratulations, I can''t wait to see some pictures of your ring!!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
What a wonderful story! And what a sweetheart. :)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Love the story, your proposal was so sweet!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It sounds just perfect
1.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
awwwww! congratulations!!!

your proposal story brought me to tears!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That is going to be a beautiful ring.

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness - that is the best proposal I''ve read. I would LOVE something just like that!
congratulations!

I can''t wait to see handshot of the ring - it looks gorgeous!!!!

YAY!!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Dreaming!! I''m so excited for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results