shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favourite brand of jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I work in a very casual environment and wear jeans everyday to work. Untill recently I have bought Eddie Bauer denim jeans for everyday wear. Their jeans were of good quality and affordable. Besides, I am of "average built" no model and I am not a teenager anymore and their jeans were comfortable and still looked stylish. But as mentioned in another post, I feel that the quality of their denim jeans has gone down.

So, which brand (and should I say model number
9.gif
) is your favourite less than $100 per pair of denim jeans?

Maya

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Oprah did a show about "the best jeans" you might want to search her site too ... I remember she was hard to fit and found a stretch boot cut brand she loved, loved, loved. Can't remember!!!

ETA: did a google search & came up with these jeans. I think those are the ones Oprah loved. Little over $100 though. She also made Apple Bottom jeans one of her "Favorite Things" this year ... those are under $100.

EETA: Here's a link to Oprah's Best Jeans for Every Body round up. (man I love being able to do these links now ... it only took me SIX MONTHS to figure it out
31.gif
31.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fav is the J crew one''s Hip slung. Great fit and under $100. They were on sale recently on their website. I have 3 pairs of them. Mara will know the one''s that were on Oprah though.....
2.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Lucky Brand "Dream" jeans are SUPER AWESOME, but a bit on the pricey side. I LOVE mine live in em.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I love French Connection''s boot flare. I had a girl compliment my behind on a roundabout way when I wore them once! I think they fit well and help shape the behind.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Thanks for the quick responses - I am pretty depro at the moment - think fluorescent lights and no denim jean fitting right. I am in my opinion "normal" size - wear a 6 to 8 regular pant. It shouldn't be this difficult to find a good pair of jeans!!!
8.gif
15.gif

Maybe I should change my attitude from "I WON"T pay $150+ for a pair of denim jeans" to "I will pay whatever is resonable to make my a*s lkook great at my age"
9.gif

Keep those recommendations coming! I will make a list and go shopping this wekend!
18.gif
3.gif

Maya

ETA: I don't like buying pants online - the models make them look great and then it is a cruel and rude awakening when I try them on after I had great expectations while waiting for the order to arrive. Been there, done that, got the bruised ego to proof it
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the NY Times Article. It was a fun read! She tried on the Vince pants at a store, but then found them on sale online later I think ...

She said the exact thing you did "I''ll pay whatever it takes ..." LOL!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost only wear AG Jeans..I have about 10 pairs. They are about $120-180 but once I know what 'style' fits me, then I just get them on eBay and other online sites for discounts when they have sales. This year I got a bunch at under $80 which was sweet. I just get different washes but the same styles that I like etc.

I have tried Lucky, they just don't really work for my body style, and I have tried Seven which I like when I have a smaller butt since I think they are more for not-quite-so-curvy gals, and my girlfriend swears by Paper, Denim, Cloth but I have not tried those yet.

Oprah's fave jeans that she ended up wearing were the AG Jeans in the Club style. I bought a pair and they are a little high for my taste on the rise, since I have a short waist I do better with lower rise jeans (not super low rise, more medium!) but they fit well.

She also touted a Citizens of Humanity pair of jeans for a curvy gal on her show, but I don't remember the style. Also a Levi's and something else I can't remember during her jeans show.

I know we have talked about this before in shopping (check out the forum, there was a jeans thread or three I coulda sworn) but I will pay alot of money for a good pair of jeans. On the Oprah show it was amazing how BAD these women looked in their old pairs of jeans. And they looked like a million dollars after finding the right jeans for them. The right pair of jeans for your body structure is priceless IMO.

ETA: Run a search on 'jeans' in the field up above and you will see the threads where they have been discussed a few times...it's probably easier than going back through the Shopping forum to find old threads. Hope it helps!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2006 1:07:26 AM
Author:Maya Moonstone
Hi

I work in a very casual environment and wear jeans everyday to work. Untill recently I have bought Eddie Bauer denim jeans for everyday wear. Their jeans were of good quality and affordable. Besides, I am of ''average built'' no model and I am not a teenager anymore and their jeans were comfortable and still looked stylish. But as mentioned in another post, I feel that the quality of their denim jeans has gone down.

So, which brand (and should I say model number
9.gif
) is your favourite less than $100 per pair of denim jeans?

Untill recently I liked the Eddie Bauer boot cut as well as the straight leg strech denim jeans.

Maya
$100 bucks for a pair of jeans
6.gif
my whole collection is less than $100.
7.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Levi''s and Express?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Citizens are my favorite. They are comfortable and fits me perfectly! They cost a lot yes, but I get a lot of use out of my jeans. I wear jeans almost every day=)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of Seven''s but they dont fit me in the booty area at all..
emwink.gif
It is true what Mara said, they dont fit curvy girls that well. I really like Citizens of Humanity (which is another line of Seven) they are cut a little differently and fit really nicely...they are expensive, but is is true about a good fitting pair of jeans being priceless...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Levi mid rise bootcut are my latest favourite. I am short waisted with long legs and a flat bottom, more straight up and down than curvy and these fit really well and are comfortable. I will be getting some more soon.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
The only jeans that I can find that truly fit me are Old Navy.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I gotta add I love Lucky Brand Jeans the best! I feel like they are on the small side of sizes though I actually wear them one size larger than most pants and they are really long on me even the ''short'' version so I have to get them altered.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
call me old school but I still buy Calvin Kleins - I''m 5''8, size 10 and curvy

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
also, try Marshall''s or TJ Maxx. I have found sevens, AG, PD&C etc there. They are usually priced about $30-40. I love that store!! I am a huge fan of seven jeans... but not the express knockoffs!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''d also try looking at Gap. They''ve really expanded their selection of sizes within the past couple of years, and now have many different inseam lengths and choices for both "curvy" and "straight" gals, plus those in between.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Citizens!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am a big fan of the gap Long and Lean jeans...They are relatively inexpensive too...which leaves money for more important things like purses, shoes, and jewelery!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Miss Sixty''s all the way! They fit me perfectly.
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of Sevens, a few pairs of Citizens of Humanity and 3 pairs of AG''s, one club and two Angels.

Right now I mostly wear the Sevens. The last pair I got in November were the Seven A''s and they have the swarovski crystals, so they are real cute.

I still have three jeans that I have not even worn yet as they are at the cleaners. I brought them in to get hemmed and I never picked them up.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work in an office where we wear jeans or khakis every day, too. I also love GAP''s Long and Lean jeans. I''ve gotten a few pairs for $19.99 when they''ve been on sale. I''m definitely curvy, and I can always find jeans or pants to fit me at the GAP. I''ve tried on a ton of the more expensive designer labels such as Paper, AG, Citizen, Seven, etc., and I honestly can''t find any that flatter me. I bought one pair of Blue Star trouser style jeans last year for a little over $100 and I still really like them but can''t find more anywhere! I used to wear Express jeans, but at 28 feel like I''m a bit old to be shopping there, lol! I''m not looking for jeans to go clubbing in anymore, ya know?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
28 (30) = not too old to go clubbing
1.gif

is it
6.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starset, no, I don''t think 28-30 is really too old to go clubbing, it just doesn''t happen in my life anymore! Since I got married I guess I lost that desire to get out and "see and be seen." By no means am I saying there''s an age limit on clubbing, though.
9.gif
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
A good fitting jean is rather illusive & takes some time finding. You have to try on several styles, brands, etc. But, when you find one that works - buy several pairs.

For me, I have consistently bought Men''s Levi jeans - 505. Other than that - it varies. My last pairs were limited jeans. Loved them - until they changed the style & fit.
20.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I love Citizens of Humanity, Seven, and Miss Sixty. But I have to say my most favorite are True Religion Joey jeans. They're definitely not for every day--super low rise--but I LOVE them! They are also my most expensive pair. Like Mara, I'm willing to spend money on jeans because "per wear" it's worth it!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i have a bit of a butt
9.gif

and my favorite jeans are joe''s jeans. particularly the honey or the socialite style. they are well worth the money!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could find my favorite jeans!!! I look like a 5''2" ruler with boobs (sorry if that''s TMI) so jeans are never easy! Sevens never look right - too bunchy in the hips. I have a pair of Miss Sixty, but I don''t love them. I''ve tried Earl jeans, but, they flatten the backside. I have some Old Navy jeans that I got for kids soccer/basketball/baseball practices and such...I probably wear those the most. I am planning on going to Nordy''s this weekend and hunting for the perfect jeans. Wish me luck!

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
I HATE shopping for jeans for myself =P It''s so hard for me to find a pair that fit. I also have a bit of a butt, and I have boney hips- no meat on them, the bones just kinda stick out a lot under my skin. (Don''t worry- it doesn''t look as horrifying as it sounds LOL they''re normal hips, but my bf complains that they''re too boney when he tries to nap on my lap...
20.gif
)

it''s hard to find jeans that''ll fit my hips/waist and still be able to fit my butt LOL
It also always comes out too baggy around my thighs if I try on a pair that fits my bottom well.
That or they''re too long for my legs if they fit my hips well (I''m 5''3),

I haven''t found that "perfect" pair yet....but some brands I often go for are Lucaya (cuz they make jeans for women with BOTTOMS!), and places like American Eagle and Hollister. They don''t fit perfectly but close enough.
face22.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results